[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Wait, since when LV machines are more lossy than their higher versions?

Since always. They may be more Efficient but the Lines you need to power them are the worst thing possible and with one LV-Transformer and only 2 Cables going out you have a loss of 11.8% already. It is almost always better to use the HV Generators instead of the LV ones. The LV ones are only worth it if you have some kind of lossless energy line.

• Both the autocrafting and sorting machine are already in GT 5. For autocrafting, use the packager with the proper schematic. For sorting, you have the type filter and item filter (and I think one other as well, the regulator, I believe). What else are you missing from GT4? The AESU probably won't come back, since it's pretty much made obsolete in terms of functionality by the battery buffers, but I could imagine an IDSU-type block making a return.

Since always. They may be more Efficient but the Lines you need to power them are the worst thing possible and with one LV-Transformer and only 2 Cables going out you have a loss of 11.8% already. It is almost always better to use the HV Generators instead of the LV ones. The LV ones are only worth it if you have some kind of lossless energy line.

I'd like to de-stupid a bit. Can you demonstrate how you calculate the 11.8%? It might teach me a bit about how the lossy mechanics work.

• ah and there is new owner of tinkerconstruct, maybe this will fix some probles..

still waiting for answer on how to enable hard recipes or why are they gone

I mean, there was so many things nerf example minefactoryreloaded

almost everything in that mod was nerfed if hardrecipes were enabled

The post was edited 2 times, last by CkpeVZE ().

• Since always. They may be more Efficient but the Lines you need to power them are the worst thing possible and with one LV-Transformer and only 2 Cables going out you have a loss of 11.8% already. It is almost always better to use the HV Generators instead of the LV ones. The LV ones are only worth it if you have some kind of lossless energy line.

Indeed, but it's just a relative loss: the absolute loss is always the same, for the most efficient cables, like tin and annealed copper.

Let's say that one has to power a small amount of LV machines, not a big factory. In this case, if one manages to place an LV steam turbine in the radius of let's say 2 blocks from the buffer, which has a maximum of 2 meters of distance from the machines, he has no issue. And I always manage to move the turbine near the buffer because the steam has no losses traveling for long distances, for now... But I'm sure you're gonna implement something like pressure losses or condensation, maybe.

• It is almost always better to use the HV Generators instead of the LV ones

Tell this to your steam turbine, the hv one generate 50% less eu than the lv, and 25% less than the mv.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Sorry about being annoying but is there a reason why minecraft with gregtech takes a lot longer in 1.7.10 than in 1.6.4
    I love this mod to pieces but fifteen minutes to load I find a bit excessive
    Sorry again :-/

• Sorry about being annoying but is there a reason why minecraft with gregtech takes a lot longer in 1.7.10 than in 1.6.4
    I love this mod to pieces but fifteen minutes to load I find a bit excessive
    Sorry again :-/

Got Binnie's Mods by any chance?

(For everyone else, Reliquary's problem got sorted out recently :D )

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Tell this to your steam turbine, the hv one generate 50% less eu than the lv, and 25% less than the mv.

I think the argument is that the LV generates more, but your endpoints (machines, buffers, etc) receive less due to losses at connections and cabling.

• I think the argument is that the LV generates more, but your endpoints (machines, buffers, etc) receive less due to losses at connections and cabling.

Not to mention that the multiblock boilers are more efficient as you go up the tiers.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Extrautilities also causes a huge slow down in loading as well. I reported it before, but Greg never said if it was on his side or extrautilities.

• When are you expecting this? It seems even things like adding/changing links on the IC2 navbox can make the wiki nearly crash.

Once we move to Gamepedia. When that will happen, I'm unsure. Apparently they are busy with bukkit stuff... or something. I'm still a little fuzzy. I'll have to poke eya about it in a few days.

• I've done some testing
    The two mod groups that affect the loading time the most are:
    1) Binnies mods
    2) Reika's mods
    This might be because of the sheer number of items that they add to the game
    (binnies with the serums and reika with the different processed ore forms)
    I'm willing to lose reika's mods but I'm less willing to remove binnies mods (cos I like 'em :))
    Any suggestions?
    (N.B. ExU didn't have much of an effect on the load time (despite the large amount of barrels it loads))

• @Above
    I think Reika's mods will SLOW IT UP A LOT, because reika(Like GREG)checks the ore dictionary and creates his products of all the ores, so prepare for a first time massive load.

• Once we move to Gamepedia. When that will happen, I'm unsure. Apparently they are busy with bukkit stuff... or something. I'm still a little fuzzy. I'll have to poke eya about it in a few days.

Wait, we ain't gonna lose our pages, right?