[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I'm at a loss as to why this setup doesn't work. Each boiler has 12 connections (if I remember correctly, each connection should put out 80/t, easily surpassing the 720/t production) running into 2 large pipes (720/960). Each set of 2 pipes runs into a single machine box, which pumps into a final machine box, which pumps into the hatch. All of the machine boxes are powered and have pump modules applied to the appropriate face. In theory, this setup should be providing the boiler with about 2100/t of steam, but the turbine still stutters and doesn't receive enough steam.

• Don't machine blocks only output 1000 L/tick, therefor if you're pumping from one into one interface you're only giving it 1000 L/tick?

I wasn't aware of that limitation, but that would definitely make sense for the trouble I've been having.

Edit: The issue seems to persist with 3 machine boxes feeding 3 input hatches (with 2 large steel pipes per machine box).

Edit 2: I'm fairly sure at this point that the issue lies with how I'm getting the steam from the boilers. I replaced the machine boxes with 3 quantum tanks and they were able to pump a backlog of steam into the turbine fast enough to run it but once the surplus was gone it stopped working, so I'm just not getting enough steam into the system. Is anyone here more experienced with railcraft boilers that could point me toward a solution?

• Don't machine blocks only output 1000 L/tick, therefor if you're pumping from one into one interface you're only giving it 1000 L/tick?

Is anyone here more experienced with railcraft boilers that could point me toward a solution?

It could be a problem w gregtech pipes and steam routing in pipes like it was w item pipes and hoppers. Try to isolate pipes as much as possible and make 4-5 separate pipes go in 1 box.

• Why not go all out and have a 10k L per tick

All of this liters talk is messing with my brain.
    Why not just millibuckets?

• Just to mention it, I plan to add two other Tiers of Pipes, which can handle 720 L/tick and 960 L/tick.

Could you please also add hard routing mode for liquid pipes (like iron ones from buildcraft)

• Why not go all out and have a 10k L per tick

That is far too overpowered for one Pipe.

All of this liters talk is messing with my brain.
    Why not just millibuckets?

Because the Metric System is the only one which is used on the World. There is no other thing what could be called a System *looks at those strange measurement thingies like miles, pounds, yards or gallons*.

• How about massive 2x2 wide Industrial Fluid Pipes for moving massive amounts of liquids? Add on a Pipe Cap for each end with a High-Pressure Valve Pipe in between the cap and the target block/machine/tank to get it into a 1x1 input slot. Improperly built pipes pour out steam particles where they fail and lose any liquids/gasses piped into them.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• I recently returned to MC and decided to give GT a full go, but NEI isn't being very helpful with displaying the altered recipes for some items. When I press "r" I either get a blank crafting grid with the output of the item or nothing at all. It is all together possible that some items might be IC^2 itself, but I do know the RE battery recipe is one of the altered and when I try to pull the recipe up, nothing happens at all. I also tried doing the Generator (I could be wrong) and it only showed a recipe that involved advanced machine blocks or steel hulls (both of which, would be really hard to acquire on a new world). The crop item (name might be off, but the two sticks used in farming) shows up as a blank recipe.

So far that is the only ones I have seen. I am using whatever the lastest download from this thread for GT and IC^2 version of 1.118.401-lf with the latest Forge build.
    In addition I also have the following mods/addons:
    IC^2 Addons:
    Nuclear Control - 1.6.2b
    Advanced Machines - 1.6.2
    Advanced Power Management - 1.2.85-IC-1.118
    Advanced Solar Panels - 3.3.8

Mods:
    Forestry 2.3.0.1
    Railcraft 8.0.0.0
    ComputerCraft 1.56
    Aether II 1.6.2 version
    Applied Energistics rv-13-b
    Buildcraft 4.0.2
    ForgeMultiPart 1.0.0.153
    FrogCraft - lastest from thread
    Optifine HD_U_B5
    idfix 1.6.2-1.1.0
    mystcraft 0.10.6.00
    Steves Carts 2.0.0 build 132
    PlayercoreAPI - Unknown version (pre-req for Aether II)
    Threadedlighting - Unknown version (pre-req for Aether II)
    CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.5
    NEI 1.6.1.3
    InvTweaks 1.56-b77
    bspkrsCore 3.03
    TreeCapitator 1.6.2r04 *Not working and possibly blocked by GT mod?*
    Rei Minimap 3.4_01

• Not needed, with Covers you can already do that. You can do tons of things using my Covers, just try it out.

but you can't do things like water only in the orange pipe and lava only in the red pipe if the middle one is a pipe for both (not at the same time but still)? Or like the diamond pipe to route specific items only to the orange colored pipe and other things to the red colored pipe? Sorry if I'm wrong I tried a lot with them ;P

• Or like the diamond pipe to route specific items only to the orange colored pipe and other things to the red colored pipe?

Electric item sorters was in GT be4 piping.

• You want to run Water and Lava on the SAME Pipe? Doesn't that create Obsidian or something?

Another Question: How do you NOT know what Liquids are going to be pumped into a Pipe?

• IC^2 version of 1.118.401-lf

That's your problem. The non-experimental version of IC2 is pretty much abandoned and wasn't updated when NEI was. Get the experimental from forum headers but note that there are tons of changes and e-net behaves somewhat differently and far more explodey.

• Anyone know if Biomes O Plenty if I disable vanilla Ocean if I will be screwed? I want to generate a lot more land then normal!

EDIT: So what I'm asking is what will I be missing without the Oceans? Don't forget GregTech has lots other stuff in other biomes but I want to make sure I'm not fucking myself :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kane Hart ().

• Anyone know if Biomes O Plenty if I disable vanilla Ocean if I will be screwed? I want to generate a lot more land then normal!

EDIT: So what I'm asking is what will I be missing without the Oceans? Don't forget GregTech has lots other stuff in other biomes but I want to make sure I'm not fucking myself :P

BoP Oceans are great, super deep and not actually that big with a boat. But still, you won't be missing much. Railcraft Abysall stone perhaps?

• GT ores that spawn in oceans also spawn in rivers.
    Railcraft has geodes in oceans that contain extra diamonds/emeralds/lapis and possibly other things.
    BC oil ocean biomes will be gone. The desert ones are so rare they might as well not exist at all, especially when you'll likely not have many vanilla deserts.

Other than that nothing of importance should be gone.