[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• AE2 Autocrafting works basically on the principle that the ME Interface is king. There's a new block, the Molecular Assembler (a single-block version of the old MAC), which can be fed recipes and items and will automatically craft them.
    The biggest difference between old-style MAC autocrafting and new-style Interface/MA autocrafting is that the MAC stored all standard crafting recipes while Interfaces stored those to be outsourced to other machines, the new version has the Interface store *all* crafting recipes, and Molecular Assemblers are simply treated as other machines.

There's a few more features, but that's the general framework.

• GT Bits & Bolts:
    1) You have the option to set up"factories" for things that are annoying to produce.
    2) You can (like me) just mass-produce annoying things that you tend to have them on hand when you need them.

Basically, I never, ever craft "a screw." If I'm crafting a screw, I'll craft a stack or two of screws.

• GT Bits & Bolts:
    1) You have the option to set up"factories" for things that are annoying to produce.
    2) You can (like me) just mass-produce annoying things that you tend to have them on hand when you need them.

Basically, I never, ever craft "a screw." If I'm crafting a screw, I'll craft a stack or two of screws.

Yeah that's generally the easier way to do it. If it's a machine, make what you need. If it's a random stray part, make a hundred of them because you're going to need more and it's a lot less annoying.

Funny how that's how real life large-scale manufacturing often works...

• Greg, here's a suggestion, can you use the molten version of tin/lead/etc... from Tinkers' Construct when it's available, or at least have an option for that?
    I mean making your own versions of molten metals is cool but some people might want to use the smeltery for such things since the recipes on your machines don't require much power.
    P.S: I'm expecting a big, all caps no (with font size 36, of course), but still, worth a try.

Nope, I intentionally decided to not do the exact same Name as TiC Fluids, because of balance reasons.

Funny how that was exactly why I did it.

• You know what would be cool? If higher-tier fluid solidifiers had multiple mold slots.

If an HV fluid solidifier had three "mold" slots, you could configure it to create three screws at a time, or a rod and two screws at a time, etc. (Not with any change to efficiency: the same amount of molten material would still be required for each widget)

Maybe this is already done, I don't know that I've ever had reason to build a fluid solidifier....

• You know what would be cool? If higher-tier fluid solidifiers had multiple mold slots.

If an HV fluid solidifier had three "mold" slots, you could configure it to create three screws at a time, or a rod and two screws at a time, etc. (Not with any change to efficiency: the same amount of molten material would still be required for each widget)

Maybe this is already done, I don't know that I've ever had reason to build a fluid solidifier....

You mean like the Smelting Factories of Mekanism which Process multiple things in parallel, but with an additional Condition that all Mold containing Slots must receive Fluid before it starts to process, in order to create 1 batch of multiple different things of that one Material at a time, like 1 Plate + 1 Ingot + 1 Stick per run, without starting to clutter up a full stack of Sticks first, because they need less Fluid?

I do plan something that will change the whole Machine System up again in 1.8.1, so that one needs actual singleblock Tanks in order to supply an adjacent Machine, if then those Machines would be redstone powered with a trigger once the Tank is full enough, it could create such a Batch with multiple Solidifiers adjacent to a single Tank. But it is still just a Theory, a... wait, I am not MatPat.

-----

Thanks to a great Bug, which Mojang still has unassigned in 1.8.1, I will not start any LAN Game anymore. I don't wanna run around in the "Alex" Skin (there is a 50% chance of your account defaulting to that one, no matter what settings you choose), just because I am the Host of a LAN Game. It just feels weird.

• Yeah that's generally the easier way to do it. If it's a machine, make what you need. If it's a random stray part, make a hundred of them because you're going to need more and it's a lot less annoying.

Actually that isn't how real life manuacturing works. Now they use 'Lean Manufacturing', and the goal is to NOT overproduce and have too much 'WIP' (Work In Process). Not that it matters. In the real world, overproduction is Death. It means you have $$$ tied up into product that is sitting on your production floor, vs being money in the bank that you can use for other things. This translates to minecraft... what if I dont have enough ingots to just make a stack of screws? Or a stack of lv motors? The 'poorer' I am, the more I feel i should make only a few screws, then come back later when I am sure I *need* more, and then have to CRAFT more . Setting up automated 'factories' for making screws is pointless becasue the regular crafting table is instant. In my experience, you only set up auto crafting for things you will need to make thousands of, because you can shift click into and out of a crafting table and make hundreds of items in a few minutes. So if i need ... 100 screws? 500? over the course of a GT world, I can craft them EASIER in a normal crafting table than I can in an autocrafter, depending on which one I am using. AE1's mac was only really helpful with things like Compact Solars, things like that.

But I dont see people needing to make... 1000 assembly machines. In 1.3 I made 5 hv solars without using a MAC from AE or any sort of 'factory'. Thats 2500 'machines' I had to craft, and I used redpowers production table or whatever it was. I set up a mac to make 100 hv solars, which is 51,200 'machines'. See my point? Even a MAC was very easy to set up, easy to make patterns, and even then people often feel making patterns is not worth the effort for many things. You need to require HUGE quantities to get people making factories.

IMO factories wont really exist until the only crafting table available is the buildcraft auto crafting table that is slow to craft even a single thing. hmmm. That gives me an idea. ;)

I get the point of making a stack at a time. I have done it since I started playing modded MC. But setting up a 'factory' to produce lv motors would take, IMO, a lot longer than say... putting a pattern into an AE1 mac. And EVEN with how easy it was to set up an AE pattern, people STILL often just crafted by hand, because crafting was instant.

Not sure where I was going with this. Do people on kiara set up huge auto crafting factories to make supplies like circuits and stuff? I looked earlier today at the screenshots of bases... I dont see huge factories.

• There is where AE2 comes into the play, production on demand.
    Although We usually request the AE to craft a stack of it or keep a constant supply of something.

Overproduction is just the old way of economy we used to have but has the problem of wasting resources which is definitely not a real problem on minecraft.

• Overproduction is not the real problem, overgathering is. Instead of crafting 1000's of screws, people just store the ingots for 1000's of screws and don't craft anything with them.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Overproduction is not the real problem, overgathering is. Instead of crafting 1000's of screws, people just store the ingots for 1000's of screws and don't craft anything with them.

It's not entirely stupid - what if they need 1000's of motors instead? Then they didn't spend all their ingots on screws.

It's still a little bit stupid, because you're not going to need 1000's of motors and not 1000's of screws.

Can someone else test inserting Tine Twigs into a chest minecart with a RailCraft loader? When I do this, they don't stack in the cart. Most other items stack fine, and I can insert stacks manually. Hoppers do the same thing. If I replace the chest minecart with a chest, they stack normally.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• It's not entirely stupid - what if they need 1000's of motors instead? Then they didn't spend all their ingots on screws.

This is legit reasoning, and it's something I do all the time. I'm rather conservative materially by nature, so I don't tend to make more of any individual part than I need to for the job at hand.

However, that's mostly to avoid wasting materials on inefficient production methods; once I actually have good processing methods that don't constantly waste materials I leave no survivors.

• Why not add small and tiny item pipes? Would the items not fit through them?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I'm not saying that people should be crafting 1000's of screws and doing nothing with them, i'm complaining about how the goal of many modded minecraft players is just to hoard resources and just do nothing with them except make machines to get more resources. It's really a problem because most mods and modpacks focus around nothing but overgathering and no actual end goal or progression.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• 99,000 iron ingots on the wall, 99,000 iron ingots
    take 1 down, craft it around
    110,000 iron ingots on the wall (because your automining rig dug up some more...)

This reminds me of something I think I remember as being a concept from Per Fabrica Ad Astra: the idea of a player doing everything they could in one world, then launching into space and starting again on a new world, bringing some of their technology with them but having to rebuild their infrastructure, and having to build more infrastructure to compensate for them being in space.
    Kinda like Galacticraft, but with more detail to the planets flown to.

• New idea:
    Add-on mod combining Galacticraft with Mystcraft
    Premise: Use Galacticraft space ships to travel between Mystcraft worlds, rather than using Mystcraft linking books.
    Edit:
    -And use "scouting probes" or similar to search for planets with certain characteristics. (Alternative to writing books describing worlds)

• Is it intentional that GregTech tools don't fit in the IC2 toolbox?

Battery snot included.

• I'm not saying that people should be crafting 1000's of screws and doing nothing with them, i'm complaining about how the goal of many modded minecraft players is just to hoard resources and just do nothing with them except make machines to get more resources. It's really a problem because most mods and modpacks focus around nothing but overgathering and no actual end goal or progression.

Wait a second, why is having a different playstyle than you is a problem? That is not a problem. That is a matter of taste. I like overgathering, I absolutely love it. It is the best part about modded minecraft - overgatheing, and production for the sake of production. I enjoy that playstyle.

I like thinking of it as in Factorio - I am a colonist and I am preparing the place I landed on for a main "fleet" of colonists. That is the whole point for me in plating minecraft at all.

• You mean like the Smelting Factories of Mekanism which Process multiple things in parallel, but with an additional Condition that all Mold containing Slots must receive Fluid before it starts to process, in order to create 1 batch of multiple different things of that one Material at a time, like 1 Plate + 1 Ingot + 1 Stick per run, without starting to clutter up a full stack of Sticks first, because they need less Fluid?

I didn't actually consider the problem of default slots hoarding the input. You're right, that makes more sense to require all-slots-full for processing.

I also didn't realize Mekanism had a similar feature. But it tickles me to have a factory capable of doing this, and an incentive to strive for higher-tier machines capable of doing it.

Not sure where I was going with this. Do people on kiara set up huge auto crafting factories to make supplies like circuits and stuff? I looked earlier today at the screenshots of bases... I dont see huge factories.

Factories would be a huge exaggeration in my case. I do set up dedicated production lines for circuitry. Certainly nothing at all for screws and such: those I just mass-produce a bunch at a time as described above. I do ensure I don't overcommit too much of my "cash" (say, iron) by making too many iron rods. But in the worse case scenario, I can always liquidate(!) those assets back into cash if I need to.

• Factories would be a huge exaggeration in my case. I do set up dedicated production lines for circuitry. Certainly nothing at all for screws and such: those I just mass-produce a bunch at a time as described above. I do ensure I don't overcommit too much of my "cash" (say, iron) by making too many iron rods. But in the worse case scenario, I can always liquidate(!) those assets back into cash if I need to.

Then you shouldn't autoproduce Screws en mass (maybe instead just do a Stack or so), because those are slightly lossy when recycled (1 Unit => 8 Bolts, 1 Bolt => 1 Screw, but 9 Screws => 1 Unit).