[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @willis
    PermGen doesn't exsist for Java 8, it only required for Java 7 and below, though for Java 7 to start moded minecraft you need from 128M to 256M, depending on your mods. Though don't give to much, it may make set up unstable.

Java Arguements I use for Java 7, for Java 8 drop perm size. Though I had better track record for minecraft on Java 7.

Code
    1. -Xms512m, -Xmx4024m, -XX:PermSize=256m

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr.Terr ().

• English mobile wikipedia I presume.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• English mobile wikipedia I presume.

Yup.
    Edit : edited link to have greg's approval on the wikipage and not the wiki link itself
    Edit 2 : New generators based on tetrahedrite
    http://www.alphabetenergy.com/product/e1/

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/97156

It isn't something recent, but the way it works is. And it is mostly made out of tetrahedrite

Edit 3 :
    New material, cheaper but better than silicium for solar panels :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perovskite

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

The post was edited 5 times, last by Nexey_ ().

• Forgive me is this is a dumb question but I am rather confused about something with the GregTech config. For exmaple:

Does: "B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=false" mean that false is the default and it is currently set to false and thus will not generate or does it mean that false=false and thus the ore will generate and false=true will turn it off? Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm a bit stuck on this. Also as a quick side question, if I change the name of the entry in the part of the config where ore configuation itself is to for example "Nikolite" do I have to change the "00" in the true, false section to "Nikolite" as well?

Dunno if these are idiotic questions, I can be stupid sometimes. =/

Author of Amalgamate Technomancy
    Also Mr. Dr. Professor WaffleMan0310
    Proprietor of Awesome

-----------------------------------------------------

Gregtech Master Race

The post was edited 1 time, last by WaffleMan0310 ().

• <Snippety snip>

I still haven't figured out what that means too. I've been praying modded mc since tekkit 1.1.0 was released, I've seen this too many times, but my simple mind couldn't figure out the proper sense

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• "_false" is the default setting "=false" is the current setting. Do NOT change the config before the =, only after it.

"B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=false" means it is disabled by default and the current config is set to disable it.
    Change to : "B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=true" to enable it.

• Forgive me is this is a dumb question but I am rather confused about something with the GregTech config. For exmaple:

Does: "B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=false" mean that false is the default and it is currently set to false and thus will not generate or does it mean that false=false and thus the ore will generate and false=true will turn it off? Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm a bit stuck on this. Also as a quick side question, if I change the name of the entry in the part of the config where ore configuation itself is to for example "Nikolite" do I have to change the "00" in the true, false section to "Nikolite" as well?

Dunno if these are idiotic questions, I can be stupid sometimes. =/

blah_defaultvalue=actualvalue
    Means that when the default value of blah is defaultvalue, the actual value is actualvalue. You never ever want to modify the stuff to the left of the equals sign. You just want to modify the right side to the value that you want. So if you want that ore to generate, you set it to true.
    If the default value for a parameter changes, then a new parameter will be created with the new default value, and you'll have to set the actual value of that to the actual value you want.
    The reason for this setup is so that Greg can change values in the config without people having to reset their configs.

• So this should work

Author of Amalgamate Technomancy
    Also Mr. Dr. Professor WaffleMan0310
    Proprietor of Awesome

-----------------------------------------------------

Gregtech Master Race

The post was edited 2 times, last by WaffleMan0310 ().

• I noticed you added the option to add more custom slots in the GT Worldgen config. Would a thing such as setting the density of individual part within a same vein be possible ? If yes, I think it'd be amazing you'd implement that. There's so many unused ores in there and I'd like to try and play with that a bit.

By the by, I think your ore gen is really something for how little ressource it costs.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arch ().

• Hey, those are some really nice textures!

You can't change the top brick style without the use of some CTM from Optifine since Greg only has one texture registered with that specific block and metadata. A lot of people do use Optifine, so you can include a top texture that only they would see. It has no adverse affect if someone doesn't have it though. Want a quick tutorial?

• Thanks, but i am not quite satisfied with texture. I just wanted to show sample to provide idea. I gonna work on these.
    Tutorial would be nice. Also, can i make 2 textures for same block? One for optifine users. Another for regular.
    P.S: I am enjoing your texture pack. It provides a lot more nice expirience, then regular gradient textures.

• You can make two different textures, sure. For normal users, don't do anything differently than you do now. For using Optifine (with CTM enabled in video options), create a few folders in this directory: (anything past 'ctm' is optional. I like adding more folders for organization's sake)

<your pack name>/assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/ctm/gregtech/concrete/

Create a .properties file in this directory (right click, new > text document, and name it whatever but make sure the extension is .properties).

Open the new file with any editor (I use notepad++) and paste this in (assuming light concrete brick texture):

Code
    1. matchBlocks=gregtech:gt.blockconcretes //This is the concrete's internal name
    2. metadata=11 //this is for light brick
    3. method=fixed //this just means that there is no 'connecting' properties (like connected glass uses)
    4. tiles=0 //this means what texture file will be used. If you want a random top texture you would add more here (it's a list) eg 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10
    5. connect=block //sort of depreciated but you need it
    6. faces=top bottom //this means that you want to replace the top and bottom of the block. Other valid entries are 'sides' 'all' 'north' 'west' etc

You might want to remove the comments I put in the file, not sure if OF ignores commented lines. In the same directory, place your new top concrete texture in here and name it 0.png.

You should be done. If you want more info, I have some CTM in my resource pack that you can reverse engineer. It has horizontal connecting coil blocks and another (for the same block mind you) that does the top of the coil.

Here is an excellent guide on all things CTM related, and what got me started