Batboxes and redstone signals

• Is there some trick to using the redstone button on batboxes that I'm not getting? I can't seem to get it to actually DO the things it says it will do on a redstone signal. Alternatively, anyone have pictures of their setup that works that I can look at?

Thanks.

• Actually it's pretty simple and quite easy to explain.

The six modes are as follows:

- Nothing (default)
    - Emit if full
    - Emit if partially filled
    - Emit if empty
    - Do not output energy
    - Do not output energy unless full

These are all available on any batbox, MFE and MFSU which will be referred to as "the device" from here where all three apply.

The first three cause the device to output a redstone signal, while the last two sets it to react to incoming signals.

While on nothing the device will not output any redstone signals and not react to any incoming redstone signals on any side.

Emit if full will cause the device to output a redstone signal on all sides when completely full.

Emit if partially full will cause the device to output a redstone signal on all sides if the device is not empty and not completely filled.

Emit if empty will cause the device to output a redstone signal on all sides if the device is empty. Empty in this case means it does not have enough energy to send out a package, i.e. a batbox would be considered empty when under 32 EU's while an MFSU will be considered empty while having less than 512 EU's.

Do not output energy will prevent the device from sending out energy while receiving a redstone signal. But will not prevent it from accepting energy. When not receiving a redstone signal it will behave normally.

Do not output energy unless full will prevent the device from sending out energy unless it's full. I.e. it as soon as it is full it will send out an energy package, then it's no longer full and will stop until it's been recharged, and repeat. While not receiving a redstone signal the device will behave normally.

• That's the part I understand, unfortunately. What I don't understand is why my current setup that tries to use it isn't working. I guess I'll have to do a little more experimentation.

• That's the part I understand, unfortunately. What I don't understand is why my current setup that tries to use it isn't working. I guess I'll have to do a little more experimentation.

have to be more specific than "it isn't working"
    I've got two current setups involving 4 MFE's shutting off a reactor that works great. Note if your using redpower wire: you may have to place the wire on the storage device itself (not sure if you have to, I always have)

• That was it - I wasn't aware you actually could place redwire on blocks with right-click dialogs like that. So I was trying to use regular vanilla redstone dust wiring instead and I've never been good at visualizing how that kind works, and was probably putting it in the wrong place or routing it incorrectly or something. Thanks.

• That was it - I wasn't aware you actually could place redwire on blocks with right-click dialogs like that. So I was trying to use regular vanilla redstone dust wiring instead and I've never been good at visualizing how that kind works, and was probably putting it in the wrong place or routing it incorrectly or something. Thanks.

Yeah, if the machine has a UI then all one has to do is shift+right-click. I think it works for some IC2 stuff as well. (transformers and such, placing them next to something)

• Official Post

Yeah, if the machine has a UI then all one has to do is shift+right-click. I think it works for some IC2 stuff as well. (transformers and such, placing them next to something)

Vice versa, this feature was coded for all IC2 stuff, but it may doesnt work for blocks of other mods. Though all redpower machines have this feature as well (given Eloraam came up with said utility idea first).

• Official Post

Vice versa, this feature was coded for all IC2 stuff, but it may doesnt work for blocks of other mods. Though all redpower machines have this feature as well (given Eloraam came up with said utility idea first).

Not all had this Feature. In the early Versions of RP, she forgot a few Machines (Blutric Batbox for example). Now Thaumcraft, Computercraft, Vanillastuff (with Forge) and most other good Mods, have that too.