[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

Effectively yes, that line says that there is a 10% chance that it will do the calculations for a lightning strike if it is raining, but its a little more completed then that:

Code
    if (!worldObj.isThundering()&&yCoord+rodvalue<128) rodvalue=0;

This basically says that the top of the lightning Rod has to be higher then 128 blocks high in order for there to be a chance that lightning will strike when it is just raining, beyond that the probability remains the same.

Good to know, I was under the impression that it ONLY happened in lightning storms.

Now Forestry lets us manipulate the rain...

Oh god! Here come the perpetuum machines!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I just hate the rain so much though :P

Edit: Just thought I should mention, Powercrystals now does the nether ores mod again so you might wanna just check and make sure there is full compatibility with it as it now adds a few extra ores.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…s-and-more/#entry20092612

Im just installing to see how it handles currently.

Edit: Most things work fairly well, but there is no handling of nether lead ore.

• Greg will probably :P use this and also make the end even easier :(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• If i was going for a larger server I probably wouldn't be using nether ores and would be disabling Cooperite generation in the end.
    But it feels very nice with 2-3 people currently. After the first stack or so of Iridium plates things ease up with green gen farms and whatnot.
    Most of my iridium still comes from overworld mining.

I do feel that water mills could use a buff for both their passive and manned power, they are no where near what a wind farm can produce or even a solar farm.
    The best unmanned setup of water is 0.25EU/t at an optimal setup per unit, meaning 4 per EU/t
    They just feel... sad

• If i was going for a larger server I probably wouldn't be using nether ores and would be disabling Cooperite generation in the end.
    But it feels very nice with 2-3 people currently. After the first stack or so of Iridium plates things ease up with green gen farms and whatnot.
    Most of my iridium still comes from overworld mining.

I do feel that water mills could use a buff for both their passive and manned power, they are no where near what a wind farm can produce or even a solar farm.
    The best unmanned setup of water is 0.25EU/t at an optimal setup per unit, meaning 4 per EU/t
    They just feel... sad

My problem right now though is if I remove sheldonite generation in the end they will setup 200+ if not more geothermals in the nether. These are people who try to abuse everything as much as possible like run 32 turtles 24/7 or try run several quarries and so on.. It's hard being a server admin and have some kind of order :(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Hehe i know that feeling, I dont use turtles, was a decision that made some people not too happy but its resulted in a better feel on the server, same for no thermal expansion (Different reasons, too long to go into here)

On my server I dont think i have seen anyone use a geothermal in the nether, there is a really heavy emphasis on nuclear and green energy. What I do have in the nether now are shitloads of centrifuge stations processing lava into tin/copper/gold/silver/tungsten.
    Best use of lava on a mass scale, 40000 lava blocks makes alot of materials, really saves costs on those circuits and diamond use from glass fiber cable.

I do also have a quarry world (Just a flat-world Plains with no ore increasing modifiers, quarries are allowed to go wild there. none in the overworld.

• Max-size lightning rods average about 70 eu/t overall, not accounting for thunderstorms, if it rains about 2/39 of the time
    (2/39 = average rain time / (average rain time + average not-rain time))

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• I would love for there to be a lower teir version of the quantum chest (Not factorization barrels, I really do not want to install that) but a replacement for a 64x64 stacker. I use 5 chests for my quarry system to siphon off select items and 1 for my UU matter crafting system

• Frankly, I think the quantum chest is completely useless. I can imagine no circumstance where I would want to spend that much to have a massive storage for anything. The interdimensional barrels from factorization are plenty for any purpose. I think they could be more useful if they were able to store items that are normally unstackable, as long as their damage value/metadata are the same. speaking of useless items, the rockcutter is pretty useless now as well. especially with the new enchanted books. It is much easier and cheaper to just use an enchanted diamond pickaxe, which also does not have the disadvantage of being as slow as a wooden pick. Considering how late in the tech tree it is now as opposed to when it was first implemented, I think it needs to have its speed boosted to at least that of the standard mining drill.

• This might be a random place to post this but I don’t know where else to put it. does any one here know of a public server using gregtech? single player gets boring after a bit

Send me a PM if you want, we are running a whitelist server with gregtech on hard mode.

• I would also love to see a few extra uses for lead other than reactor plating and batteries.

I am thinking lead paint as an alternative for flax seeds in rp2 paint cans
    Using lead dust as a replacement for pipe waterproof on buildcraft pipes
    Lead dust as a replacement for redstone in basic circuts (solder)
    A Lead Condensor for nuclear reactors (Based loosely off a lead cooled fast reactor setup)

Could also be used as an additive to fuel for that smoother running engine and extra environmental damage

• Frankly, I think the quantum chest is completely useless. I can imagine no circumstance where I would want to spend that much to have a massive storage for anything. The interdimensional barrels from factorization are plenty for any purpose. I think they could be more useful if they were able to store items that are normally unstackable, as long as their damage value/metadata are the same. speaking of useless items, the rockcutter is pretty useless now as well. especially with the new enchanted books. It is much easier and cheaper to just use an enchanted diamond pickaxe, which also does not have the disadvantage of being as slow as a wooden pick. Considering how late in the tech tree it is now as opposed to when it was first implemented, I think it needs to have its speed boosted to at least that of the standard mining drill.

Nope I still use quantum chest to contain the bazillion amount of oak woods from 3 forestry farms, the upgraded barrel is simply not enough.. and I agree with rockcutter it's pretty useless compared to silktouch gemstone/diamond pickaxe...

EDIT, BUG: At the latest ver, both Electric and Advanced Translocator are broken, they can only extract the first slot..

• Official Post

I would also love to see a few extra uses for lead other than reactor plating and batteries.

I am thinking lead paint as an alternative for flax seeds in rp2 paint cans
    Using lead dust as a replacement for pipe waterproof on buildcraft pipes
    Lead dust as a replacement for redstone in basic circuts (solder)
    A Lead Condensor for nuclear reactors (Based loosely off a lead cooled fast reactor setup)

Could also be used as an additive to fuel for that smoother running engine and extra environmental damage

Paint Cans => Not for now.
    Liquiducts use Lead already, and they are added by the Mod, which adds the most Lead to the World. No need to add this to BC.
    Could be possible, I'll consider it.
    Dunno if I add that.
    Extra Environmental Damage? How? Should the Diesel Generator Explode? :P But its already planned.

Nope I still use quantum chest to contain the bazillion amount of oak woods from 3 forestry farms, the upgraded barrel is simply not enough.. and I agree with rockcutter it's pretty useless compared to silktouch gemstone/diamond pickaxe...

EDIT, BUG: At the latest ver, both Electric and Advanced Translocator are broken, they can only extract the first slot..

It was already reported on the previous Page. I will fix it, when I'm not sitting in front of an iCrap.

• I have been thinking about external liquid cooling for reactor vents similar to a build-craft combustion engine.
    A block that is able to be added to the outside of a reactor that directly drops or maintains the hull temperature of the reactor it is attached to using coolant such as ICE/Water/Coolant

Before anyone comes along with the "Coolant needs to be hot" line again, in a reactor you have

Reaction > Really hot coolant loop > Steam generation (Which gets sent off to turbines and cooled)

However if that steam generation loop is not sufficient to cool a reactor there are other things that are in place to help cool should the need arise. These coolant methods are not the closed loop that runs inside the reactor, and seeing as the reactor is completely enclosed (produces steam and has cooling vents) It is safe to assume it is not a 100% accurate to life simulation, thus allowing for external piped coolant to be used in order to maintain hull integrity.

I also know this description is stupidly oversimplified but I noticed you have plans for your freezer and reactor cooling and thought that idea might have legs.

• Si cells... oh boy looks like someone wants his solar panels bad :D

Damn straight I want, but I'm missing Electronic Circuits and I have just a bit over a stack of Si Plates :)

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Damn straight I want, but I'm missing Electronic Circuits and I have just a bit over a stack of Si Plates :)

I have 3 and a half stacks of Si Plates spare, but that probably has something to do with the fact I'm using Advance Solars rather then Compact Solars, I find Compact Solars to be way to expensive for what the are. I consider Advance Solars a bit more balanced as it requires higher technology to make rather then just a huge amount of more basic materials. So the only thing I really use Si for now is Advance Circuits.

Speaking of circuits, with RP now up to date I run out of Redstone very quickly (probably thanks to Metallurge messing with its spawning, I run too many mods) but it would be nice to have some sort of alternate to using Redstone in circuits.

:) Skid :)
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

• Paint Cans => Not for now.
    Liquiducts use Lead already, and they are added by the Mod, which adds the most Lead to the World. No need to add this to BC.
    Could be possible, I'll consider it.
    Dunno if I add that.
    Extra Environmental Damage? How? Should the Diesel Generator Explode? :P But its already planned.

Environmental Damage? Pollution? Now there's an idea worthy of a GregTech invention. Let me expand on an idea for how environmental pollution could work for a moment...

Almost all "messy" machines could output pollution. Basically most IC2, BuildCraft, RailCraft and even some Forestry machines could output pollution over a period of time and at a rate in relation to how they work. With coal-using machines outputting higher values (Vanilla Furnace, Iron Furnace, RC Boilers, BC Steam Engines, generators, etc...) and most electric machines outputting very low or no pollution.
    Pollution from machines is not an actual block (to save people's clients from frying), however, it has a direct effect on the sky in the chunk where the machines that produce the pollution are situated, starting at the center of each chunk as a grouping of semi-transparent gray blocks at Y:256, with long-use of machines in that area slowly increasing the spread of pollution from that starting point in the allocated chunks of 2x2x1 and expanding to 4x4x1, then expanding again when the pollution value reaches the next level to 6x6x1.
    The method repeats until it reaches the border of the chunk, and spreads into the next chunk (if it can. To a limit of 9x9 chunks around the original source chunk.) repeating with the same pattern while also applying a second layer below the first in the primary chunk(s), Expanding 1 layer at a time it reduces the light level slightly and at a depth of 10 blocks (max: 16) acts as a solid obstruction to the sky in that chunk, preventing the use of Solar Panels or Forestry Bees in the immediate area and increasing the rate of lightning stikes during a thunder storm.
    At a pollution depth of 14 blocks, the light level is low enough to spawn monsters. In addition, entities will take a small amount of damage from (acid) rain with pollution that heavy.

An interesting reason to use Green Energy. This could also be a reason to add new blocks and machine upgrades to filter pollution and even retrieve waste chemicals from the toxic smog from overusing machines with a set of new machines that can reduce pollution levels and produce CO2 cells and any other cell that's suitable. New tools like a CO2 Meter for checking pollution levels of the air (if outside) or gas density if your machines are in a confined space. Air Ducts for letting gases out of said confined spaces. (btw, if your machines are in a confined space with no access to air, the roof fills with Smog Blocks which will cause you to "drown" (You get the air bubble meter as if underwater) if your head is put in them (could also have it cause the Nausea status effect).

Just an idea though...

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• Skid you can normally use Electrum in circuts as a replacement for redstone, the result is more circuts as well.