[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I have legitimately gotten everything built here is my bugs/opinions on the mod.

1. Can't make a mass fabricator with the current version legitimately!!! NEI does not work with whatever you made the new recipe and it is not the default one from IC2

2. Solar arrays require ridiculous requirements took about 20 hours to find everything required to make the main things just to make one regular solar array which you need 512 of to have 1 HV...obviously way to ridiculous I believe the main issue here is the industrial centrifuge this also makes it impossible to have a 100% automatic factory for solar arrays which I can do with IC2 it is of course a MASSIVE factory already but gregtech makes it impossible :( On top of that you are making a blast furnace just to be able to make it as well. You basically need everything in the game already just to make an industrial centrifuge and you are doing it with a geothermal generator because it's all you got until you get to this point...

3. NEI get's completely over written with gregtech and losses a TON of recipes from the other mods, it looks like gregtech is actually trying to completely make his own way to IC2 instead of it just being an "addon"

There is a lot of perfection/tweaking that needs to be done so this works with everything else. The worst part is, got all the way to the point of making a mass fabricator legitimately after all this time and there is no recipe and the default one does not exist what's the new recipe? is it even possible? it's not in the recipe list provided on the forum...

• 3. NEI get's completely over written with gregtech and losses a TON of recipes from the other mods, it looks like gregtech is actually trying to completely make his own way to IC2 instead of it just being an "addon"

What other mods? This is the only thing that is a bug on your list

Other than that, What is it about a CONFIG FILE that people don't understand? If you don't want the new recipes with this addon, just don't use them, is that really so hard? Greg is not attempting "to completely make his own way to IC2", if he was, the config file (you know, the thing that lets you turn off literally everything in his addon) would not exist

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

What other mods? This is the only thing that is a bug on your list

Other than that, What is it about a CONFIG FILE that people don't understand? If you don't want the new recipes with this addon, just don't use them, is that really so hard? Greg is not attempting "to completely make his own way to IC2", if he was, the config file (you know, the thing that lets you turn off literally everything in his addon) would not exist

It is not that they don't understand, it is that they don't read stuff. People just want to play and keep ignoring important stuff like the config file or install instructions or something else.

GregoriusT : Don't know if it is a bug or a feature but Quantum suit rechage (when standing nearby Charge-o-mats and charging inside it) are different for parts. Legs and Boots charges two times faster than Chestplate and Helmet. Every charge-o-mat pulse discharge/charge QuantumHelmet/Chest 2560 EU and 5000 EU for legs and boots...

It seems i can use Charge-o-mats as a discharge trap... [Make a floor of charge-o-mats with Personal safe or trade-o-mat above it] It decharges stuff in about 15 seconds!

• I have to say, this is a rather all-encompassing mod that looks like it's going to be an amazing amount of fun to use. However, I have run into a slight issue with it.

That issue is, well, you're way too fast to update! That might not sound like a huge problem, but I'm actually featuring your mod as one of the mods I'm using in a Youtube LP series that I'm doing at the moment, and I've provided a MultiMC4 configuration file for my viewers to use so that they can download any worlds I upload for them along the way, so that they can poke around my creations and see how they work, or just play along with me and see how our methods differ. However, these configuration files are very reliant on having exactly the same version of the mod, and GregTech has updated 4 times in the last 2 days...making my viewers and myself a bit frustrated.

I realize I'm breaking protocol here, but I have given my viewers a Mediafire link to the 1.31b version of your mod. I really dislike stepping on your toes like this, and if you request it I will remove it immediately, but if I could make a request, please keep an archive of old versions of your files from here on so that those of us who use MultiMC to share configurations with our friends or audience don't have to update the configuration download every time there's a version update?

Other than that, I'm loving what your mod adds to IC2 so far, although I was a little shocked to find out the macerator recipe had changed (although it's more fair if you ask me!) Keep up the good work, and please, let me know if you'd rather I remove the Mediafire link...I do it not out of disrespect, but out of necessity.

• Official Post

As for reaching better than Tier IV techs, I would like to see a way of simulating the cost of researches: You would need for crafting Tier V Laboratory (work as a crafting table but running on EU and used to craft Tier V products) a Hard Disk containing Tier V Datas.

As soon as my electric Craftingbench is finished (when i start the work on it, lol)

by trading with NPEs.

NPEs? I hate NPEs. Why should i trade with NullpointerExceptions?

hey greg ever thought of adding a 32 x 32 texture for you mod? i have old faithful pack and the only mod that doesn't have support is yours. it would be awesome so see it in higher res =).

As long as i dont have to do that myself. Why not?

I have legitimately gotten everything built here is my bugs/opinions on the mod.

So how did you get the Massfabricator? You said everything...

1. Can't make a mass fabricator with the current version legitimately!!! NEI does not work with whatever you made the new recipe and it is not the default one from IC2

Try the Matterfabricator.

2. Solar arrays require ridiculous requirements took about 20 hours to find everything required to make the main things just to make one regular solar array which you need 512 of to have 1 HV...obviously way to ridiculous I believe the main issue here is the industrial centrifuge this also makes it impossible to have a 100% automatic factory for solar arrays which I can do with IC2 it is of course a MASSIVE factory already but gregtech makes it impossible :( On top of that you are making a blast furnace just to be able to make it as well. You basically need everything in the game already just to make an industrial centrifuge and you are doing it with a geothermal generator because it's all you got until you get to this point...

1st Solararrays are OP
    2nd You can turn that Recipe OFF
    3rd It is NOT impossible to make an autocrafting Factory for Solarpanels. Its actually very easy to automate the Centrifuge.

3. NEI get's completely over written with gregtech and losses a TON of recipes from the other mods, it looks like gregtech is actually trying to completely make his own way to IC2 instead of it just being an "addon"

Lol, i don't overwrite NEI. I just DELETE unbalanced Recipes (mostly configurable), and replace them with better Recipes.

There is a lot of perfection/tweaking that needs to be done so this works with everything else. The worst part is, got all the way to the point of making a mass fabricator legitimately after all this time and there is no recipe and the default one does not exist what's the new recipe? is it even possible? it's not in the recipe list provided on the forum...

It IS provided in the Recipelist on the Wiki, which is linked in the Forum. And i'm thinking about every Feature before adding/removing Stuff.

GregoriusT : Don't know if it is a bug or a feature but Quantum suit rechage (when standing nearby Charge-o-mats and charging inside it) are different for parts. Legs and Boots charges two times faster than Chestplate and Helmet. Every charge-o-mat pulse discharge/charge QuantumHelmet/Chest 2560 EU and 5000 EU for legs and boots...

Fixed in next Version.

It seems i can use Charge-o-mats as a discharge trap... [Make a floor of charge-o-mats with Personal safe or trade-o-mat above it] It decharges stuff in about 15 seconds!

I'm surprised, that it took so long for anyone to realize that. :D

That issue is, well, you're way too fast to update! That might not sound like a huge problem, but I'm actually featuring your mod as one of the mods I'm using in a Youtube LP series that I'm doing at the moment, and I've provided a MultiMC4 configuration file for my viewers to use so that they can download any worlds I upload for them along the way, so that they can poke around my creations and see how they work, or just play along with me and see how our methods differ. However, these configuration files are very reliant on having exactly the same version of the mod, and GregTech has updated 4 times in the last 2 days...making my viewers and myself a bit frustrated.

You could give them older Configs, thats no Problem for my Addon. They then just have to play with Defaultsettings instead of yours.

I realize I'm breaking protocol here, but I have given my viewers a Mediafire link to the 1.31b version of your mod. I really dislike stepping on your toes like this, and if you request it I will remove it immediately, but if I could make a request, please keep an archive of old versions of your files from here on so that those of us who use MultiMC to share configurations with our friends or audience don't have to update the configuration download every time there's a version update?

That link is no Problem for me. As long as you dont make a very large commercial Modpack, and its just for your Viewers. ^^

• Selling GregTech Download only $5 a download :P

Frig I'm to addicted to this mod though we had to loosen up some the recipes as most people overall kind of QQued the fun is still there and its still a challenging mod and even more since I keep starting over since I love to :)

I have a slight IDEA.... EXP Storage and before you say FUCK OFF Kane I don't want it done by levels but by EXP so people can't dupe levels say dump their levels every 10 into it so it does not scale and withdraw 30 lol.. Why do I want this? Well to gain 30 levels in mining is about 30min run and easy as hell.. If you have trouble maintaining 30 levels easily then you need to get the fuck off Minecraft <3

But I would enjoy the mini game of actually storing the EXP to maybe show off maybe even use it for something else in the future? I don't know but I think it would be just fun to literately store it and brag about hey I got 2000 levels stored.

Am I crazy? Maybe but I need more little side things to do rather then it always be mining or crafting I like to see a bit more in life like gathering exp for just fun or gathering bees and extra it just be one of them fun things...

PS: I think selling and trading exp is cheap especially to new players. I think all EXP should be stored sort of like how the ender chest / dimensional storage is :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• EXP-Storage = Denied due to being too Magic.

Normally i use the EXP for getting Forutne-III Picks, which i can then use with my Rockcutter (or the accidently gotten SilkTouch-Pick) to harvest even more Resources.

Magical? Did I not tell you about the recent Neural Advancements recently? This new implant that is given at birth has a new sync option ;)

• Hey Greg, do you think it would be good to have this addon in the FTB modpack (Not the clusterfuck modpack)?

• I don't know why I don't like FTB to much. I guess because its end up in some kind of private club of so called elitists and ugh :P Sorry I'm supper bias against the public type packs. People should meet their own needs and not that of a pack.

• Great mod, I love it, and so does this guy

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• I like to think of myself as being a uranium miner. Of what I have seen, most people usually skip uranium if they ever see it at the starting of the game because its too soon to think about nuclear energy, but I mine it and say "AWWWWW YEAH". Uranium is my ranium. :D

But if i have to, i'm willing to.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

Edited once, last by CrafterofMany ().

• Hey Greg, do you think it would be good to have this addon in the FTB modpack (Not the clusterfuck modpack)?

It's funny because at first I thought it was in the FTB modpack, I saw Greg's lightning and got excited, but upon a reread, it seems that it was Greg's lighting instead.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• So I was simulating a nuke on the wonderful computer cube, (quad uraium cell top left, three iriduim reflectors, rest of space core heat vents if it matters) (gregtech 1.28a, not up to date I know, but I usually update in little waves.... comeon, mystcraft!), and.... it exploded. Well, I assume it exploded, nothing else in my base would have, my friend was standing a few feet away, no creepers seen or heard, and it peeled away cobble like tissue paper, so unless a charged creeper snuck up on me... Nothing else was really running that should explode: While I have forestry/buildcraft, only madmen use combustion engines.

So, any ideas/ Can it explode while simulating a nuke? Note I am not saying this *has* to be the computercube, just that it really seemed like it, and nothing else makes any sense.

• So, any ideas/ Can it explode while simulating a nuke? Note I am not saying this *has* to be the computercube, just that it really seemed like it, and nothing else makes any sense.

Well it will explode upon an MV or higher packet hitting it, is it possible that one of these went into it, what was your friend doing at the time?

• One question: How many EU are needed to create one Iridium Ore out of Tungsten via the FusionReactor ? I hope less than 200 000, because I would prefer run MassFab on scrap than FR on Tungsten if the second cost more EU. (You should also add something to the config MassFab/MatterFab: changing the energy needed for creating Iridium Ore via Fusion Reactor)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!