[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Thanks.

• Very much so. The 1.2 and 1.4 golden ages of modding were golden ages because of the massive potential for emergent gameplay, IMO mostly because of Redpower and being able to manipulate other mods' things with it. (Also, Thaumcraft 2 was one of the first mods I ever thought was really cool.) But the culture of the modding community has changed since then, and even though there are a hundred times more mods and a hundred times more content out there now than there was two years ago, it feels like the number of people coming up with innovative solutions and the level of innovation in those solutions has gone down.

The culture back in 1.2.5 was completely different to now, and even 1.4.7 had noticeable differences. It used to be that Redpower, IC2, Buildcraft was the base of any modpack, with Forestry and Railcraft often being there too. 1.4.7 was the last time that was ever possible, so you could say that was why it was the last of the golden ages.

IMO though, it's just that every simple idea is now saturated, and so any other solution has to seem better than the others, so better can often end up being simpler. The fact Greg is coming up with all these new ideas is still impressive, and I love the fact suddenly Gregtech feels like FoodPlus :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, there's a problem between GT and RotaryCraft.

When these two mods are installed, Magnetite Ore can be smelted into a Magnetite Gem (which is the result of RoC's Extractor processing of ReactorCraft's Magnetite Ore), or crushed with a Hammer to gain the same result when you should get Crushed Magnetite Ore instead.
    Disabling GT unification or enforcing Crushed Magnetite Ore unification didn't change anything.

GT not having a Magnetite Gem to begin with, I reported it to Reika first, with no results and me probably being seen as an idiot as a bonus.
    So now I'm reporting this here, hoping you have any ideas about it.

• may be the one with heating coil is for maturing cheese cultures in milk? dunno how it`s called (incubator? lol)
    the other one is to squeeze cottage cheese into cheese.. probbly not

• IIRC ReactorCraft Magnetite is waaay harder to get than GT Magnetite >.> Balance issues alert

You won't use ReactorCraft with GT anyways, except if you don't mind having a weird worldgen hybrid between GT oregen and ReactorCraft's worldgen with fluorite everywhere.
    What makes it worse is you don't even need to have ReactorCraft installed, since it's the gem from RoC's Extractor processing path.

What's even weirder is that, even if RoC has the same kind of support for Forestry's Apatite, it's GT's generic apatite that prevails over RoC's this time.

• No, that question was supposed to go towards Greg. I mean, from what you played through you will agree that there is no real alternative to tungstensteel boiler + any sort of "free fuel" production + any sort of turbine...

Even in vanilla ic2 you always had the choice between nuclear, geothermal and charcoal, and it was all worth it. Now, with the rebalances and new power transfer, well, I do not see alternatives..

• Go nuclear buddy, IC2 EU transformation is still there. GT uranium veins are huge as fuck.
    Geothermals are still possible with the usage of GT lava boiler. Its not as massive as the old thermal boiler but it does a good job burning some lava.

RTGs are actually the byproduct of it. We (me and greg) have sooooo much uranium, but i'm lazy to set up reactors.

• changing my modpack to gregtech...

should I disable these in (not gregtech) configs?
    are these spawn with gregtech version of them or no?

-forestry apatite
    -app2 certus ore
    -app2 charged certus ore

-all thermalexpansion ores
    -all thaumcraft ores
    - railcraft firestone

are all of these really have gregtech version that spawn?

==================================

ahh found better question.
    if an gregtech ore can be found in NEI does that mean that it spawn? and has config? (I know for sure that some don't have config but maybe they have just different name in config? )

The post was edited 5 times, last by CkpeVZE ().

• Hi Guys,
    I'm trying to make the first reusable battery (sodium), and seems that the way is electrolyze Salt, and the source is Rock Salt ore?
    Because i'm not finding any, and the wordgen.cfg don't seems to list where is it generated. I only found "salts" could be this?

• CkpeVZE : Apatite, Certus Quartz, and all Thermal Expansion ores spawn by default (But TE Ferrous=GT Nickel) Cinnabar from Thaumcraft also spawns, but not Amber or the shards. Neither does Firestone, but the other Railcraft ores Sulfur and Saltpeter will spawn

Most of the ores that show up in NEI will not spawn, they are just auto-generated by the meta-item system. If you want to enable one, take a look at the config under the mix section to see how GT does it. There are 16 slots for custom mix ores like this. Check the Metadata of the ore you want to spawn using NEI and put that in the sections that ask for "PrimaryOreLayer", "SecondaryOreLayer", "OreSporadicallyAround", etc.

Drawfox : Salts is indeed the correct config. That spawns Salt, Rock Salt, Lepidolite, and Spodumene ores. However, there are also other sources of Sodium for that battery (can't remember what though)

@Greg: Does the amount of custom slots config allow you to increase it? Or is it only decrease?

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Drawfox : Salts is indeed the correct config. That spawns Salt, Rock Salt, Lepidolite, and Spodumene ores. However, there are also other sources of Sodium for that battery (can't remember what though)

Thanks Blocky, for always helping me!

• There is a line at the top of WorldGeneration.cfg for how many custom ore mix slots the config file will contain. It defaults to 16. AFAIK there is no maximum limit on that (within reason).

• No, that question was supposed to go towards Greg. I mean, from what you played through you will agree that there is no real alternative to tungstensteel boiler + any sort of "free fuel" production + any sort of turbine...

Even in vanilla ic2 you always had the choice between nuclear, geothermal and charcoal, and it was all worth it. Now, with the rebalances and new power transfer, well, I do not see alternatives..

I agree that when it comes to power generation, GT has become very poor. There is hardly any viable alternatives to charcoal. Where's Magic Converter/Generator? Thermal Generator/Boiler? Are they going to be implemented yet?

Also after the change to circuits recipes, there is now no real use for electrum, except for Adv Circuits (where electrum foil can be replaced by gold anyway). This means that silver becomes useless. I like the fact that making circuits requires many machines now instead of just assemblers, but i think the ingredients are stupid. Steel in circuits, really? Where's plastic gone, I liked the idea of it, now it has no use.

Also I'm playing on a small server with maybe 10 people. And still you need to run thousands of blocks from the spawn to be able to find tin. This is really putting new people off, everyone is saying the same thing - "where the fuck is tin"? A person that cannot even progress to bronze age because you made tin ridiculously rare (maybe it doesn't appear rare in the config, but effectively it is due to the elevation it spawns at) will most likely stop playing. Is that what you want Greg?

• To be fair, we are still in beta. Everything you experience now should be taken with a pinch of salt. Critiscm and suggestions will help a lot more than complaints.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• did you have a chance to look over the ic2 code i gave to spwn x greg? it was for the IC2 miners.
    also any chance to black list extra utils from your unificator to decrease load time? since it adds a ton of covers for pipes and tons of different blocks? it adds no world gen.

• By the way, did anyone else notice the change that happened in the 1.7.10 Forestry builds, where the effective size of Forestry farms was basically tripled?