[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Lol, me and getting overwhelmed with IRL Stuff? Nah, I can work on multiple things at once, even if it might be only Weekends, all in all I do this Mod for fun and not for anything else.

• Where's the best or reasonably good place to grow crops? Right now I'm trying it in a swamp at more or less sealevel. How high does it make sense to go with a greenhouse tower? Does height help at all?

• Where's the best or reasonably good place to grow crops? Right now I'm trying it in a swamp at more or less sealevel. How high does it make sense to go with a greenhouse tower? Does height help at all?

Swamp biome, 3 blocks of dirt below the farmland, height of 128+ and skylight. That is all you need for high stat crops (21 growth 31 gain 0-10 resistance).

• It is a bit hard to find and there is conflicting information. Partly due to most people playing old versions of IC2/GT I guess.

Its hard to find information on crops because the IC2 devs wanted you to experiment on your own.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Lol, me and getting overwhelmed with IRL Stuff? Nah, I can work on multiple things at once, even if it might be only Weekends, all in all I do this Mod for fun and not for anything else.

Ya that is like me, I cannot get too overwhelmed, I have been miserable and tired as hell but I have said fuck it and just continued playing. I have a lot of people who enjoy what I do (certainly less than you) and I will not let them down and pull and Eloraam. I always find night a good time to play.

• So cult of the Greg has spoken. I wonder if anyone else tried 1.7.10 and found out some crashes with cables (i used older version i think)?

I do not know if you read the topic, but the 1.7.10 version is currently unsupported due to ic2 changes. You'll have to wait.

• Hi. How to repair (restore durability) electrical tools? (eg drill) and how to get the template for the replicator?

1. Disassembler (or how is it called) breaks machines and tools into parts, with a 20%-100% success rate (applied to each part separately). Success rate depends on disassembler quality.
    2. Use scanner on a material you want to scan. Material will be consumed. Material must be simple, that is, a chemical element. It can be dust, ingot or even fluid.

I didn't check any of these answers in game - I remember them from reading this forum. So there may be errors.

• Quoted from "cpy"

So cult of the Greg has spoken. I wonder if anyone else tried 1.7.10 and found out some crashes with cables (i used older version i think)?
    I do not know if you read the topic, but the 1.7.10 version is currently unsupported due to ic2 changes. You'll have to wait.

So only nuclear reactor changed? :D

• Other bits of the API changed, EU went from being int to a double, which is why the Lapotron Crystal has an EU storage of 1.0E7

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Any reason why IC2 uses double instead of int?

Like Greg pointed out somewhere, you can't track small changes to your energy storage if your storage has large amounts of energy.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• I tried adding this as custom ore generation and I didn't find any chrome or chromite ore, any theory on this issue?
    ####################
    # chromite
    ####################

chromite {
    I:Density_30=30
    I:MaxHeight_90=90
    I:MinHeight_50=50
    B:Nether_false=false
    I:OrePrimaryLayer_24=24
    I:OreSecondaryLayer_24=24
    I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_24=24
    I:OreSporaticlyAround_24=24
    B:Overworld_false=false
    I:RandomWeight_80=80
    I:Size_40=40
    B:TheEnd_false=false
    }

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• AFAIK there's no Chrome or Chromite ore by default. However you can obtain chrome from ruby ore, ruby dust, and centrifuging redstone. I find this acceptable as you don't need too much chrome to get things going.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• You have the default values for nether, overworld, and end generation, which is false. If you change any of those lines to true, then it will generate in that demension.

B:Overworld_false=true Will generate in overworld
    B:Nether_false=true Will generate in nether
    B:End_false=true Will generate in the end

• I started editing a custom French gregtech.lang but before I continue, I have some hot questions about it:

Doing it with a text editor like I do now, will be excessively time consuming, error prone, with so much strings, redundancies, and a bit selfish.

Is there a recommended process, guidelines, common dev tools to handle it properly?

How are translations portable/stable across GregTech versions?

Are you opposed to handling a translation project to some place like https://crowdin.net/ , your concerns if any?

May I suggest/ask you add support for multiple locale files with client side selection/detection?
    It could be a config/gregtech/lang/LL_cc.locale with precedence for jar mod assets, ressources then config.
    For now, it is an on_off global switch on gregtech.lang in config root dir.

In the end, would you consider it premature to work with current gregtech.lang?

On one side, there are English illiterate French missing GregTech add-on.
    On the flip side, there are so much widely Illiterate kids, claiming a language barrier on using GregTech ;)

• My Problem with such Lang Files is that they are much harder to auto-generate. I won't go and write every single Text into a seperate File, that is impractical. I write my Localisation directly into the Code itself and let a File Generate from that (dynamically), meaning that Strings are only generated if they are needed (not to mention the hack of a lot of MetaItems).

• No but, seriously in 1.7.2 chrome ore, and chromite ore are blocks but, they don't generate at all, how would i go about getting them to generate. how would i go about doing this?

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!