[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like nuclear power a lot, so i can tell you some hints.
    1) All components work as written in wiki (heat vents etc)
    2) MOX depends on core heat = more heat = more energy
    3) MOX is for 10 000 seconds, Uranium for 20 000 ! This is very important, because the sum of heat is 2x bigger (which already caused some melting on our server, because we did not know that)
    4) You can safely do 2x2 twin MOX design with 360k coolant cells around ,which are surrounded by component heat vents - no core heat changes , so good for MOX - it runs 10k seconds, generate 150M EU, 320K heat for each of 8 360k coolant cells - safe :)
    5) Be aware to not cross 85% core heat! Reactor melts his own chambers to lava then and.....some bad stuff can happen
    6) reactorplanner is not kinda working for our versions and needs;( ;(;(;( so testing on creative singleplayer would be crucial
    7) one full wall (with corners of course) of reinforced stone will cover up any explosion (I set explosion range to 20 blocks to get better security - but it won´t decrease energy of explosion, just it will stop on max range 20), however I use red or black stone bricks in second layer to get full safety. Only red/black bricks are NEARLY safe, but will evaporate at explosion and blocks around are not fully safe. However, two layers are good enough
    8) Coolant cells can be cooled down via Vacuum freezer
    and so on :)

• Hey greg ! I've just found a bug ,but I don't know it's a Bug of IC or GT.The bug happens after i check the use of the wood planks with NEI.There will be only one kind of wood plank which you checked can be used to craft items.

No, you have the problem. Wooden stairs and slabs can only use one type of wooden plank (since there are multiple plank types).

• What's the point of vacuum freezer coolant recycling if you can use a FREE,but a bit slow cooling reactor?
    I did some simple stuff with AE fuzzy I/O buses and a level emitter,and I have a TOTALLY AUTOMATIC system with a reactor and a cooling reactor that makes a bit of power.I'm planning on making the cooling system into a 1-rod reactor since some overclocked vents aren't used.

• What's the point of vacuum freezer coolant recycling if you can use a FREE,but a bit slow cooling reactor?

The original point of vacuum freezer was never for the cooling cells ut for metal processing. Being able to cool cells is just a bonus.

• How exactly do i go to the nether? It reqires steel/blazes to get there.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• please add a portable tesseract

They are already portable if you didn't notice. Here is how to:

Make a Tesseract Generator at your Base and supply it with enough Power. Dont forget the Frequency.
    Now take a Tesseract Terminal and put a Conveyor Cover ontop of it and set it to Import Mode.
    Now wrench the Terminal and take it with you, also take a Chest with you or enough Wood to craft one on the go.
    Then place the Terminal, select the Frequency and place the Chest ontop of it, and bling, you have a way to transport things back to your Base.

How exactly do i go to the nether? It reqires steel/blazes to get there.

Fire doesn't require anything, not even Lava to incinerate Wood, just wait until a Lightning Strike hits your Portal. Also you can't fool me with a new Profile Pic, you are on this Forum for long enough to know that burning Wood is a good Way to start a Portal, and also, that Steel doesn't require the Nether or Dungeon Loot at all, we aren't Railcraft, where we need Magma Cream for Steel.

• They are already portable if you didn't notice. Here is how to:

Make a Tesseract Generator at your Base and supply it with enough Power. Dont forget the Frequency.
    Now take a Tesseract Terminal and put a Conveyor Cover ontop of it and set it to Import Mode.
    Now wrench the Terminal and take it with you, also take a Chest with you or enough Wood to craft one on the go.
    Then place the Terminal, select the Frequency and place the Chest ontop of it, and bling, you have a way to transport things back to your Base.

How it works with loaded/unloaded chunks? Is it safe that way to send home to some sorting/pipe system, when no chunks will be loaded at that place? Is it chunkloader?

• You'd have to use another mod's chunkloader. There are EU powered chunkloaders from Network Anchor, if you're bored of chickenchunks and can't bother with railcraft enderpearlfuel.

• ah ok thx....We have buildcraft so not cheap, but good chunkloaders are (nonworking) quarries:) just not every begginer can have them :)
    BTW. about quarry....all gears I can craft GT way, except diamond gear, which still have to be crafted BC way :/

• Hello, Greg.
    I am running what seems to be the newest version of your mod - 4.08p. Now, there seems to be a little problem there, regarding crafting Red Alloy Ingots. They can only be made in an Alloy Smelter, which requires Circuits to make. Those Circuits require Red Alloy Plates in order to make them, which makes crafting pretty much anything impossible. I've looked through all the recipes for making Red Alloy Ingots and Dust in NEI, and the only way to make Red Alloy is as described earlier. Could you fix it?

PS. I also tried using Project Red's Ingots to make Red Alloy Plates, but they don't work with the Hammer recipe.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vtec234 ().

• @above: bronze age , check info on GT wiki at my sig.

Also greg you should change the NEI names or something to have the bronze age equivalent shown aswell.

Found it, thanks. I think there needs to be a NEI recipe list similar to the Alloy Smelter list, just for the Bronze Smelter.

• My automatic recyclers are bugging out. They seem to recycle very slowly at times and not at all sometimes. They're like stuttering. I have 2 overclockers in them and they get 512 EU/tick each. Both have a 1m storage upgrade in them so i dont know whats wrong. Any help?

• Just a heads up: the new CustomOreGen (1.0.22) dramatically speeds up loading time when the ore dictionary is large, like with Gregtech. So PFAA+Gregtech should start up a lot faster.

• It should output 4x8192 without any troubles.
    Yes, all mods versions must match on client and server.

the current transformers output is 1x not longer 4x because of packets (eu/p) don't exsist anymore.

• Just a heads up: the new CustomOreGen (1.0.22) dramatically speeds up loading time when the ore dictionary is large, like with Gregtech. So PFAA+Gregtech should start up a lot faster.

Dose this include the world load time?

What exactly lagged at CustomOreGen? Because I hope they didn't remove the OreDict Register Events, on which I rely for my Recipes.

• Oh yeah, I should have known that. Oops.

V4.08q:
    Added Aluminium Scoops which DO work in Adventure Mode. Seriously, I did it the normal vanilla Way as I explained it to him a while ago and it works perfectly, I don't know what problems Sengir has with just adding support for Adventure Mode. It's one thing if he doesn't care about Adventure Mode (as in the MC1.6-1.7 Adventure Mode), but plain out lying about having tried and failed to add that support to it is not a good Option.
    Fixed some Bugs.