[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Our development server for InfiTech 2 modpack is unable to start up. When it starts, it crashes with: http://pastebin.com/3rGGTRjU
    (If not GT issue, sorry I will move to another mod on the list - ExtraCells/AE2)

That looks much more like an Extra Cells issue.
    Specifically, it looks like an Extra Cells Fluid Import Bus got stuck in a bad state after screwing something up either in a fluid import action or in an 'adjacent block changed' update. From that log, the server's not crashing while starting up, it's starting, trying to tick once, and instantly crashing out.

• Yes, it's my fluid import bus importing mercury from a centrifuge to the system. I installed it last night and it crashed the server soon. Managed to pull 36 bucket before that though.

• thx paladineone, these features seem to be superior over TE machines. i think i can get shrink my client quite good with this inforrmation.

• While checking an item from Botania that should scout for ores, this particular piece of code doesn't seem to be able to find any ores from GT.

Code
    1. Block block = world.getBlock(xp, yp, zp);
    2. int meta = world.getBlockMetadata(xp, yp, zp);
    3. ItemStack orestack = new ItemStack(block, 1, meta);
    4. int id = OreDictionary.getOreIDs(orestack);
    5. String s = OreDictionary.getOreName(id);
    6. if(s.matches("^ore[A-Z].+")) {

Doesn't GT register it's ores in the oredict? At least that's what it says on NEI. Anyone has any ideas why this is not working? Does GT does something different in it's ores?

Relevant links: https://github.com/Vazkii/Bota…item/ItemDiviningRod.java https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/issues/356

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shirkit ().

• Because GT ores are NBT based, and by creating a new ItemStack while ignoring NBT data, it isn't actually creating a valid GregTech ore, just a useless block that isn't oredicted as an ore.

• I had a PuP.
    LOL

Aaand fail. Hotlinking not allowed?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• GRREEEEAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!

I found Neodymium/Bastnasite/Monazite ore.... Monazite seems to have no use? But IRL it's a phosphorus mineral containing rare earth. Seems you should be able to centrifuge or electrolyze it or something..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monazite

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• IIRC Monazite Ore was a thing from Modular Forcefield Systems (v2, back in the day before Calclavia took over and made it run on UE), as a power supply for force fields.

... I haven't heard anything from that mod in months though.

• I don't have, nor have ever had, that mod. c.c But these ores definitely are happening. So, GRAAAG!

Quoted from "zorn":

• So grog, are there any plans to improve distillation? right now it is very simple for things like petroleum, and with PFAA having the multiple oil types, something like the old distillation tower could see alot more diversity, not to mention other input fluids, like liquified atmosphere, or a more advanced way to make biofuel. Simply letting the distiller separate things instead of transmute the input into exactly one new thing would be great. You could have your own coking, with more useful byproducts like coal gas and ammonia, even implementing the pollution system. I just get caught up in the possibilities =D.

Anyhow, I love what you are doing with the mod, and seeing how you handled and advanced the physical fabrication of machines, I bet that if you ever did get around to other industrial aspects, I would enjoy it very much. Keep up the great work, and thank you for my favorite mod! :) :Diamond Drill: :Copper Ore: :Copper Ore: MinecraftCreeper

• So grog, are there any plans to improve distillation? right now it is very simple for things like petroleum, and with PFAA having the multiple oil types, something like the old distillation tower could see alot more diversity, not to mention other input fluids, like liquified atmosphere, or a more advanced way to make biofuel. Simply letting the distiller separate things instead of transmute the input into exactly one new thing would be great. You could have your own coking, with more useful byproducts like coal gas and ammonia, even implementing the pollution system. I just get caught up in the possibilities =D.

Anyhow, I love what you are doing with the mod, and seeing how you handled and advanced the physical fabrication of machines, I bet that if you ever did get around to other industrial aspects, I would enjoy it very much. Keep up the great work, and thank you for my favorite mod! :) :Diamond Drill: :Copper Ore: :Copper Ore: MinecraftCreeper

Multiblock all purpose distillation tower is replaced by single block machine with chip configuration.
    It means, you are still allowed to build a tower design with multiple machines and different output.
    Only the portion distilled is transformed/consumed, so distillation outcome remain the same as in GT4 and earlier.
    While using multiple distillation machines you still can get same output from 1 bucket of fluid.

This setup is more realistic than previous multi-block. Though I agree it could be better with a required tower structure and outcome product dependent on height placement (heavy products at bottom, light/gas products at top...)

Some time ago I proposed a setup like this in suggestion thread:
    - Use only a single controller block
    - Use different output hatches and buses placed along a tower multi-block structure.
    - Make product output type depend on height placement within the structure.

The post was edited 2 times, last by leagris ().