[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Are you sure you meant 1,200,203 kilobytes? Because that's 1.2 gigabytes, which is immense.

I kid you not... it was around 1.2 gigs... :wacko: which is insane...

question now is... which other mods could have caused gregtech to go insane like that during world building? besides 3 types of mods that don't work well together which caused all sorts of drama way back about a year ago which I will avoid naming.

• hard to open a log that's... 1.2 gigs in size... notepad++ refuses to open it... lol I'll try spawning another world with gregtech installed and stop before it gets too large.

• hard to open a log that's... 1.2 gigs in size... notepad++ refuses to open it... lol I'll try spawning another world with gregtech installed and stop before it gets too large.

Compress it with 7-zip (or winrar) and upload it so we can take a look.

• It is probably the issue with Extra-utilities and reliquary (if not more) that I reported a while back that was ignored. I don't know if it is on GT's side or theirs, but it fills the GT log with null pointer errors, when loading the items/recipes from those mods. Just the two mods I had the issue with created 70k+ lines in the log, not hard to see how a big mod or a few medium sizes ones could cause it to become massive quickly.

• I can't get large boilers to work for me. (5.05.10gt 2.2.2.647ic2)

I had given up and testing things in creative and still no go.
    I have setup both bronze and steel boilers, provided water to input hatch, coal to input bus, fixed with duct tape. The control block says hit it with rubber hammer.
    Right clicking with soft hammer produces no effect, no text pops up in bottom left corner. I have tried various sources of solid fuels: wood, planks, charcoal, coal, coal coke.

I have tried debug scanner but it prints no info when I right click it on any control blocks of boilers.

How else could I investigate what is going on?

Thanks.

• Hi Greg. Ars Magica 2 was recently released for 1.7.10. And the problem with this version is that AM2 Blue Topaz is replaced with your version of that gem. Many things in AM2 become uncraftable because of this. And this also gives very easy access to lvl 3 GT tools (blue topaz is common gem in AM2).

So, maybe add a way to craft AM2 blue topaz? Just like you can craft Charged Certus Quartz from AE2 with GT electrolyzer.

Edit: Vinteum ore probably also have this problem.

• Hi Greg. Ars Magica 2 was recently released for 1.7.10. And the problem with this version is that AM2 Blue Topaz is replaced with your version of that gem. Many things in AM2 become uncraftable because of this. And this also gives very easy access to lvl 3 GT tools (blue topaz is common gem in AM2).

So, maybe add a way to craft AM2 blue topaz? Just like you can craft Charged Certus Quartz from AE2 with GT electrolyzer.

Edit: Vinteum ore probably also have this problem.

Just change false to true in Unification.cfg:

arsmagica2 {
    B:dustVinteum_false=true
    B:gemBlueTopaz_false=true
    B:gemChimerite_false=true
    B:gemMoonstone_false=true
    B:gemSunstone_false=true
    }

• This can be solved by setting AM2 gems (and dusts) as unification target.

However blame AM2 for not being able to use oredictionarized stuff.

No need for a "crafting". Charged certus quartz is a different type of certus quartz, it is "charged". Also, you can charge certus quartz using AE2 charger, if you did not know.

Edit: Ninja'd about the unification, but not about AM2 not being able to use oredict properly.

• Hi guys,
    I would like to ask two things, because I don't know if I'm doing it right:

1. Is magnetite intended to be an early/alternative source of iron?
    2. In my game, I had found two types of copper ore, and one seems to be the IC2 copper. Is that intended, or I have to deactivate them? (using no other ore gen mod)

• Hi guys,
    I would like to ask two things, because I don't know if I'm doing it right:

1. Is magnetite intended to be an early/alternative source of iron?
    2. In my game, I had found two types of copper ore, and one seems to be the IC2 copper. Is that intended, or I have to deactivate them? (using no other ore gen mod)

1. Essentially it works as 1/3 Iron Ore early game, you can get more efficient later but it's never more than 1 full ingot. On the flipside, it is very common, so you could still get a good supply of Iron from Magnetite veins.

2. IC2 ore generation can be disabled inside it's config. Same for most other mods

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Oh, thank you my charming poke-friend.
    I am trying to set up the game to play as Gregorius designed.
    As Gregtech disables vanilla ore, I thought that by default it would disable IC2 too, as his mod is based on it.
    If disabling the IC2 ore is the right way to follow the mod progression, I think that would be nice to have that pointed on the install section, to newbies like me (Well, I had played 1.6.4, but this is almost like a new mod).

• Hello, does somebody know working in 1.7.10 interdimensional world anchor? Immibis stuff fails loading, and railcraft anchor is not really interdimensinal as it seems.