[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Universal fluid cells from IC2 (IC2 is mandatory mod). Shift-right click dryer's fluid input side with cell with water. This should put water inside. If that fails, you will probably get water block near heat-related machines... what is dangerous. Better use other mods :P

You can directly insert fluids into GT machines from a UFC? Interesting, might want to test that in controlled conditions at some point (though I don't need it anymore).

GT also has its own (cheaper, I think) fluid cells. Not sure what behavior differences they have.

I disagree with the bear here: even though branch mining is the best way to get Graphite, and thus Carbon, I'd rather wait for centrifugating Ashes to get a reliable source of Carbon.

It's really quite easy to do, you just need a pile of bronze and there you go. Hunting for graphite to use as carbon really seems like a waste of time. (Hunting diamonds is another story of course. You want that crusher!)

Though maybe scaring up some steel for a coking oven is a motivation now, if you don't find enough lying around.

Just a casual note that wooden pipes require Rubber Hammer if I'm not mistaken,

They require a soft hammer, anyway. I usually use wood ones. Not a lot of uses but they're practically free.

• I'd love to see a distinct balance setup for Wood types. After all Oak is not the same thing as Spruce or Acacia

For now that will only happen with Silverwood and Greatwood from Thaumcraft. Maybe I will do the Wood Type thing later.

As for Water, I am going to add a Water Tank alike thing later, but it will only work when it rains (even though it will fill up fast during Rain). Also it will work like an actual Wooden Tank, so it could store stuff like Creosote aswell. But it won't be able to store distilled Water (it's a Wooden Tank, it is not that clean on the inside, so it would turn into normal Water). And it will auto-emit Fluids to its Bottom, like the Coke Oven. Gasses won't work either inside it.

• As for Water, I am going to add a Water Tank alike thing later, but it will only work when it rains (even though it will fill up fast during Rain). Also it will work like an actual Wooden Tank, so it could store stuff like Creosote aswell. But it won't be able to store distilled Water (it's a Wooden Tank, it is not that clean on the inside, so it would turn into normal Water). And it will auto-emit Fluids to its Bottom, like the Coke Oven. Gasses won't work either inside it.

So an early game Tank to follow the early game Coke Oven, then. The rain thing could be nice (and maybe a nerf to Desert base ? I never know if rain exist in Desert although it's not shown).

Any plans for a pump block and/or a mid-game tank ?

• I think it should actually be UO2 -> U + O2
    So one dust of Uraninite turns into one dust of Uranium and one bucket of Oxygen

Then crucibe recipe is wrong.. It say 1 Uraninite dust -> 3 uranium nuggets. I´m pretty sure, there is something borken with centrifuge recipe because it is illogical. Like with Magnetite (Fe3O4) you need 7 to produce 3 Iron dust and 4 (Buckets) of oxygen nor 1 Magnetite = 3 Iron and 4 Oxygen.

• I find another incorrect recipe.. Uraninite today. 1 Uraninite dust (UO2) in centrifuge output 1 Uranium dust and 2 Oxygen. I thing 3Uraninite is correct.

I made it 1 Uranium per uraninite due to balance reasons.

I think it should actually be UO2 -> U + O2
    So one dust of Uraninite turns into one dust of Uranium and one bucket of Oxygen

Oxygen and all the other diatomic elements are ALWAYS handled as 1, because you can't electrolyze an O2 into two O1s. So it's 1 U + 2 O.

So yes, the Recipe you see is 100% INTENDED like it is right now.

Edit: And the Crucible Smelting obviously has a loss, duh.

• I've yet to find a Diamond vein :'3

I think I found my first diamond by way of lots of branch mining, though hoping to score some from chests might be better than that. Later I found an actual vein by building a map of the veins I knew and carefully exploring spots where I hadn't found one yet.

...Even later I discovered that I'd already found that vein much earlier, but hadn't recognized it at the time because not knowing about the tooltips on I couldn't tell what a black granite diamond ore was.

• Hi Greg!

Too late for this week's update, but as the process speed is intended to be quite low, I was just wondering if there could be a
    "single player mode" for the distillation tower?

The basic idea would be to save the current time along with the tower's internal state each time the chunk is saved and then to process
    at a greatly increased rate until the time-credit is used up? (e.g. process 20x as much each tick for each elapsed second). If you were
    worried about fuel use exploitation, you could multiply by an efficiency factor, such that the energy content of what was lost would
    slightly exceed the fuel needed to heat the tower over that time.

Does this seem viable?

• I'm not sure why any particular reason would be needed (or if anyone but Greg could give one) but you shouldn't assume that you'll drive things with only one boiler at a time. Running 64 steam/t into a steam engine will generate 16 KU/t and run the machines. Reportedly a bronze engine will work.

Wait, I took the tool tip numbers as being the *maximum* the engine could do. If you can just throw more steam at them, then why would you ever use the higher tier metals?

How to get a pipe with water in may be a bit more of a problem...I wound up installing Railcraft (with most modules disabled) and building a water tank/collector to do it.

So no way to get fluids into the pipe with just GT?

Just connect a pipe to any side of a steam turbine or engine, and it'll collect distilled water.

Oh, I thought the tooltip said it outputs spent steam, not distilled water. Thought that meant you had to condense it in another step.

good luck and if ya need help I have plenty of videos to help you along the way ;)

Your videos are actually what got me to give GT a try.

• Wait, I took the tool tip numbers as being the *maximum* the engine could do. If you can just throw more steam at them, then why would you ever use the higher tier metals?

Tooltip numbers are generally not the maximum. Most machines, as indicated in the tooltip, can take anything from half to double their primary rated value (though for final machines they need high enough input to drive whatever recipe they're performing). Unlike turbines, steam engines don't say what their working range is, but apparently it's wide enough to generate 16 KU/t off the bronze one.

(I think the tooltip input/output values for boilers are the maximums, and burning boxes as far as I know always operate at exactly the tooltip rate. Solid ones do for sure.)

So no way to get fluids into the pipe with just GT?

I don't know of any way to get fluids from handheld containers or the environment into GT pipes without non-GT stuff or a Canning Machine (which requires electronics so not remotely an option). I can't say that there's no way but if there is nobody's told me about it.

(Fluid output from machines is no problem generally.)

• So no way to get fluids into the pipe with just GT?

If your fluid is in a Tank/Drum (so non-GT stuff) you can use GT pump covers to extract fluid and put it in a GT pipe.

But if your fluid is in the world, no there's no GT pump block at the moment to extract it from the world and put it in a GT pipe.

• No it doesn't. Also it is almost 1 Bucket per MINUTE, if you would have taken the time to calculate my 1350 Buckets per Day, you would know that.

And how the fuck should the Tower Operate that quickly? You do know that there is external Sources of Power and all that Stuff that would have to run aswell? Like Heaters or Burning Boxes? Not to mention that there is not enough Energy transferred to begin with due to other Limitations.

If you want processing to work while you are away, then place a Chunkloader, there is NO OTHER WAY.

Just waiting on the towers now :D

This thing really look like it would fit perfectly. Good Job guessing. :D

No it doesn't. Also it is almost 1 Bucket per MINUTE, if you would have taken the time to calculate my 1350 Buckets per Day, you would know that.

And how the fuck should the Tower Operate that quickly? You do know that there is external Sources of Power and all that Stuff that would have to run aswell? Like Heaters or Burning Boxes? Not to mention that there is not enough Energy transferred to begin with due to other Limitations.

If you want processing to work while you are away, then place a Chunkloader, there is NO OTHER WAY.

Wow. Thanks for talking to me like I'm stupid. I actually did do the calculation. And a lot of other calculations besides. I've got a whole sheet of them.
    Don't like the idea, fine - just say. It's your mod. But for SINGLE PLAYER, I've done the maths and the tower is my bottle neck by a very, very long way.
    (Also, the "catch-up" period simulating a period of activity that happened while a system was unloaded is a wildly popular technique, used in many games
    and mods - Kerbal Space Program springs to mind immediately.)

This thing really look like it would fit perfectly. Good Job guessing. :D

It's all based on the changelog and the answers you gave to my questions. I have the copper, stainless steel and invar needed to build 3.
    All of the pipes meet underground and route the outputs into 6 different 6.4 million litre tanks. The oil comes straight off the tanker into
    a 20 million litre holding tank....

• Wow. Thanks for talking to me like I'm stupid. I actually did do the calculation. And a lot of other calculations besides. I've got a whole sheet of them.
    Don't like the idea, fine - just say. It's your mod. But for SINGLE PLAYER, I've done the maths and the tower is my bottle neck by a very, very long way.
    (Also, the "catch-up" period simulating a period of activity that happened while a system was unloaded is a wildly popular technique, used in many games
    and mods - Kerbal Space Program springs to mind immediately.)

The thing is, what the heck uses 3 Buckets of Fuel per Minute? The Distillation Tower is actually an earlygame-midgame thing and is powered with 64-256 HU/t. Ofcourse you need more than one if you have a huge batch of Oil to process. It is not that expensive to build.

GT is way too complex for a catch-up period, if I added it to one thing, then I would need to add it to EVERYTHING. Chunkloaders are a thing in Singleplayer, better use those.

The thing is, what the heck uses 3 Buckets of Fuel per Minute?

The burning boxes needed to heat the towers to produce those 3 buckets consume 2,400 L/minute...

Generating 512 EU/t (assuming no losses and free distilled water) requires 3.2 buckets per minute.

Chunkloaders are a thing in Singleplayer, better use those.

These work while my PC is turned off? 8|

• The burning boxes needed to heat the towers to produce those 3 buckets consume 2,400 L/minute...

Generating 512 EU/t (assuming no losses and free distilled water) requires 3.2 buckets per minute.

BC Fuel isn't the only burnable thing you get out of the Towers, and as I said the Towers are more than self-sustaining regarding the Fuels they output. You will get much more Energy out of the whole thing than you expect.

And don't forget that unless your Oil Tanker has Infinite Oil, you will run out of it quickly. :P

These work while my PC is turned off? 8|

That kind of timeskip is something I would never allow, especially since there are computers with fucked up System Clocks. (I know two Computers of that kind)