[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

Hiho ^^

Give it a way to change the Recipes back to normal IC2? (like the Solar Panels?)

MfG

New Rule from now on. Don't ask for Configs which are already there! Your Post is the last of that kind, which is tolerated by me.

V1.26b
    Fixed a few but not all Logs, added a use for Aluminiumingots (for Mixed Metal Ingots) and fixed a tiny Bug with my Machineblocks (no torches placeable on them)

I will now add the new Configexplanationset to the Wiki. Why didnt you follow the Information which says: "If i forget to add the new Configs, then bug me about that, unless someone else did it recently."? seriously that Config is massively outdated!

• Question, how do you actually use the UUM Assembler? I put a stack of UU in the IN slot, drew out the recipe for diamond, clicked it and it moved to the left in the blank area, but how do I actually get it to craft the diamond?

• Official Post

Question, how do you actually use the UUM Assembler? I put a stack of UU in the IN slot, drew out the recipe for diamond, clicked it and it moved to the left in the blank area, but how do I actually get it to craft the diamond?

Now you only need to apply 4608 EU to it, and then pull it out with an advanced Wooden Transportpipe (or better a Filter/Retriever, but RP isnt released yet). It's ment to be used with Retrievers, to make automated UUM-Factories much easier.

• GregoriousT, regarding TextureFX, I was updating my textures just like you were. I had a timer that would markBlockNeedsUpdate() every 5 ticks, letting the block cycle between 16 textures. However, markBlockNeedsUpdate() forces the world renderer to reload the entire chunk, and that generates quite a bit of lag. I would recommend using ModTextureAnimation, it's already included in cpw's FML and is EXTREMELY easy to use. It cycles between a vertical column of textures, and you can add a custom update rate in the constructor.

Here's a link to my 'TextureAnimatedFX:' https://github.com/aidancbrady…nt/TextureAnimatedFX.java

Just register it in the ClientProxy with TextureFXManager.instance().addAnimation(new TextureSomethingFX(params));

Notice in my code I bind the texture with GL11. Each instance of your TextureFX must have a custom iconIndex, and the texture you put in GL11 should be your 256x256 terrain sprite sheet. Just make sure the custom iconIndex isn't used by any other blocks.

Parameters for ModTextureAnimation:

Code
    super(index /*iconIndex*/, 1 /*tile size, 1=16x16*/, texture /*String of texture path*/, TextureFXManager.instance().loadImageFromTexturePack(FMLClientHandler.instance().getClient().renderEngine, texture) /*BufferedImage*/, 5 /*update rate*/);

Pretty simple, and it reduces lag. Also, now your computer block won't change textures whenever a block is placed!

-aidancbrady

• Hello, I hope you don't mind but I made a mod spotlight on it. :P

Video

I hope I didn't fail too much...

• Official Post

Watched the Video and liked it, just to let my 2 random subscribers know about it, lol. :D
    I copied the link because you were unregistered. (and unregistered Posts usually get deleted randomly)

TextureFX will be used in near future, but not for the Computercube as its supposed to randomly flicker on Blockupdate.

mistaqur made a NEI-Plugin-Prototype.

• 1st of all I really like the vid you did there RampantPanda, liked it as it was awesome
    2nd: Greg, does it really make sense to use HV-transformers for the Lightning Rod recipe? I don't think it does because you have to make them anyways.
    3rd: Do fusion coils have to be so dang expensive and you need 24 (HAYO!!!)? I would make them a bit cheaper, because making them the legit way is a pain in the arse and everything else.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• A TextureFx (like TextureAnimatedFX) would indeed be best to put on the Centrifuge. You will mark one of the indicies as the animated one, and you can use any of the other 'frames' as the off state easily, they are quite simple to use once you see.

As for the fusion taking 24 of those, if anything I would say make the ring larger and take more of them as this is a powerful tool and it needs to be costly; it should be quite an achievement to finally get one. Legit building of such high technology, as it stands right now, can still be done very quickly, especially on a server where people work together, such as on mine.

Loving the mod so far, especially that solar is more expensive. With RP2 the water mill is also rather overpowered, I do not suppose any recipe change for it might be in order? Perhaps instead of taking wood it takes iron blades or so? It is just far too easy to pump out 128 of them with a single RP2 retreiver or Factorization Relay to get 256 EU/t early-game for example, especially since you get 2 per generator. Perhaps a better recipe would be some sort of motor (generator I guess) in the center surrounded by iron blades for a standard rotary type water mill, only returning one as well? Plus as water mills are right now the windgen outdoes them for 'vanilla IC2' usage anyway.

As for the end-game energy sinks those were just examples. We just need *something(s)* that eat far too much energy for us to generate without multiple fusions, for example. For proper balance IC2 really should have gone the way of, say, energy being very limited, machines can run on less just be less efficient, and the more energy then the more efficient they become. Energy should be a limited/time-constrained resource, as it is it is fully unlimited within a surprisingly short period of time, thus making it so you can just tech up quickly, within a few days with little effort, and within one real life day if you really try. It should be mostly simple to get at Tier1, Tier2 should require decent infrastructure to be able to power the Tier2 machines at any decent amount of efficiency, Tier3 should require substantial infrastructure and high technology that requires Tier2 to create, and so on and so forth. A higher tier should not obsolete a lower tier, but should in fact make it more efficient, and you should require the lower tier's technology to even be able to produce the higher tier, and without substantial power generation of the tier below you should not be able to run the next higher tier, and even then it will be at very low efficiency, then at average efficiency with that own tier's power, then at high efficiency with the next higher tier's power generation. The highest tiers such as 4, 5, and even higher, should require *massive* investment to not only create but even to just maintain it. On a server only a few people should be able to even achieve the highest tiers within a month with vast cooporation, such technology would encourage land wars, trade, and a great growth of ecosystem. It could become quite an expansive and impressive mod if it was just 're-tiered' and rebalanced, and this mod could definitely help that. :)

• Please stop debating about irridium tool as a pickaxe. For the love of God. Super expensive material, used to craft end-tech equipment, and it shoul be used to craft a hoe? It sounds riddiculus.... Make tools, but expensive, using EU as fuel, and not enchantable (this is IC2, a techmod, why enchantments, why do magic stuff?). Would like to see a drill with speed od diamont, and would actually drill a 3x3 area. Something like that would be nice. Microwave drill could be named. Could have two modes. 1x1 mining, and 3x3 mining. Switchable. Diamond Drill would be used in crafting recipe, with irridium, and some lapotron(as a energy buffor), advanced circuits(complex tool). One use in 1x1 would cost 300 EU, one use in 3x3 would cost something like 1000 EU. That would be a tool that I would like to see in IC2.

I was suggesting Iridium Tools for enchanting, and it I simply can't understand your argueing. Okay, IC tools that are electric has to be unenchantable. But what do you think about Bronze Tools ? They are from IC², and enchantable.
    And as for your brilliant suggestion (this was sarcastic, of course), I've a few criticism:
    1: I've already suggested a better than Diamond Drill tool, and because I said it wouldn't have losses (even rare extra loots), I said it had to be nerfed by consuming something (I spoke about Water cells + Gravel/Sand/Iron Dust)
    2: If you really just want to get something better than Diamond Drill, try Mining Laser. I suggested the mine because it was without losses, but as you said it now, your one is OP.
    3: 300 EU for 1 block, so 1000 for 3*3=9 ? Did you realized it was just stupid. To be balance, it would have to be more like: 1*1 : 500 EU. 3*3: more than 9*500, for example 6 000 EU.

And I guess an advanced tool, if planned, has not to be suggested if there's nothing particular in the suggestion, because Greg could easlily have thought about it.

NB: I flamed you a bit, next time don't start your sentence by criticizing myself without having thought about what I suggested, it will be better for us too ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• You don't get 2 EU/t from one Water Mill since 1.101 or 1.102 if you thought like that. It was very nice to have that before though. I used to make a 256 Water Plant and get High Voltage output to run the mass fab on pure EU.
    Fusion Coils in SSP are nearly Impossibru, they take so much stuff, but everything will get fixed as soon as EE3 and EE2 get updated, then I will have something to hoard out on.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Does anyone know how the new nuclear reactor components from this addon work (Plutonium and the other one that I'm forgetting), because I am going to go nuclear and I want to know what the EU/t output and the duration for both of the new fuels.
    GregoriusT: You might want to have that information in one of the spoilers at the beginning of the topic.

So, as a recap, I want to know the EU/t and duration of the fuels, as well as the boosts of having two of the cells next to each-other. :thumbup:

How do I change the "Tree Cutter" to "Nuclear Maniac" under my username? :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: Uranium

• You don't get 2 EU/t from one Water Mill since 1.101 or 1.102 if you thought like that. It was very nice to have that before though. I used to make a 256 Water Plant and get High Voltage output to run the mass fab on pure EU.
    Fusion Coils in SSP are nearly Impossibru, they take so much stuff, but everything will get fixed as soon as EE3 and EE2 get updated, then I will have something to hoard out on.

Ah, about time, very cool. Personally I do not see how they take buckets of water anyway, they should not. ;)

• Ah, about time, very cool. Personally I do not see how they take buckets of water anyway, they should not. ;)

Eh, it's Minecraft. I don't tend to question the physics of a game with floating blocks and magical red dust that never runs out of energy.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Please save us from hungry eating boots lol. 7200 I think it was power for just one jump up and land LOL Please oh please save us :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• /* snip */

I was speaking to xcompwiz about what storm flag might be missing in mystcraft for lightning rods to work in mystcraft worlds, he is unsure as he sets the necessary weather variable. Lightning for lightning storms and lightning by itself, storms for storms and lightning storms, both for both. He asks what is missing to let lightningrods work in an expected manner for pure lightning (no storm though) ages and for any other age there are issues with. You can talk to him on the espernet irc (if he is not around ask one of the devs in #Direwolf20, or Direwolf himself and he can connect you), or I can relay it if that is easier.