[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I found an exploit. Electrolyzer recipe: 6 buckets of water + 3000 EU -> 4 buckets of hydrogen. (Too cheap in EU)

Also, lava centrifugation. Previously it was 8 lava buckets for 2 copper ingots, 1 tin ingot, 4 electrum nuggets and 1 tiny dust of tungsten. So 72 lava for full tungsten dust.
    Now it's just a 1.25% chance to get 1 tiny dust of tungsten dust from 1 bucket of lava, what equals 720 buckets of lava for full tungsten dust. Similar with other metals (copper, tin, gold, silver; tantalum is new).
    Is this nerf intentional?

• Kelvin is mostly used in science, which makes sense considering what type of mod GregTech is :). Also at 0K it's -273oC and everything is solid at 0K.

Not everything, helium is liquid at 0 K (as superfluid Helium II though) unless you raise the pressure up to 2.5 MPa.

GregTech is a science mod, so there shouldn't be any non-scientific measuring systems in GT (although one can argue that liters are technically not SI units).

It is simpler to code in Kelvin instead of Celsius too as there aren't any negative temperatures you have to account for and a minimum of zero makes more sense than -273.15 or -459.67.

• I found an exploit. Electrolyzer recipe: 6 buckets of water + 3000 EU -> 4 buckets of hydrogen. (Too cheap in EU)

You are right, fixed for next Version.

Also, lava centrifugation. Previously it was 8 lava buckets for 2 copper ingots, 1 tin ingot, 4 electrum nuggets and 1 tiny dust of tungsten. So 72 lava for full tungsten dust.
    Now it's just a 1.25% chance to get 1 tiny dust of tungsten dust from 1 bucket of lava, what equals 720 buckets of lava for full tungsten dust. Similar with other metals (copper, tin, gold, silver; tantalum is new).
    Is this nerf intentional?

Did you look at the amount of Lava used per Process? It clearly states 100 Liters and not 1000 Liters.

• Well, in this version of GT hydrogen is not very useful, because for now it can only be used for methane production, and since methane has been nerfed, needing more than 100000 to combine hydrogen with carbon, the yield is less than 100000 EU every 6 buckets of water, after all. Maybe fusion power is getting closer...? (that would explain the return of the plasma generator, in a NEI tab)

• at much as i like the concept of the fusion reactor, it's the farthest thing from ultimate automation, it takes like 300 machines just to get it automated and the output isn't even that spectacular for the amount of resources required just to make it work properly, in fact you can probably achieve a similar output using crappier machines with the amount of resources you spend on it

nerfing mfr was a request, i don't have down syndrome

and if there is a superior way to getting iridium then put it on the table, i can get approx 6-7 stacks of sheldonite(casually) over the course of 4 hours which is approximately 3 and a ~ stacks of iridium, more if i tryhard

but if there isn't, i'm not a fan of repeating myself so don't make me do it again

1. massive amount of world generation which causes lag and consumes enormous amounts of space just to get resources(over 10k in length multiplied by who knows what wide for a SINGLE person)
    2. you don't even need iridium past fusion reactor but the fusion reactor is the only thing that makes it

is that what you want your most efficient way to be

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blinzer ().

• and if there is a superior way to getting iridium then put it on the table, i can get approx 6-7 stacks of sheldonite(casually) over the course of 4 hours which is approximately 3 and a ~ stacks of iridium, more if i tryhard

You can't create iridium from sheldonite since 1.6. You can use the massfap, the fusion reactor, your mining laser and a few packs of batteries to go mining in explosive mod, or you can use the mining laser from MFR with white focus in it (it'll generate tons of iridium ores, making the fusion reactor recipe [Wolfarium + Something I forgot since I didn't play withGT in a while = Iridum] obsolete).

• Hello, does Greg have any plans on creating alternative nuclear reactor design? It can consume water and produce steam with rate which depends on core's temperature (similar to boiler mechanics). This will make so much sense.

I'm pretty sure the 1.7.10 builds of IC2 already did this.

• Would It be possible someone to create a guide for Gregtech 5(When it's fully done, ofcourse), which explains everything. Something simmiliar to the guide in the Gregtech 4 Wiki.

• So now fluid on pipes do change the temperature of the pipe and actualy afect players... well the first better protection is to stay away from it, second is to pour concrete aroud the pipe (CF on your stuff is very late greg) , third would be use a hazmat suit when you want to mess with it... i could say more, but dont want to give him more nasty ideias. I do favor the heat to be celsius, at least an option on config to change, AE allow us to see diferent types of metric.

the last updates have changed alot how gregtech is handle, i did not like most of them , but the gamble we have now is the worst, on some cases make things very grindy, on kirara because of PFAA ,we have pitchblade instead of uranium ore, that means i need to gamble uranium dust just make the first fuel rod, also for that i need Hv centrifuge.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• I'm trying to run a server with IC2 & gregtech atm, gregtech is asking for version 484 of IC2.

However I cant seem to get NEI to work with that version of IC2, does anyone know which version of NEI I should use?

Thanks