SMP Sideways machines? [Solved: rollback to forge #108]

• It seems this is an issue that's come up before, but as yet I have seen no clear solution to it...

I'm running an IC2 server - no other mods asides IC 1.95b + Forge 114. (this, by the way, is the only combination that I can get to load and run - Ive tried Forge builds 135, 152 and 164, combined IC 1.95b and 1.97 - to no avail)

And all my machinery is borked. Upside down, sideways, power generation is a bust and my world hurts. Is there a way to rectify this, short of rolling back to even earlier versions of Forge or IC?

*edit* - does anyone know if this'll be fixed in later iterations? as the subject says, I had to roll all the way back to Forge #94 to get anything to work...

*edit II* - the Case of The Incredible Invisible Minecarts meant an uptick to Forge #108

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

Edited 2 times, last by Aethir: updated working forge version # ().

• The issue with sideways machines has only been for people running bukkit and/or multiverse(worlds) what ever it's called.

The fact you are having trouble getting MC to run with only forge (newer versions), makes me think there is something else wrong with how your installing, or something else on your system. I'd look at that as the issue of whats wrong with your current install as well.

• The issue with sideways machines has only been for people running bukkit and/or multiverse(worlds) what ever it's called.

The fact you are having trouble getting MC to run with only forge (newer versions), makes me think there is something else wrong with how your installing, or something else on your system. I'd look at that as the issue of whats wrong with your current install as well.

To clarify my installation procedure:
    1. Fresh .jar
    2. Add Modloader 1.2.5 (no modloader, no minecraft - it's only MLMP that Forge does away with, it seems)
    3. Add Forge client files
    4. Run MC, stare in confusion at my workshop...

Currently I have Forge #108 installed, which solved both the sideways machines (no bukkit/multiwhatnow in sight) and the invisible minecart issues - but I had to revert to IC 1.95b as well.

What else could possibly be on my system that would cause such a thing?

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• The newer versions of forge do away with regular modloader as well. (135 and up, maybe even a few versions prior)

What program do you use to add the files into the jar?
    What's your process? Are you fully extracting the jar, adding the files then recompressing it?

• This is what happens when I install Forge versions #135/152/164 without installing Modloader first:

- when I install Modloader first then Forge, it runs fine. So if the later Forge iterations do away with it, I fail to see how that works...

As for .jar editing program: WinRAR
    Process: open .jar in WinRAR, drag/drop files direct from directory to opened .jar

The process isn't at fault as far as I can tell; as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get a running IC SMP server going, let alone connect to it. It just seems to be that only very specific combinations of Forge and IC work together... which is intensely frustrating for even an experienced player, let alone some clueless newb trying to get in on this awesome Industrialthingy...

• The correct installation procedure for Forge 135 and up is:

Get a fresh minecraft.jar (force update if needed)
    Download the recommended build of Forge.
    Copy the contents of Forge into the minecraft.jar.
    and finally, don't even think about putting Modloader into it. Modloader is no longer required and is incompatible.

• The correct installation procedure for Forge 135 and up is:
    Get a fresh minecraft.jar (force update if needed)
    Download the recommended build of Forge.
    Copy the contents of Forge into the minecraft.jar.
    and finally, don't even think about putting Modloader into it. Modloader is no longer required and is incompatible.

Crash, burn, epic fail.

Please refer to the preceding posts, and preferably read them in entirety - the process you outlined does not work for me. At all.

i.e. if Modloader was incompatible - then why does MC refuse to run until Modloader is installed...?
    This is 100% completely replicable in Forge builds 135, 152, and 164.

• Crash, burn, epic fail.

Please refer to the preceding posts, and preferably read them in entirety - the process you outlined does not work for me. At all.

i.e. if Modloader was incompatible - then why does MC refuse to run until Modloader is installed...?
    This is 100% completely replicable in Forge builds 135, 152, and 164.

nope, not "100% completely replicable" as i'm running 152 here with ZERO problems and I never installed Modloader.
    aka: PEBCAK, don't blame others for your inability to install mods properly.

• nope, not "100% completely replicable" as i'm running 152 here with ZERO problems and I never installed Modloader.
    aka: PEBCAK, don't blame others for your inability to install mods properly.

Absolutely, 100% replicable on my system. As for an 'inability to install mods correctly' - given that the final error was traced to an odd command-line, and had nothing to do with mod installation at all, I'd say that's one of the less helpful replies I've had...

• Official Post

OK, please list the following, even when you already said it.

Javaversion: 1.6 or 1.7?
    Minecraftversion: 1.2.5 (hopefully)
    Forgeversion: for example 135
    IC²-Version: 1.95b or 1.97?

And make sure that the normal Modloader is not installed and that IC² is in the "mods"-folder

• I probably should re-edit the thread title...

All my arcane problems with later versions of Forge were traced back to the command line I was using to launch Minecraft - something in it was causing Forge to act in strange ways. When the command line was put into a batchfile, it worked as originally intended. Problem solved, happy Minecraft, happy me. Thank you all for your input on this; it was frustrating because I was following installation instructions correctly - but bad things were happening.