[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• When it comes to coal ore, what exactly can i do in terms of getting a piece of coal back, besides just smelting it? Or is that the only way. I Pulverized a whole stack into crushed coal ore realizing its almost useless to me now because i though i would get a chance to get normal coal to turn into coal coke, but all i can make from it is dust. Is there a way to turn coal dust back into a piece of coal? Or am i just stuck with one piece of coal per ore?

I'm begging and bribing Greg to make coal dust compressible back into coal lumps.
    However, you CAN use coal dust in boilers, furnaces, etc. just like lumps. Only railcraft cares, for the purpose of making coal coke.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I'm begging and bribing Greg to make coal dust compressible back into coal lumps.
    However, you CAN use coal dust in boilers, furnaces, etc. just like lumps. Only railcraft cares, for the purpose of making coal coke.

yeah, i wish there was a way to do so. I hate losing out on coal by just smelting it right away, but i need coke at the same time. Eh, i guess ill have to have a coke/not coke coal pile. As soon as i find out whats wrong with my alloy smelter ill be all happy. :D It shows the exclamation mark thing and as far as i know it means no vent but i have nothing blocking the vent. I have three boilers feeding a small bronze pipe line to 5 machines, but only the macerator is running. the alloy smelter refuses to run. It IS an alpha so...

Edit: turns out i just needed bigger pipes. Doh! lol Great work so far greg! Cant wait to see whats new.

• Sirius, the only thing I can think of is that you are missing the two end brackets... hard to tell on my phone

But then it wouldn't recognize it as a resource pack. It recognizes it, just doesn't use the textures.

• As soon as i find out whats wrong with my alloy smelter ill be all happy. :D It shows the exclamation mark thing and as far as i know it means no vent but i have nothing blocking the vent. I have three boilers feeding a small bronze pipe line to 5 machines, but only the macerator is running. the alloy smelter refuses to run. It IS an alpha so...

Edit: turns out i just needed bigger pipes. Doh! lol Great work so far greg! Cant wait to see whats new.

I found another way: disable steam smelter with rubber hammer, wait until it's buffer fills up, then enable it again.

Another issue: basic extruder does not make (tin) plates for me. Also tested in creative. Scanner shows that there is enough EU. The same issue with advanced extruder (MV). I tried to input a stack of tin ingots and an extruder shape for plates into extruders.

• @Bug Report: Using the latest IC2 and GT alpha for 1.7.2. I have a alloy smelter hooked up to a small coal boiler via small bronze fluid pipe. I was smelting bronze when the alloy smelter ran out of steam and puts up the out of steam red !. It dumps all the steam that it had and only pulls in the little new steam produced by the boiler and alloy smelter immediately tried to complete the recipe and is out of steam again. I tried breaking the bronze pipe and allow the small coal boiler to fill up to almost the top (when boiler tops, some steam is dumped) and I reconnect the pipe. The alloy smelter immediately tried to do the recipe and gets half way through and runs out of steam. It repeats and gets almost all of the way but is just a tad short before it is out of steam. Now the alloy smelter is again out of steam immediately and never completes. It appears that the steam macerator and steam furnace both picks up if they run out of steam by the progress getting a bit further each time and they finally completes but the allow smelter never completes. While testing this only the alloy smelter was running. the other machines were disconnected.

Electric machines could use batteries to solve the issue but with steam there is no early game storage and the only option is to wrench the alloy smelter and loose the tin and copper that was used to make the bronze.

• @Bug Report: Using the latest IC2 and GT alpha for 1.7.2. I have a alloy smelter hooked up to a small coal boiler via small bronze fluid pipe. I was smelting bronze when the alloy smelter ran out of steam and puts up the out of steam red !. It dumps all the steam that it had and only pulls in the little new steam produced by the boiler and alloy smelter immediately tried to complete the recipe and is out of steam again. I tried breaking the bronze pipe and allow the small coal boiler to fill up to almost the top (when boiler tops, some steam is dumped) and I reconnect the pipe. The alloy smelter immediately tried to do the recipe and gets half way through and runs out of steam. It repeats and gets almost all of the way but is just a tad short before it is out of steam. Now the alloy smelter is again out of steam immediately and never completes. It appears that the steam macerator and steam furnace both picks up if they run out of steam by the progress getting a bit further each time and they finally completes but the allow smelter never completes. While testing this only the alloy smelter was running. the other machines were disconnected.

Electric machines could use batteries to solve the issue but with steam there is no early game storage and the only option is to wrench the alloy smelter and loose the tin and copper that was used to make the bronze.

Pipe is probably too small. If you're using the steel/high-pressure machines, then the boiler is also too small.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Use rubber hammer on steam smelter to disable it, wait until boiler is almost full of steam (that means smelter is also full), then reenable steam smelter. I has quite a large internal steam storage to complete operation.

• So what is the best alternative pickaxes to vanilla ones? Not even steel seems to last long enough. I ask because i have no idea if greg added his own picks or they are meant to suck until electric tools lol.

• Hi there,
    first I'd like to say: I am a big fan of the mod!

I am still playing on 1.6, so I'm sorry if this has been resolved in newer versions.

I noticed that the unification target is determined at start up, so it can change randomly (at least it has been doing that for me).
    I think this is kinda weird, unexpected behaviour, and it also results in incompatibilities with AE, because the mod doesn't understand it successfully crafted something if it gets a different oredict version of the result.

What do you think about setting the unification targets only once, e.g. when the configs etc. are created?

I know, I can set the individual unification targets in the config. But I think eliminating that randomness as a standard would makes sense anyway.

• More about extruder. It works. If it is advanced version. But basic extruder does not even start the same recipe (like making plates from ingots). Looks like there is minimum 128 EU/t requirement for extruder recipes, making basic extruder (32 EU/t machine) useless...

• Follow-up to yesterday's small ores bug: small ores now drop either Crushed Ore or Impure Dust, and sometimes drop Stone Dust or Impure Stone Dust. Assuming intended behavior has been restored.

So anyone who had complaints a while ago about not being able to get Stone Dust for C-Foam early...

• More about extruder. It works. If it is advanced version. But basic extruder does not even start the same recipe (like making plates from ingots). Looks like there is minimum 128 EU/t requirement for extruder recipes, making basic extruder (32 EU/t machine) useless...

Sorry you have the wrong Extruders for that Job. You need the 512EU/t 128EU/t Extruders for these tasks lower Voltages are only good for making Cells or doing Rubbery Stuff.

Follow-up to yesterday's small ores bug: small ores now drop either Crushed Ore or Impure Dust, and sometimes drop Stone Dust or Impure Stone Dust. Assuming intended behavior has been restored.

They should also drop a Gem Version of the Ore if available.

• Sorry you have the wrong Extruders for that Job. You need the 512EU/t Extruders for these tasks lower Voltages are only good for making Cells or doing Rubbery Stuff.

512EU/t extruder for metal plates? Then there is a bug, because 128EU/t extruder was able to make tin and steel plates (in creative; it's not possible in survival yet).

Such a high technology requirement (tier 3 extruder) for efficient production of metal plates looks quite interesting. Tier 2 extruder needs aluminum, which requires blast furnace, which does not exist yet. Tier 3 will have to wait then... But at the same time I will be able to run around with cells of water and lava even on Tier 1. That's good :)

• Wasn't here for a while, how "finished/ready" is GT 5.0 ATM? playable?

• Wasn't here for a while, how "finished/ready" is GT 5.0 ATM? playable?

Playable, except there are no multiblocks. That means no aluminum and you need Railcraft for steel. Basic machines exist, but only the first tier can be crafted (maybe not all - didn't check). Low efficiency steam generation from coal-like fuel, lava or sun, low efficiency steam to EU conversion. Meta tools (includes even plutonium as material). Even a very interesting bucket + impure redstone mechanic: time consuming and a good incentive to get industrial centrifuge (which is still not craftable, unfortunately). Overall, fun.

• question about power in 1.6.

Right now i have 3 semifluid generators hooked up to a row of GT machines, and 1 metal former. All lv. they are running on creosote oil.

I am looking at getting some BC Fuel and running them through the same 3 generators.. but i noticed that it says 'at 32 eu/t' in the tooltips.

So even though the generators are at low voltage, if i run 3 of them the machines will get 96 eu/t, and blow up?

Im told the solution is to put transformers in between every energy generation machine and the main machines as the transformers wont blow up, and only output 32 eu/t.

Is this correct? Im on a pretty tough gt server and if i blow up all my machines im going to rage quit. Im totally happy with stuff blowing up when i screw up, but if i lose a weeks worth of work because no one can seem to explain the power system correctly now, im going to lose it. lol.

The frustrating part is that im not sure you can just underpower machines to be on the safe side, with how GT machines will just suck power and not work if not properly powered. Do we just have to make transformers or battery storage to ensure the right power is going to a machine, on every machine?

• Greg, after failing continuously, do you think you could quickly mock up a working blank resource pack? No directory seems to work at all (I assume this is my fault, although it may be a bug on your behalf)