Tin Cables and a Solar Farm with more than 5eu/t

• I just got a small solar farm operation going on the roof of my house. I hooked up 10 panels in a 2x5 grid and they all connect to 1 tin cable that goes out for about 35 blocks and is attached to a batbox. The panels all have a tin cable attached underneath and one of the corner tin cables goes under to the batbox. This is all fine and dandy until I started thinking about the set up. My question is why hasn't the tin exploded? If each Solar Panel outputs at 1 eu/t then this would mean that when the 10 panels funnel into the 1 corner tin wire that tin wire is receiving 10 eu/t and tin wire can only sustain 6eu/t before exploding.

What is going on here?

• Just realized you are a developer! You rock man! I just recently got into ic2 and it is the best mod out there by far IMO.

Also, would there ever be a maximum number of panels that I could hook up to that one cable?

• Official Post

Just realized you are a developer! You rock man! I just recently got into ic2 and it is the best mod out there by far IMO.

Also, would there ever be a maximum number of panels that I could hook up to that one cable?

Five, because there are only 6 Blocks space around a Cable and you need also Sunlight, so a Solarpanel on bottom would be pointless (and where should the energy flow?).

But if you mean one long Cable and not the Cableblock itself, then its unlimited (until your cable is longer than 40 Blocks)

• Here is the best way I've found to wire solar panels but sadly i forget where i saw this design.
    (No one shoot me for bringing back solar flowers)

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• 324 EU/t from one of this 4 mega plants :) regular solar panels.. = 1296 EU/t together.. insane amout I dont know now what with energy so I have to make more fabricators. But the point is, one tin cable can handle that.. 1 1 1 1 1 1 1... 324 this 1 EU/t packets at once flow into MFSU but it is okey.. 1 EU/t in real it is nonsense that is too much power but here it is OK here is important only size of packet :)

• why are solar flowers outdated? I thought they gave you more bang for your buck.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• 324 EU/t from one of this 4 mega plants :) regular solar panels.. = 1296 EU/t together.. insane amout I dont know now what with energy so I have to make more fabricators. But the point is, one tin cable can handle that.. 1 1 1 1 1 1 1... 324 this 1 EU/t packets at once flow into MFSU but it is okey.. 1 EU/t in real it is nonsense that is too much power but here it is OK here is important only size of packet :)

Oh the lag, every cable junction causes more lag, which is why normal solar plants minimize them.
    This is the most popular design:
    It uses a tin cable surrounded by solar panels, it can be extended run 39 blocks outwards and is maximum possible efficiency (in this picture I have two rows running parallel to each other):
    ]
    An MFSU has been put on the end of one to collect energy (the other is left open so you can see the tin cables inside). Kane Hart had a similar setup with the tin cables merging at the end (they cannot be longer than 39 blocks thou!) running 250+EU/t through tin cables.

Solar flowers were IC1 stuff, IC2 outdated them. This is probably the best design, in terms of maximum coverage, minimum junction and loads of panels.

• thanks bbq. btw your tasty.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Oh the lag, every cable junction causes more lag, which is why normal solar plants minimize them.
    This is the most popular design:
    It uses a tin cable surrounded by solar panels, it can be extended run 39 blocks outwards and is maximum possible efficiency (in this picture I have two rows running parallel to each other):
    ]
    An MFSU has been put on the end of one to collect energy (the other is left open so you can see the tin cables inside). Kane Hart had a similar setup with the tin cables merging at the end (they cannot be longer than 39 blocks thou!) running 250+EU/t through tin cables.

Solar flowers were IC1 stuff, IC2 outdated them. This is probably the best design, in terms of maximum coverage, minimum junction and loads of panels.

I have 70+ FPS and i have only clasic 4GB ram, dual core AMD, HD4650 G.Card so.. i dont know if that is some problem ..I had problems .. lag spikes but that was because chicken farm sound problem.. and I figure out that. So dont worry if you want to have nice flat roof I have 7 mass fabricators and lots of other but still energy.. i dont know how to use that much.. and i mine with dynamits long tunnels 3*3 always throw 1 in the middle and nice tunnels.. so I have all materials i need.. what else if not miners :) I do not have idea

• Official Post

I have 70+ FPS and i have only clasic 4GB ram, dual core AMD, HD4650 G.Card so.. i dont know if that is some problem ..I had problems .. lag spikes but that was because chicken farm sound problem.. and I figure out that. So dont worry if you want to have nice flat roof I have 7 mass fabricators and lots of other but still energy.. i dont know how to use that much.. and i mine with dynamits long tunnels 3*3 always throw 1 in the middle and nice tunnels.. so I have all materials i need.. what else if not miners :) I do not have idea

Need energy? Check my Wind engineering tutorial !

• BBQ-Roast means that he is the Person, who grills the BBQ and not, that he is the BBQ.

Oh and you should've used "you're".

BBQ-Roast means that he is the Person, who grills the BBQ and not, that he is the BBQ.

Oh and you should've used "you're".

Oh. thanks, also. You're one to talk mr. "hiding under the floor boards I've finally found you"