Suggestion: teleporter - unfocussed jump capability

• Suppose you link a teleporter to itself, what should happen? Well, surely not nothing - instead there should be a feedback loop that means that you're deposited somewhere - anywhere - across the current world. After you've walked back, if you try it again, you will end up somewhere else....

• Suppose you link a teleporter to itself, what should happen? Well, surely not nothing - instead there should be a feedback loop that means that you're deposited somewhere - anywhere - across the current world. After you've walked back, if you try it again, you will end up somewhere else....

While I like the idea, anywhere in the current world? By current world do you mean chunks that had been previously loaded, or including the far lands as possible territory to teleport into?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• My thought is that it ought to be somewhere the teleporter would be able to teleport you to if you'd actually set it up normally. ie that if you have 10 MEu in the MFSU nearby, it'll kick you out to anywhere within about a 5k radius, or whatever radius 10 MEu could normally teleport you to. But perhaps it should be more random than usual - some chance of not going far at all - some chance of ending up significantly further away.

Obviously it should gulp down all the energy in the attached MFSU's as a tradeoff....

I can't see any reason why it should favour chunks you've seen before (other than technical limitations, obviously)

• Far lands no longer exist btw.
    This sounds like a semi-cool idea however, it is not THAT cool and i think we should let ablaka concentrate on things like industrial conflict!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• It's not _that_ cool, I agree. But it's possible it may be quite easy to do - speaking as someone who writes code, it's quite possibly only about 20 lines of code to do - and no more than an hour's work.

• Sure? What's th point, except to punish noobs?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• A point would be to go far off for new territory to set up a new resource gathering base, I've gotten plenty of worlds that have are a resource oasis in the middle of a desert, It would be handy being able to go far out without needing to run all that distance first. Especially if its easy to code.

Proud IndustrialCraft user Since Minecraft beta 1.3 (Or 1.4, To many nukes to the face can cause memory issues.)

• i'm going to state that 'straight up/down' should be valid drop targets as well.
    stuck in a brick wall/pit of lava or falling to your death? that's your luck mate

• Speaking of cool ideas about teleporting:) I'd not suggest this seriously, but...
    Volume teleport. Not just you, but a 16x16x16 cube around you switch places with those in destination. If there is some unmovable block in either cube (bedrock, etc), teleport fails.

• Speaking of cool ideas about teleporting:) I'd not suggest this seriously, but...
    Volume teleport. Not just you, but a 16x16x16 cube around you switch places with those in destination. If there is some unmovable block in either cube (bedrock, etc), teleport fails.

So the teleporter brings the room with it?
    could be cool because that way it brings the mfsu also. so you can keep all power production on one side. It may be cheap but i like it.+1

• Would this room that the telporter brings with it have the possibility to materialize inside a solid block, and in that case would it function like the modular forcefield block cutter upgrade, or would the materials annihilate killing Steve instantly?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Would this room that the telporter brings with it have the possibility to materialize inside a solid block, and in that case would it function like the modular forcefield block cutter upgrade, or would the materials annihilate killing Steve instantly?

Even if you are teleported inside a block, you can break it fast enough before suffocating.

To CraftOfMines: I'm joining EXPHC, can i live with you? (Send me X,Z by PM)
    I'm completely lost there, can't find anyone and i can't contact anyone also.

• Would this room that the telporter brings with it have the possibility to materialize inside a solid block, and in that case would it function like the modular forcefield block cutter upgrade, or would the materials annihilate killing Steve instantly?

Source and destination blocks switch places. Energy cost of teleport is if all items in both cubes, including placed, in containers and lying around, are in initiator's inventory. Extra for hard-to break placed blocks.
    And probably there should be some teleport-jammers to prevent (over) using this offensively.

When you normaly teleport, I think the aireblocks in the targeted area are replaced by you and your aireblocks from your starter point(I suppose). So I think it should be like the cutter upgrade.

And the airblock you replace? they must be in the void.

SpwnX,CrafterOfMines57: I hope to see you there someday :D