Rocket Science IC2-based Takeover IC2 [103]Needs Friendly Helpers

• Actually your wrong. ICBM is not for blowing things up in different ways like mods like Explosives+ aims to. The aim of ICBM is to bring strategic warfare to Minecraft and to blow stuff up strategically. Rocket Science isn't a space program deal much either from what I can see. The only rocket that brings you to space is that passenger rocket. But that's all. I respect Kentington as his mod greatly inspired me to make ICBM but he doesn't look like he's got lot's of time to work on his mod so I decided - instead of waiting for an update, I'm going to make one.

Thats why I said promised. Supposedly a space station/satellite type thing was in the works but Kentington never had time to finish it. Still your mod looks awesome and a excellent successor to the military applications of rocket science. I'm half tempted to use ICBMs as a base for more civilian applications if I can ever get up the motivation to start coding things again.

• Mmm, I like ICBM except for the fact that it dosen't currently use the ic2 API. This RS thing is mostly an intro to modding for me where I can play w/ existing stuff and eventually add a moon dimension if I manage to get enough free time. I learn from existing code more easily than through reading, which is why I hope that this will succeed unlike IG

• Thats why I said promised. Supposedly a space station/satellite type thing was in the works but Kentington never had time to finish it. Still your mod looks awesome and a excellent successor to the military applications of rocket science. I'm half tempted to use ICBMs as a base for more civilian applications if I can ever get up the motivation to start coding things again.

ICBM is planning to actually add satellites to spy on enemy lands, but ICBM is mainly aimed for warfare, not space travel type thing. Making space travel might require Minecraft to make some new space dimensions and weird things which I'm not too up for... Face it. Most people want Rocket Science for it's warfare element. I don't see many people that excited about the "passenger rocket" which acts quiet weird.

Quoted from "CrazyCrafter"

Mmm, I like ICBM except for the fact that it dosen't currently use the ic2 API.

ICBM will NEVER use the IC2 API simply because I disagree with their terms for add-ons and also I want to be independent of a big mod. However, there will be an UE mod called "Universal Transformers" which will allow ICBM to accept electricity via that mod in the near future.

• I don't find Rocket Science interesting for me personally, because a)they have barely uses outside destruction, i.e. pvp and b)while there are rockets is them, there is no science in it.

I want rockets to be like nuclear reactors, with parts put on grid, working depending on their relative positions, but with fuel pods, thrusters and payloads instead of uranium cells and heat dispensers. Or something similarly non-trivial/interesting/creative.

And civilian uses for rockets - satellites, missions (manned and automatic) to another planets, etc. But I think it was suggested numerously times before.

• I do like the idea of just nuking the landscape for shiggles, but other than that, the only thing attractive about Rocket Science is the fusion reactor. And even then, I found my MV Solar Arrays were plenty of power to run my factory complex.

• I do like the idea of just nuking the landscape for shiggles, but other than that, the only thing attractive about Rocket Science is the fusion reactor. And even then, I found my MV Solar Arrays were plenty of power to run my factory complex.

To be honest, I think the fusion reactor should be a separate add-on. It's not really related to Rocket Science that much...

• I agree, make the fusion reactor its own addon. IF its allowed, make it open source, that way others can learn.

It will be great 8)

If you see any grammar-mistakes please tell me :P

• Maybe then we can re-think the idea of making the Fusion reactor a bit more beefy and make it out of a couple blocks instead of just one. I really liked that idea, since these buggers are real monsters.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• To be honest, I already made a mod that is a "take over" to rocket science with at least 12 different missiles and compatible with newest Forge. It doesn't use the IC2 API though. You can see it here if it interests you: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…itary-tech-60k-downloads/

i took a look at your mod and sure its great and all but, it looks like it was put together half ass and in a hurry. it doesn't allowed for automation like the rocketscience mod does.

• Well. I'm glad some new discussion more productive than "update for 1.2.5!" is being generated for RS, but I'm kind of sad the original didn't go much further. I would like to see a lot more go into the Fusion Reactor. I could care less about destruction beyond the nuke rocket. Space exploration is nice, but it doesn't really fit well with minecraft's mechanics. Maybe it would fit as sort of an addon or similar mod to Mystcraft, where other planets are very simply dimensions, without much travel through actual space.

What I'm interested in is the fusion reactor. I would like to see fusion reactors become more automate-able and more to be done with them. It's like it adds an entirely new method of power generation, but there's nothing that uses it. I'd like some more machines involving the new method, maybe make it a new tier of power generation and run machines off the Extreme or Ultra-High voltage. Maybe, even, the fission and fusion reactors can be combined to create a "Mini-Star" which generates much more energy for the same amount of fuel. I find myself really wishing I just had that new super-conductive cabling, which is even more efficient than the Glass Fibre Cabling, and would work well with some mods (like the lightning rod mod) and their issues in dealing with higher voltage
    costs/generation. It would add a whole new platform for mods, and maybe Nuclear Control can add some stuff for the new generators.

Some ideas, for anyone who wants to run with them, that could potentially use this new tier of power generation (or just the old one) could be the Singularity Machine, which would be capable of creating singularities to massively compress items, at the cost of an extreme amount of power. It wouldn't be like the singularity condenser from advanced machines, it would be something new which could take any item and add it to a "Black Hole" item, which is essentially a repository for matter. You pop the black hole into a mass fabricator or something like it, and it converts it or "decompresses" it over time into UU matter or something, kind of like a ginormous stack of scrap. Maybe you could even hook one of these up to a rocket and launch it off to an enemy where it would create a singularity where it lands, sucking everything around it into a black hole before disappearing. Maybe you could turn it into a singularity miner, which mines things like a laser or drill, but much faster, and adds it instantly to a black hole in it's inventory.

Then there's other ideas for this new age of power, like a plasma generator that creates a new liquid or item that's a super version of lava. It could burn through blocks, destroying their items, and hurt anything that even gets close to it. Maybe you could have a plasma-cutter tool, or a plasma cannon weapon which is like a re-chargeable gun that can destroy blocks as well as enemies. Maybe you can make a plasma bomb and attach it to a rocket to spread plasma all over the target, damaging anything near it and burning holes through any blocks it touches. Maybe you won't need a plasma generator, but it would be a sort of by-product of a "Mini-Star". Maybe you could make a Plasma Injector (made from plasma of course) that would reduce the startup heat/electricity costs of the fusion reactor and the mini-star.

The possibilities when looking to modern science and science-fiction are endless. You could even go for time travel integrated into singularities, if you want to go that route of Astrophysics Theory. Maybe the mod could just be called, "Industrial Science" or just, "Science."

• ICBM will NEVER use the IC2 API simply because I disagree with their terms for add-ons and also I want to be independent of a big mod. However, there will be an UE mod called "Universal Transformers" which will allow ICBM to accept electricity via that mod in the near future.

that's fine with me, i can see why you feel that way. Splitting the fusion reactor off from the rest of the mod and if MCP cooperates this time I might get that done today. nvm,got better things to do.

• Maybe then we can re-think the idea of making the Fusion reactor a bit more beefy and make it out of a couple blocks instead of just one. I really liked that idea, since these buggers are real monsters.

I'm actually writing a mod that's called Atomic Science which adds "better" nuclear power plants (more realistic), fusion reactors and antimatter particle accelerators. It's going to be epic. Here's a snapshot of it:
    http://www.minecraftforge.net/…dex.php/topic,1128.0.html

Sadly (for IC2 fans), it's not an IC2 add-on. It's a Universal Electricity mod but it can be easily converted over to IC2 via the "Universal Transformers" mod that's going to be compatible with IC2 when IC2 releases for 1.3.1.

• i took a look at your mod and sure its great and all but, it looks like it was put together half ass and in a hurry. it doesn't allowed for automation like the rocketscience mod does.

The mod is still in beta as there are so many features I want to include in ICBM. If it looks buggy, that's because it's in beta. Once the mod is fully released it won't look rushed at all.

What do you mean by "it doesn't allow automation"? You can pipe missiles into the launchers via BC or RP if you wanted to. I think Rocket Science lacks more automation than ICBM if you're talking about missile launching automation.

• Thorium Reactors? SO MUCH YES. As much as I like the IC2 energy system this combined with converters might just become my new primary generator.