[Suggestion] Suits!

• First time poster long time reader. Greetings to everyone on the forums! I had a suggestion on my mind for quite sometime, and I have decided after doing a bit of a search to post it. Its all about suits and different armors that can be made using industrialcraft.

Currently our armor options are Nano, Quantum, Composite Armor (chest piece only), Bronze, and various backpacks (though I have heard a Hazard Suit is in the works). What I am proposing we do is utilize this thread to gather a think-tank of suit ideas for industrialcraft. I think that different suits should have different functions. Currently, the Q-Suit does pretty much everything. Invulnerability, super jumps, super speed, replenishment of hunger and breath and maybe a function i might have missed somewhere. I've always thought that a jack of all trades master of none philosophy would be best used on the Q-suit itself. (I guess I'm calling for a bit of a nerf to it i suppose.) I feel the Q-suit being nerfed in its speed, jumping, and hunger replenishment assets might open up the possibilities of more suits to choose from (Side-grades if you will). Here is a list of suit suggestions and changes. (To current and hopefully future suits)

Composite Armor

Leave this chest piece as is. Its an upgrade to bronze chest piece and its enchant able. No change needed here.

Nano Suit

Keep the entire suit as is with the exception of its invulnerability when fully worn. 8.5-9 armor power is perfectly fine for an armor that can be recharged. (Note: that's when fully wearing the suit). Nothing else needs to be changed here other than that massive defense.

Q-Suit

Many changes need to happen to this armor. I suggest we keep its invulnerability to damage when worn. However, we need to remove its hunger refilling, speed boosting, jump boosting abilities. Allowing the armor to make you invulnerable does not mean you can walk through hazards (like drowning, pollution (if its coming), and lava/fire not without a consequence). Make it (configurable, if possible) so that EU power drain on the suit increases to a much larger extent when on fire or drowning or in a polluted area.

Hazard Suit

technically this should be in the new suit ideas area but I read that a H-Suit is in the works currently. My only suggestion for it is that it provide decent, but not great protection from various injuries, in addition to immunity to fire/lava/pollution and a helmet setup for not drowning.

New Suit Ideas

Provided my thread isn't locked or rendered denied, I would like to open the floor up to new suit ideas that can be added to this list. Having an entire community work together on new suits could help better the diversity of armor items for industrialcraft itself.

Groundskeeper Suit

Helmet- While equipped, allow it the ability to analyze crops (like a HUD similar to Thaumcraft 2 goggles) consuming the required EU amount from the helmet charge. (You could analyze the crop by holding it with the helmet equipped.

Chest- Have a setting (like how the mining laser is set) that allows you to pick which plant you would be able to place using right clicks (on an empty inventory slot. (example, you set the chest piece to seeds, it will consume EU from the chest and plant wheat seeds on ground (auto tilling the ground in the process). EU consumption is left to the config file if possible. (if possible allow uu matter to be apart of the creation of this recipe)

Pants- Life regeneration on the wearer (the status effect if possible).

Boots- Boots should function as grip. If possible, allow the boots to not allow sliding on ice, or being pushed by running water. Maybe even a function to allow climbing surfaces as if ladders were placed there.
    boots that prevent trampling are sufficient for me-passinglurker

Total Armor Strength of this suit should be : 2.5 armor

Flight Suit

This is a full suit set that needs to be completely worn in order to provide bonuses. The chest piece needs to require a jet pack or electric jet pack in its crafting. The full suit would give flight, a minor speed increase (like a swift running potion buff), immunity to falling damage/slow fall, and a HUD display. The HUD would give a fuel gauge for the suit (EU gauge if we want this suit to be electric based), your distance from the block your above (i know we have f3 for that but it would be nice to have a version which doesn't take up as much screen real estate), and maybe even have a bit of a mini map function. (perhaps even functioning as an enhanced mapping function).

Total Armor Strength: 4 armor

*Concerning the Nano Saber and its current function, I think the saber itself should deal plenty of EU damage to suits , but it needs to take massive damage while doing so. The saber as it stands right now is a bit lopsided in that function. (don't let it destroy suits anymore if ya change it)

Feel free to add your ideas and thoughts to this thread.

• welcome to the forums :D
    now about your suggestions
    nano/qsuit- sigh another nerfer
    WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!
    no especially when it comes the the quantum suit it is an endgame item the powers are the whole point people craft it for what it costs, and why do we need to nerf it? if its a gut feeling i suggest you see a doctor.

back to nice mode
    hazmat suit- the suit should provide total protection from all environmental hazards but will be extra vulnerable to mob and player attack just like how it was proposed

gardener- boots that prevent trampling are sufficient for me

flight- there is an addon that is very close to this

nano saber- this already does extra damage to quantum and nano armor no change needed

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Well, for the time being, you can try this new Gravitation Armor add-on...

But I like some of the ideas presented. Kinda wish someone would take over the Composite Armor add-on that F34RT3HB34ST did back last Winter...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Well, for the time being, you can try this new Gravitation Armor add-on...

But I like some of the ideas presented. Kinda wish someone would take over the Composite Armor add-on that F34RT3HB34ST did back last Winter...

I'm working on that tonight, once I can get it decompiled and build an environment in Eclipse. I'll make a new thread for it probably.

• if you wear the q-suit , you are completely invulnerable. but it would be better if the :Nano Saber: is the only weapon that can damage a player with q-suit (1 heart )

Wait for Industrium Conflict ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Alblaka you liar! You said, that there will never be a full Compositesuit, but its ON THE TO-DO-LIST!!! :cursing: (I guess Alblaka didnt even know, that its there)

Even if Stuff on the TO-DO-LIST is not often implemented. :D

i wish i could find this elusive list lol. is it on the foroumn?