[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Lol. I just launched MC (updated Forestry) and saw this message:
    Forestry may have been modified by GregTech. It may behave unexpectedly and some config options may not work. Do not report problems with this install!

Greg, you may want to contact Sengir about what you modified (the bronze recipe, for example)

• When does the centrifuge do a block update, Greg? I'm planning on making a thing where when a centrifuge is done processing, it signals me and I can put more stuff in.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Crash report.

Happens when I even look at my UUM Assembler in my test world.

• Official Post

When does the centrifuge do a block update, Greg? I'm planning on making a thing where when a centrifuge is done processing, it signals me and I can put more stuff in.

It does Blockupdates when its placed and when its broken.
    @UUM-Assembler: Fixed in next Version.

@Forestry: OK, I just detect its Recipe and then decide about the Centifuge, in next Version.

• Official Post

V2.54c:
    Some Tweaks.
    A Message, when you play this Addon the first Time.
    Capelists now a bit better updated.
    Added Ashes. Its basically a replacement for Slag. Did you know that Foretry doesnt use the Oredict for making Fertilizer out of Ashes?
    Adjusted the Bronze-Problem a bit.

Edit: Sengir, you should detect the changes and not the one who changes it. The only Forestrything I modified WAS the Bronze Recipe, but now that this change is not in place, the Version should not detect the change at all. I thought you could detect it better.

• When does the centrifuge do a block update, Greg? I'm planning on making a thing where when a centrifuge is done processing, it signals me and I can put more stuff in.

Won't detector cable work in this case? However some BC gates conditions could be really useful for machines.

• Using V2.54b I think I found a tiny bug:
    Namely when I placed industrial grinder to the multiblock thingy but have it facing the wrong way it doesn't detect the casing. When I rotated it with a wrench it still doesn't. Only way to make it detect it is to break and re-place it facing the right direction.

Same thing happened with blast furnace, I don't yet have the other multiblock structures so I haven't tested those.

• Official Post

Using V2.54b I think I found a tiny bug:
    Namely when I placed industrial grinder to the multiblock thingy but have it facing the wrong way it doesn't detect the casing. When I rotated it with a wrench it still doesn't. Only way to make it detect it is to break and re-place it facing the right direction.

Same thing happened with blast furnace, I don't yet have the other multiblock structures so I haven't tested those.

Yup, that's a Bug. I will add an Update Event to the Rotation Code.

• Does this mod nerf the amount of wood scaffolds given for the recipe from 16 to 4? I have a fairly extensive modpack for 1.4.5 and I cannot find out which mod is causing this (disabling 50 mods 1 at a time is not practical). I cannot find a config option for this in gregtech or a lot of other mod configs that fit the bill. If it is gregtech that is doing this, I would find that annoying since the purpose of scaffolds in the first place is that they are cheaper than planks to make but follow a set of physics rules. If this isn't the culprit and someone knows what is causing this, please let me know.

• Official Post

Does this mod nerf the amount of wood scaffolds given for the recipe from 16 to 4? I have a fairly extensive modpack for 1.4.5 and I cannot find out which mod is causing this (disabling 50 mods 1 at a time is not practical). I cannot find a config option for this in gregtech or a lot of other mod configs that fit the bill. If it is gregtech that is doing this, I would find that annoying since the purpose of scaffolds in the first place is that they are cheaper than planks to make but follow a set of physics rules. If this isn't the culprit and someone knows what is causing this, please let me know.

Yes, I was that. Scaffolds burn for ways too much EU in a Generator, thats why I nerfed them (as nobody can change burnability to lower Values).

• Official Post

Does this mod nerf the amount of wood scaffolds given for the recipe from 16 to 4? I have a fairly extensive modpack for 1.4.5 and I cannot find out which mod is causing this (disabling 50 mods 1 at a time is not practical). I cannot find a config option for this in gregtech or a lot of other mod configs that fit the bill. If it is gregtech that is doing this, I would find that annoying since the purpose of scaffolds in the first place is that they are cheaper than planks to make but follow a set of physics rules. If this isn't the culprit and someone knows what is causing this, please let me know.

Yes, it DOES nerf scaffold. As people could use them for a massive energy gain on generators.
    Edit: Greg ninja'd me =\
    Edit2: About capes (again) , donators get the cape called "GregTech Cape" [The G on the back is white], and you have the one called "Gregorius Cape" [The G on the back is yellow]
    I wish i could have special cape (related to windengineering and GT "support"), would that be asking too much =D ?

• An easy solution to the problem with people that use this mod and don't want the balance changes it adds would to package the balance changes separately. Therefore hardcore gregtech loyalists could have the balance changes that it adds that make ic2 "hardcore", and for the ones who want to play ic2 the way albaka designed it but want the items gregtech adds could have their way as well. I am aware that people say "well why don't you just not use the mod", the new things the mod adds are good but a lot of people believe greg has no right to go past mod cross compatibility and simply rewrite how parts of other mods work, and I myself am starting to see evidence of some of the changes greg is adding are not optional (scaffolds?).

This part is addressed directly to you Greg. This unnecessary conflict has raged on for much too long. You need to man up and do something to resolve this. This flame war cannot be allowed to go on because you don't agree with the careful balance albaka and the other developers of industrial craft 2 have created with their mod. If you have any shred of decency you will work to help resolve this conflict in a way that makes everyone happy.

• Official Post

An easy solution to the problem with people that use this mod and don't want the balance changes it adds would to package the balance changes separately. Therefore hardcore gregtech loyalists could have the balance changes that it adds that make ic2 "hardcore", and for the ones who want to play ic2 the way albaka designed it but want the items gregtech adds could have their way as well. I am aware that people say "well why don't you just not use the mod", the new things the mod adds are good but a lot of people believe greg has no right to go past mod cross compatibility and simply rewrite how parts of other mods work, and I myself am starting to see evidence of some of the changes greg is adding are not optional (scaffolds?).

This part is addressed directly to you Greg. This unnecessary conflict has raged on for much too long. You need to man up and do something to resolve this. This flame war cannot be allowed to go on because you don't agree with the careful balance albaka and the other developers of industrial craft 2 have created with their mod. If you have any shred of decency you will work to help resolve this conflict in a way that makes everyone happy.

As far as i can remember all "nerfes" can be disabled by config, and if it doesnt have a config, greg will be happy to add one.
    Greg doesnt mess up with balance in my opinion, he makes the game more difficult, a challenge, that lots of players like.
    Without these "nerfes" you could reach end-game in a couple hours if you are smart enough to mess around with mods.

• Yes, it DOES nerf scaffold. As people could use them for a massive energy gain on generators.
    Edit: Greg ninja'd me =\
    Edit2: About capes (again) , donators get the cape called "GregTech Cape" [The G on the back is white], and you have the one called "Gregorius Cape" [The G on the back is yellow]
    I wish i could have special cape (related to windengineering and GT "support"), would that be asking too much =D ?

Greg could have done a much better way of fixing this without ruining scaffolds entire purpose, just make them not burn in any furnace. He instead makes scaffolds completely impractical and ruins their usefulness by making them more expensive than wood planks. And he forgot to add a config option like he always does. He is not listed as an actual developer of ic2, he isn't part of the group that codes it. Its starting to look like greg wants this flame war over his addon to continue, he is always making changes that are obviously (and possibly intentionally) controversial. The last thing anyone needs is someone fueling a flame war that has lasted this long and gotten this severe. If he wants changes to ic2, suggest them to the ic2 devs, don't change a popular addon to fit your own personal desires? Is this really too much to ask?

• This flame war cannot be allowed to go on because you don't agree with the careful balance albaka and the other developers of industrial craft 2 have created with their mod.

You can not be serious when saying this.

If I were greg I'd just add config options to those changes. If people don't like it they can turn it off manually.

• Official Post

Greg could have done a much better way of fixing this without ruining scaffolds entire purpose, just make them not burn in any furnace. He instead makes scaffolds completely impractical and ruins their usefulness by making them more expensive than wood planks. And he forgot to add a config option like he always does. He is not listed as an actual developer of ic2, he isn't part of the group that codes it. Its starting to look like greg wants this flame war over his addon to continue, he is always making changes that are obviously (and possibly intentionally) controversial. The last thing anyone needs is someone fueling a flame war that has lasted this long and gotten this severe. If he wants changes to ic2, suggest them to the ic2 devs, don't change a popular addon to fit your own personal desires? Is this really too much to ask?

I like his addon due these "nerfes"/changes to ic2 and other mods. Probably many other people do like it. If you don't, just don't use his addon or ask for config to disable that nerf you don't want. Greg will be happy to that config.

• You can not be serious when saying this.

If I were greg I'd just add config options to those changes. If people don't like it they can turn it off manually.

He didn't add a config for scaffold nerf, he chose the option that would cause more controversy than making it not burn, and made it forced. Are you too blind to see the trend of constant new things for people to argue over? Every second i think about this my belief that greg is fueling his own personal flame war gets stronger. The evidence is just so clear. Every time the flame war dies down, he ends up doing something that lights it back up. Im not trying to start a new war, I just want this thing to be over with and that will only happen if greg gets involved himself and starts giving us answers. If he continues to stay on the sidelines and doesn't help, then he will prove my point.

• Official Post

He didn't add a config for scaffold nerf, he chose the option that would cause more controversy than making it not burn, and made it forced.

Its the third time i'm writing this : HE WILL ADD A CONFIG FOR EVERY NERF IF YOU ASK HIM!
    You could also suggest changing the way he nerfes scaffold. Like you said , instead of reducing amount, making it not burnable.
    No one is perfect, he may have not tought about this way of nerfing.

• Its the third time i'm writing this : HE WILL ADD A CONFIG FOR EVERY NERF IF YOU ASK HIM!
    You could also suggest changing the way he nerfes scaffold. Like you said , instead of reducing amount, making it not burnable.
    No one is perfect, he may have not tought about this way of nerfing.

This doesn't change the fact that the current version lacks a config for yet another one of his nerfs. This is a shared mod, not just his. I shouldn't have to ask for his permission to make it optional to disable his nerfs on ic2. They should all start with config options as soon as they are added. Ideally though, he should not decide whats best for something that a lot of people use and isn't even his to begin with. But that just happens to be my opinion in this massive, unnecessary, and infuriating conflict. Someone with power in this situation MUST do something to try and resolve it. This is just getting crazy.

I may be on "team no nerfs", but above all, I really just want a solution to this that makes everyone happy, which isn't an impossible feat.
    Can we all at least agree on that?

• Official Post

This doesn't change the fact that the current version lacks a config for yet another one of his nerfs. This is a shared mod, not just his. I shouldn't have to ask for his permission to make it optional to disable his nerfs on ic2. They should all start with config options as soon as they are added. Ideally though, he should not decide whats best for something that a lot of people use and isn't even his to begin with. But that just happens to be my opinion in this massive, unnecessary, and infuriating conflict. Someone with power in this situation MUST do something to try and resolve it. This is just getting crazy.

I may be on "team no nerfs", but above all, I really just want a solution to this that makes everyone happy, which isn't an impossible feat.
    Can we all at least agree on that?

He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf, he usually adds has a config to all nerfes he makes, he updates so quickly you shouldn't mind asking him.
    He is the owner of the mod and has the power to decide what is in it, if you don't like it, just don't use it.
    If you don't like the fact he doesn't add configs at time he releases a nerf, just stop using it. Configs are added just because of people like you.
    I seriously wouldnt mind playing on "Hard" mode, with all nerfes and stuff like that, it makes the game much more fun as you don't "beat" it in a day or two.
    I don't know why, but i can't see any conflict here. Greg has his addon, IC2 devs has IC2 itself. Nobody is obligated to use his addon nor any modpack which has it.

Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.