[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• There's nothing called "Advanced Machine Casing" in Gregtech any more is there? And there won't be in the future either? It'll be much easier wiki wise to overright the Gregtech 4 page, than have 2 pages, one for IC2 and one for Gregtech.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Is there some way to automate the Alloy Smelter with the molds... like 8 steal + mold (gear) to create a steel gear.

want to insert the mold when asking for a steel gear and then remove the mold when it is finished so that the machine can be used for other recipes.

• This was true for the 1.6.4 versions of Gregtech. In the 1.7 versions, ore spawning is biome-independent.

It was crystal clear that his guy was playing GregTech 1.6 for me. But thanks sherlock for putting random science here.

• IC2->GT energy conversion don't work after upgrade to 1.7.10. All blows up when I connect ic2 CESU or BatBox to GC Low Voltage transformer. I tried versions 485, 566, 580 IC2 and versions 5.03g (1.7.10), 5.03h GT.
    In the 1.7.2 version it works normal.

• IC2->GT energy conversion don't work after upgrade to 1.7.10. All blows up when I connect ic2 CESU or BatBox to GC Low Voltage transformer. I tried versions 485, 566, 580 IC2 and versions 5.03g (1.7.10), 5.03h GT.

Have you tried bigger transformer? Something tells me, that CESU is 128V and lo voltage is 32V :P Try HV transformer and then we will see

Exactly same here

• Using 1.7.10 test version, as well as a bunch of other mods (possibly relevant: NEI and Walia?), I get the following crahs when using right-click to interact with iron plates in any way (at least in a crafting table): Dragging out a few, right clicking them to place, etc. Due to odd luck with ores, I am pretty sure that at the very least berylium does not cause this problem.

http://openeye.openmods.info/c…e6808445573b10d423600587f

Edit: Splitting up iron plates into stacks of one and just left-click dropping them into the craft gui crashes the client. I would consider that a pretty critical progression breaking bug. I will see if I can workaround with FZ's pocket craft table, though.

Edit 2: Setting up iron plates in the right side of your inventory and then opening the FZ craft interface will crash the entire server, not just your client (although the client survives just fine)

• Try using version 556 of IC2. IC2 changed something about how it handled fluids and that's why.

That would suggest the problem is in revisions 566, 568 (allows cells to be used like buckets), 572, or 573. Going back to 556 would completely invalidate everything I'm working on now, so I'll just have to wait until GT gets fixed, *again*. :whistling:

• That's the bug with non-electric items being treated as electric, the IC2 crafting API trying to get their stored EU values, and failing.
    ... I thought that got fixed
    What version of IC2 are you on? (Because it's purely an IC2-GT interaction bug, not NEI or WAILA.)

• That's the bug with non-electric items being treated as electric, the IC2 crafting API trying to get their stored EU values, and failing.
    ... I thought that got fixed
    What version of IC2 are you on? (Because it's purely an IC2-GT interaction bug, not NEI or WAILA.)

The very last one not August 4th, aka 556

• Is there any workaround for the 'GT requires Thaumcraft if Railcraft is installed' bug?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• Have you tried bigger transformer? Something tells me, that CESU is 128V and lo voltage is 32V :P Try HV transformer and then we will see

I tried CESU and BatBox. And in the 1.7.2 it works with CESU.

• Since there is no TC for 1.7.10, try coping this section of the 1.7.2 config file (recipes.cfg), while setting everything to false:
    This section is right before the "rock crushing" section.

• It's been a while since concrete was released, but I just found out that every single mob happily swims in concrete. It would be cool if creepers woulndn't bug in it and explode randomly...

Seriously speaking, Greg, I don't know if you are aware of it but mobs seem to ignore some times concrete blocks clipping in them...

Edit: If you could add concrete slabs and stairs too, that'd be great.

The post was edited 1 time, last by uwotm8 ().

• Since there is no TC for 1.7.10, try coping this section of the 1.7.2 config file (recipes.cfg), while setting everything to false:
    This section is right before the "rock crushing" section.

It seems this worked! Thanks a ton. =3

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Glad it worked :3

Note that this method also very likely works for the 1.7.2 version, so you don't need to install TC to generate this part of the config.

@Greg: CJ answered about this API problem: https://github.com/CovertJagua…t-IssueTracker/issues/256

CovertJaguar wrote:

This is the failure of the mod using the API. Not of the mod providing the API.
    All API usage should always be prefaced by "if(Loader.isModLoader("modid")".
    Lacking any documentation of how the API is intended to be used from Azanor, including the files you need is a perfectly valid use. It is also the traditional method of using APIs. If/When Azanor indicates that this is not how the API is meant to be used, then I will make the necessary adaptations. Until then the burden is on the mods that crash when they assume "presence of api == presence of mod".
    For example, the Buildcraft API allows mods to communicate whether or not Buildcraft is present, but to do so requires that those mods include the API.

• In 1.7.10, using a Soft Hammer to change the transformers OUT/IN they also disable the machine which renders the transformers useless.
    Also, are transformers supposed to explode if you feed energy in its output?

• Ok, recruitment time.

Need help putting together this guide:[WIP] Successor to the awesome guide by Nonotan/Ishi PLANNING THREAD for Gregtech 5

It is based on this guide: [1.6.4] A Survivor's Handbook: Dealing with Hardmode Gregtech

For the most part, everyone on the forum is still learning GT 5, but the sum of our knowledge should make it fairly easy.

No need to PM me or ask, just add in your input. If you are unsure about what to add, feel free to post it on the thread.

• @Greg: CJ answered about this API problem: https://github.com/CovertJagua…t-IssueTracker/issues/256

Ahem, Forge Standards generally disallow direct inclusion of API Files, which are part of the File Structure of the originating Mod itself (unless said Mod states otherwise, or in case of Interfaces). Existence of API means that the Functionality is existing and working properly, not that the Mod is existing. That is what APIs are for, so that you can include the actual Functionality (and not just the Interfaces!) of said Program in your Program too, and unless you add your own fully functioning Thaumcraft alike Research System to the Game you have absolutely no Reason to include the non-Interface APIs for it.

That is more than enough Reason to remove it. Also it potentially breaks Mods if you include copies of their API.

In 1.7.10, using a Soft Hammer to change the transformers OUT/IN they also disable the machine which renders the transformers useless.
    Also, are transformers supposed to explode if you feed energy in its output?

So you have no Idea how Stuff works and still try to "help" me with the Development of my Mod? Seriously, there is a Tooltip saying that the Transformer gets Inverted when you use the Rubber Hammer on it, and you complain about the fact that it successfully inverted the Transformer making Input to Output and vice versa (like the Transformers in IC2) causing the Transformer to switch Voltages too according to that, causing an explosion because you inserted a too high Voltage?

• So you have no Idea how Stuff works and still try to "help" me with the Development of my Mod? Seriously, there is a Tooltip saying that the Transformer gets Inverted when you use the Rubber Hammer on it, and you complain about the fact that it successfully inverted the Transformer making Input to Output and vice versa (like the Transformers in IC2) causing the Transformer to switch Voltages too according to that, causing an explosion because you inserted a too high Voltage?

First of all: if I don't know one thing about your mod doesn't mean that I have "no idea how Stuff works". Second of all, I didn't say that it caused any explosion (Only when I fed energy in its output).

Okay, what I tried was using the EV to HV transformer to convert IC2 power from an MFSU to GT power, since it works the other way around I thought this will too... Apparently it doesn't, is this intended?