[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• But seriously, Don't use Solars. The heavy metals used are shit for the environment, and all they do is make everyone else pay a little more tax so you can get a reward for using "renewables".

One word: solar tower. Well, technically, two words.

• One word: solar tower. Well, technically, two words.

Not in Germany: Solartower.

After a couple hours of work, I finally have made my Steam Turbine and Thermal Boiler set up function correctly! Thank you Malevolence and r00teniy for the tips. Current set up for anyone curious.

Inefficient. The Outputs of the Thermal Boilers are one Block too far away from the inputs of the Steam Turbine. A Drain Cover installed before building the Thermal Boilers, set to import Mode would have been sufficient, and would have saved the Machine Boxes.

The only location where you would have needed a Machine Box in 1.5 (1.6 has large Pipes for it), is the Lava Input, and that just because it consumes Lava quite fast.

• Aren't solar panels are really indirect but still nonrenewable power since they stop working after 20 to 30 years? And the fact that they don't pay back the power required to even make them from mines to finish panels off the conveyors?

Actually , solars pay back the power used in some years, with some high efficiency ones paying in less than one year.
    All energy sources are non renewable if you treat them like that. Wind blades deteriorates over time, Ocean Turbines deteriorates even faster (salty water).

Edit : Electrobot and Kane, all GT bugs that are easy to find like those tech problems were reported dozens of times :D

• Actually , solars pay back the power used in some years, with some high efficiency ones paying in less than one year.
    All energy sources are non renewable if you treat them like that. Wind blades deteriorates over time, Ocean Turbines deteriorates even faster (salty water).

Not a cat and a piece of buttered toast though. The cat must land on its feet while the toast must land butter side down. Thus is keeps spinning above the floor forever. World energy crisis solved.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Inefficient. The Outputs of the Thermal Boilers are one Block too far away from the inputs of the Steam Turbine. A Drain Cover installed before building the Thermal Boilers, set to import Mode would have been sufficient, and would have saved the Machine Boxes.

The only location where you would have needed a Machine Box in 1.5 (1.6 has large Pipes for it), is the Lava Input, and that just because it consumes Lava quite fast.

Well I never saw you say anything when I asked for help setting it up earlier :pinch:

It all works just fine however; everything is always filled and the turbine doesn't stutter at all.

• @greg Greg, Why do you think Germany is the 7th most polluting country in the world ;p Just because you have a large amount of "renewables" such as Solars (Which pollute A LOT when being made anyway) doesn't mean you get to burn the dirtiest coal available ;p

• Stupid question. But how can you tell versions of GT? I try and figure out when he updates but all his files are just named GT. =( I feel like Im missing so much with GT. Cant find version numbers, ingame I cant do stuff with grinded silver/uranium, he's changed everything so everything I know from 1.5.2 is out the door. Uugu. I have stacks or ores Ive mined up and Im sorta just... building wooden stuff cause Im so @.@

• Stupid question. But how can you tell versions of GT? I try and figure out when he updates but all his files are just named GT. =( I feel like Im missing so much with GT. Cant find version numbers, ingame I cant do stuff with grinded silver/uranium, he's changed everything so everything I know from 1.5.2 is out the door. Uugu. I have stacks or ores Ive mined up and Im sorta just... building wooden stuff cause Im so @.@

Just go into the mods page from your main screen and scroll til you find the GregTech one. It will have the version number next to it. That or look it up in the mod list of whatever launcher you use (unless you're going from vanilla).

• Greg: you mention a crash in the Modular Powersuits thread I think I'm running into, you also mention fixing it. How the heck do i implement the fix? (I'm still on 1.5.2 btw, not that I could use powersuits with 1.6).

• Just go into the mods page from your main screen and scroll til you find the GregTech one. It will have the version number next to it. That or look it up in the mod list of whatever launcher you use (unless you're going from vanilla).

You can also open the gregtechmod.zip file, then open mcmod.info and the version is in there. (It's essentially the same as going into the mods list on the main screen, but without having to actually start minecraft)

• You can also open the gregtechmod.zip file, then open mcmod.info and the version is in there. (It's essentially the same as going into the mods list on the main screen, but without having to actually start minecraft)

But no way to tell directly from here? Im guessing he atleast posits when he updates? Or is it a matter of checking back, downloading and praying?

Also, I may be late, but are a lot of items not supposed to have recipes? Besides the silver/uranium ores I see for a steam powered forge hammer that iron machine hull doesnt have a recipe. Which makes me think Ima just keep running into potential items that just have no way of being crafted?

• Also, I may be late, but are a lot of items not supposed to have recipes? Besides the silver/uranium ores I see for a steam powered forge hammer that iron machine hull doesnt have a recipe. Which makes me think Ima just keep running into potential items that just have no way of being crafted?

Missing NEI support, just that. They are developing their mods first (IC² and GregTech), so it may have to wait a bit more.
    Some Nuclear components (from GT) are not functional, because they are going to be reworked.

• Missing NEI support, just that. They are developing their mods first (IC² and GregTech), so it may have to wait a bit more.
    Some Nuclear components (from GT) are not functional, because they are going to be reworked.

Oh. So if an item has a counter recipe. Aka something has bronze and iron versions. If I dont see iron in NEI, I could just assume its the same as the bronze version only with iron? Hrm. Wish I found more GT books in the world. I know none of this steam crap. But I crafted a hammer, I made some stuff. I crafted a file. Made more stuff. I manually grinded with my quartz grinder. I feel like a badass now. Bring fusion reactors, totally ready for them now.

• But no way to tell directly from here? Im guessing he atleast posits when he updates? Or is it a matter of checking back, downloading and praying?

Every time Greg updates the mod, within the next 15 minutes or so he makes a post with a new version number and a brief changelog. Like this:

V4.03d:
    Fixed some things.
    Improved Material Code.

You can check the version on your end by opening the gregtechmod.zip file, and opening the mcmod.info file (Notepad works for that even).

Greg does not include version numbers in his file names, to make it easier to update things. (Since the file always has the same name, it's a simple copy+paste.)

• Greg, PLEASE can you consider adding GT Books that aren't plain Vanilla books but like ThaumCraft, Ars Magica and (dare I say it), Tinkers' Construct.
    That way you can show pictures and have them auto update with recipes and documentation.

• Engineers Manual, perhaps its actually an Electronic Tablet with an auto updating pdf. Instead of finding books in dungeons you find "lost data chips" which you right click with or something and learn it, you can then see it on your Engineering tablet. No one else can see it. Personal learning :d

• Engineers Manual, perhaps its actually an Electronic Tablet with an auto updating pdf. Instead of finding books in dungeons you find "lost data chips" which you right click with or something and learn it, you can then see it on your Engineering tablet. No one else can see it. Personal learning :d

You could share with others if you decide to make a digital copy, using the data orb.

• Greg could then add a researching system for the entire thign where you test metals and tools and wieght and chemicals and temperature and stuff, THEN it will actually be a science mod. Currently its just Engineering.

That is a good idea. Except that it won't solve the problem of dungeon chests overflowing with chips.
    I don't really like the idea of finding them in chests, maybe you find blank chips and you craft them with a machine block for example to get a basic machines guide.

• Greg could spawn his own industrial ruins (made of CF or anything not OP) which contains random machinery (mostly wires and broken machines [iron machine blocks]) and some chests holding those chips.

Another side would be having ALL those chips being sold by a GregTech Villager, as mentioned before.