[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Not sure what you mean exactly but both.

In the KSP Interstellar mod there is a "resource" called WasteHeat, representing the unusable energy you get from reactors(and solar panels), which you have to get rid of with heat radiators. I asked of we would get that feature in minecraft, too. meaning wasteheat in general, and a definite must for heat radiators in space(galacticraft space stations, asteroids, maybe the end, though i don't know why one would put a reactor there).now that i think of it, that would be a cool feature for vanilla GT for all the generators creating HU, but pretty much everything has to radiate/convect at least some waste heat away, or earlygame will be impossible.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Blood Asp
    I thought greg was a gentleman. His Q/A only counts 4 "fuck(place the suffix here)" and only 3 "shut up".

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• SpwnX I've read it, but his new profile picture makes it more obvious

• Also there is something evil going on with rendering / OpenGL with GT 6.00.14, I'm currently collecting test results from my innocent test subjects.
    Just one Question to Greg before posting my results: Did you test with OptiFine?

• No I didn't test with optifine.

-----

Other News: I have set up a Patreon, due to a new financial Situation coming up soon. This should/could/would help me working on GT a bit more without having to worry that much about things. I'm not trying to get rich or something, I always save every bit of Money I have, and spend the least amount possible on everything. But when having almost nothing, it doesn't matter how smart you are with your spending of Money.

-----

And how is the Quality of my new Profile Picture? Especially compared to the old one, which looked like "Paint"-ed even though I used GIMP. I mean the quality not the motive!

• Then I'm about to show you some things that will happen with OptiFine.

But will one-time PayPal donations still be possible? I'm not really common with Patreon and I would love to help you ...

The new picture looks marvelous :thumbsup:

• And how is the Quality of my new Profile Picture? Especially compared to the old one, which looked like "Paint"-ed even though I used GIMP. I mean the quality not the motive!

It looks as great as your machines :p

Hint : "I'm a modder, not an artist"

For real, it looks really great, less painted and really makes you look like an evil man. I'm surprised you got even more evil.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nexey_ ().

• a new financial Situation coming up soon

Are you going to live in Greece or something? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Then I'm about to show you some things that will happen with OptiFine.

https://i.imgur.com/9l4uzs9.gif
    I had to castrate the gif for file size reasons, but I think it still shows the "eyecatching" things.
    +
    https://i.imgur.com/6gdK2Hl.png
    A higher resolution screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/nnMcbnZ.png
    Oh and during the night it looks even more funny (Yes im currently producing HU by burning crates of GunPowder).

• About patreon thingy: You could offer people priority on their suggestions, given they are applicable in some way.

If I had an income of mine, i would definetely support you there, but i don't :(

Hrm... I think i'll at least tell people (FTB modded news) that you have a patreon now. That should help, maybe

• Machines should take less than a Month, Recipes for Tools and similar will be back in a week or so.

Actually I was almost wrong when I said Greg couldn't create a world in 7 days, he announced before me that it would take less than a Month :/
    (And don't ask me how I found this post, when I typed "Gregtech" in my url research bar I clicked on a random link that got me to the exact page)

• About how to use the "R"-Key in NEI?

You did not just think, that the Recipe is the same one than the one for the old Boiler, did you?

-----

Does Optifine enable Alpha Blending in Textures?, because if so, I might be able to disable my Hook when optifine is installed. In order to do so I would need the optifine Mod ID to check if it is loaded.

• Does Optifine enable Alpha Blending in Textures?, because if so, I might be able to disable my Hook when optifine is installed. In order to do so I would need the optifine Mod ID to check if it is loaded.

https://i.imgur.com/MB4Zh93.png
    If you mean this (not able to turn off) option, then yes.
    About the mod ID, I think it's just "optifine", but I'm not sure.

fml-client-latest.log wrote:

[main/WARN] [FastCraft-core/]: Optifine was detected, some functionality will be disabled for compatibility.

However, Player must know how to detect OptiFine.

Oh and the GT changelog has just been expanded to -6.00.22: (Not released yet)- :)

• Given that the Flint and Steel recipe is overwritten to require Steel [note: this is assuming that hasn't changed from GT5], would we be required to explore the world enough to find a Steel Ingot in a dungeon chest, before we could bring our first machines online?
    Or do you have a more limited-use precursor to the Flint and Steel?

Yes it is called Flint and Tinder. I think this Question would come up a second time if I don't answer it right now (even though you deleted it).

• So I tried putting a link to the patreon on /r/FTB. Didn't seem like any players were too angry, but the mods had to take it down, as they kinda banned patreon links bc of people spamming them.

• So I tried putting a link to the patreon on /r/FTB. Didn't seem like any players were too angry, but the mods had to take it down, as they kinda banned patreon links bc of people spamming them.

It is not like the Patreon Link is hard to find or something, since it is inside the Donation Section of the Main Spoiler. Not to mention that I did get "patreon.com/gregoriust", what was a pretty obvious choice for me.