Suggestiong : "Coloring" Machine, multiple coloring

• Pretty much everything is in the title.

Being able to make some cable not connect whit some machine would be a big plus. ie to make it possible for HV cable to "touch" machine without making them explode (not the reason why i want this implemented tho XD)

As for multiple coloring, well maybe actually not a multiple coloring bur more a "blending" kind of way. ie red dont connect to yellow, but yellow does connect to orange and so does red.

Those are just some more idea to make cable circuit more "compact" while working perfectly fine ^^

• Sounds like a good idea. Could be useful.
    Or maybe make it so that machines by default only connect to default colored cable?

• Or maybe make it so that machines by default only connect to default colored cable?

Didn't think of that, but yes that would actually be almost the same and probably easier to code, tho if not much of a diff in coding, i would prefer "coloring" machine, since adding a black cable could sometime be as bad X(

• A very good idea. That way, one can run MV/HV cables on ground level without risking to damage any machines that might come into contact with them.

• The idea does make sense.
    I would probably prefer "machines connect to black cables only", it's easier to implement.

No-no-no-no-no-no-no!
    This is bad!
    Now you can create a sweet vertical machine array 3x5 with the copper cables, BUT you need to color the cables to avoid big grid of cables. So, machines should be connected with the colored cable in this case!

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• No-no-no-no-no-no-no!
    This is bad!
    Now you can create a sweet vertical machine array 3x5 with the copper cables, BUT you need to color the cables to avoid big grid of cables. So, machines should be connected with the colored cable in this case!

Obviously. This is why you would need to be able to color machines, and use the same rule as wires.

• No-no-no-no-no-no-no!
    This is bad!

As far as when I would ever need a 3x5 grid of machines...I don't know. However, that is a valid argument. COLORED MACHINES IT IS!

• OK, not 5x3 grid, 4x3 or 3x3 grids are requiring cable painting too...
    And yes, colored machines are gonna be SO AWESOME!
    I'll paint my machines by the Rainbow Dash colors!

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Hm...

Just wondering how often the compendium are being updated...
    This seems like being "accepted" so are lot's of other suggestion, but i don't see any of them in the compendium, simply asking ^^

• OK, not 5x3 grid, 4x3 or 3x3 grids are requiring cable painting too...
    And yes, colored machines are gonna be SO AWESOME!
    I'll paint my machines by the Rainbow Dash colors!

I'm still unconvinced of the need for stackable machines, as I've always favored linear arrays.
    However, I support colored machines in the name of creativity.

• Agreeing here, not sure as to how exactly XD but i wouldnt like the coloring effect to be much apparent. Either in the GUI or some really small change on the bloc skin X(

• Personally, I'd prefer it if the machines maintained their original texture and wern't coloured too visably. Maybe just a mark on the back face or in the gui.

How about have a spot in the GUI where you put the cable type/color you want it to connect to (it ignores all others)

This way you can change the color on the fly, no need to make extra sprites or block textures to represent the machine color, and you can easily see (by opening the machine) which cable you need to use.

Sure, it may cost you an extra cable piece, but for the adaptability, it's a price I'd be willing to pay myself.

• Official Post

How about have a spot in the GUI where you put the cable type/color you want it to connect to (it ignores all others)

This way you can change the color on the fly, no need to make extra sprites or block textures to represent the machine color, and you can easily see (by opening the machine) which cable you need to use.

Sure, it may cost you an extra cable piece, but for the adaptability, it's a price I'd be willing to pay myself.

Although this would be great, the cable painter only paints placed cables. Whenever you break them again, they default to their basic, uncoloured variety, so cannot associate a machine with a colour this way.

• Although this would be great, the cable painter only paints placed cables. Whenever you break them again, they default to their basic, uncoloured variety, so cannot associate a machine with a colour this way.

May be expensive, but put the dye color in the machine, all you are really doing is telling it what color to associate with.

P.S. And yeah, I figured out that about the cables not to long ago, my first time using the painters