[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• You overlook Extra Utilities's ender quarry. It doesn't get the recipe nerf, yet only requires RF and some fences to run. The QED doesn't even make it any harder to craft, because it is only the mega OP landmarks for it that are made in the QED.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No it is not out of Alpha, we are at 5.00y meaning there is still one letter left, before I have to leave Alpha State.

And the BC Quarry Recipe is something left over from MC 1.3, where it just didn't make sense to have a Quarry running on a Pickaxe rather than a Drill. The Drill Recipe changes themselves were all made by Thunderdark, and made it indeed more tedious indirectly.

And I dont like Automated Mining in such a simple way. Place one Block and let it mine out Stuff is not good, you should at least place some Frames or something (100% Manually placed!) in order to build the Quarry. The RP Frame Quarries were the only ones which I liked, not even the AE ones are really good.

• Hi Greg.

The Kirara Server just updated to your new Version and our Base became laggy as hell. Since only GT was updated and invultri can confirm the lag, you should have a look at it.

You can find our base at +2600 +3300.

//Edit

It wasn't GT. There was a auto chicken farm next to our base.

• This post basically sums up Gregtech's entire public history.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• And I dont like Automated Mining in such a simple way. Place one Block and let it mine out Stuff is not good, you should at least place some Frames or something (100% Manually placed!) in order to build the Quarry. The RP Frame Quarries were the only ones which I liked, not even the AE ones are really good.

Ditto, that is why I always change recipes and tiering on my server to have better integration between GT and Calclavia's MFFS since it has a Force Field drive 'frame motor' system, or if you feed it unholy amounts of power and time then it can transport more than one block at a time, or if you feed it multiples of unholy amounts of power and time then it can transport a 'frame machine' between worlds at specific anchor points. It acts *very* similarly to RedPowers Frame system, need the inchworm drive and all.

• Is it intended that the flint sword sets things on fire?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Ditto, that is why I always change recipes and tiering on my server to have better integration between GT and Calclavia's MFFS since it has a Force Field drive 'frame motor' system, or if you feed it unholy amounts of power and time then it can transport more than one block at a time, or if you feed it multiples of unholy amounts of power and time then it can transport a 'frame machine' between worlds at specific anchor points. It acts *very* similarly to RedPowers Frame system, need the inchworm drive and all.

I remember back in 1.5 I built something like this, an MFFS mobile quarry platform. The real problem in building one is the energy consumed by the enormous force field below it running a Disintegration Module to actually quarry out the land.
    Wrecked ground like almost no other though.

• Should I disable IC2 ore gen completly for proper balance ?

Oh and there is some weird behavior with Enhanced Biomes installed. IC2 copper and tin spawns almost everywhere.
    Haven't tested any other biome mods yet.
    Just wanted to throw this out there.

• [/gregtech] That is what I call a win (Nexey was my really first MC name, while I was playing with a cracked version (WE ALL DID IT))
    Click here to see the best win of my entire life that I've been waiting over 16 years to accomplish !
    Hint : Look at the page.

EDIT : DOUBLE WIN I actually started a new page with this post again xD (But less epic than the post above, you'll see why when you click on it)

• yes

Your lack of realism disturbs me.

Everyone thumbs up for GT-TC integration :thumbup:

Edit: new recommended forge version. Has more ore dictionary stuff.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xbony2 ().

• I still won't use it.
    Anyone who would put that shit in in the first place convinces me their mod isn't worth the effort to try. (Plus I have, and it's not)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• yes

Cool. Its kind of fun to set sheep on fire with just a flint sword. I wonder if flint tools will eventually get the Ignis or Potentia aspect...

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• You overlook Extra Utilities's ender quarry. It doesn't get the recipe nerf, yet only requires RF and some fences to run. The QED doesn't even make it any harder to craft, because it is only the mega OP landmarks for it that are made in the QED.

Yeah my thought was, was the BC quarry changed because it was intended that GT be played alongside BC? But it appears not. Not sure what QED means?

Also did you see the ender quarry now has landmarks? Rumor is Direwolf complained to Tema? Sigh.

One thing i did like about the bc quarry is that if it gets backed up, you lose ores popping out, ender quarry just stops and waits. The huge holes meant you didnt want to just quarry outside your base, which brings along the issue of bringing stuff back to your base once quarried. You can build it underground, but then the robot makes you lose some resources. All minor sure, but it was something. The ender quarry is just 'set and forget'. boring.

No it is not out of Alpha, we are at 5.00y meaning there is still one letter left, before I have to leave Alpha State.

And the BC Quarry Recipe is something left over from MC 1.3, where it just didn't make sense to have a Quarry running on a Pickaxe rather than a Drill. The Drill Recipe changes themselves were all made by Thunderdark, and made it indeed more tedious indirectly.

And I dont like Automated Mining in such a simple way. Place one Block and let it mine out Stuff is not good, you should at least place some Frames or something (100% Manually placed!) in order to build the Quarry. The RP Frame Quarries were the only ones which I liked, not even the AE ones are really good.

It really seems that the land marks are the real issue. The original quarry was a lot more manual, more like the Miner. Its too bad someone let it work with the land marks. :/ No way to turn back now. That one change seems to have changed the game more than anything, as new offerings are all based off the bc quarry as the 'standard'. Oh well.

• Wow, holy shit we have all the "old" modders coming back. Only one left now... *cough*Alblaka*cough*...

I completely understand Elo's reasons though, they are the same reasons I haven't fully learned Java and my mod has been super WIP for over a year now... :P

• PRAISE HELIX

zorn The QED is a new (1.7) machine being added to Extra Utilities. It works pretty much like a BuildCraft Assembly Table, in that it has specific high-tech recipes only it can craft, and it is powered by nearby energy-emitting devices. (They're basically lasers, but there's some Extra Utilities-standard Ender witchery involved.)

• The RP Frame Quarries were the only ones which I liked, not even the AE ones are really good.

I once built a RP quarry that used BC miners, was 32 blocks wide and used the TE energy tesseracts/item teleportation.

Yes, it was a "little" OP.

As for Elo being "back", meh. There are tons of mods out there that do everything RP2 used to do only significantly better.

• Ditto. RP is my least favorite industrial mod of all time. MFR is second- too OP.

Quoted from "zorn":