[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• ^
    Double plates don't have any early-machine-game machine recipes. (do they have any at all?) Using hammers is kinda tedious :)

I think you can roll them out of double ingots? But you just have to make those with the hammer instead so it's no real help.

Eventually you could use a welding machine to make the double ingots, but that's laser-based tech.

• found a bug in .37

Steam boiler - Strong boiler recipe might be swaped, the strong ones cost normal plates while the normal ones want double plates

• found a bug in .37

Steam boiler - Strong boiler recipe might be swaped, the strong ones cost normal plates while the normal ones want double plates

Wait what? That would be a very weird Bug, and I looked at the Recipe, no its not normal Plates what you are looking at. It is DENSE Plates.

• So, I've mentioned this before, but it's still happening and I still don't know why - one of my lead boilers (on a solid-fuel invar burning box) occasionally drops to zero steam (the lowest position on the dial) and sticks there while the fire is going and its identical neighbor is working normally. The only way I know of to make it work again is to wrench and replace it. I have no idea what sets it off.

Anybody know what I'm seeing here?

• Allmighty Greg - i got a crash with my launcher
    With MultyMC is working
    before 6.03.34 it was working well with my launcher to

Code
    1. ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.
    2. Time: 12/13/16 10:16 PMDescription: Initializing game
    3. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassCastException: cpw.mods.fml.common.TracingPrintStream cannot be cast to gregapi.log.LogBuffer at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModPreInit(Abstract_Mod.java:147) at gregapi.GT_API.onPreLoad(GT_API.java:162) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212) at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119) at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556) at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878) at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at net.launcher.components.Game$4.run(Game.java:245) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: cpw.mods.fml.common.TracingPrintStream cannot be cast to gregapi.log.LogBuffer at gregapi.GT_API.onModPreInit2(GT_API.java:229) at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModPreInit(Abstract_Mod.java:130) ... 43 more

What is the reason of crash?

My Friend Found the reason

Gregtech.cfg
    B:LoggingErrors=false

The post was edited 1 time, last by ipbars ().

• First of all, why do you set the Config for Logging Errors to false? That is only an emergency Config in case it spams an Error all the time and you can't update GT.

Second: Your Launcher is probably set up improperly, because it can't create a GT Log File.

Third, that particular Crash will be fixed in the next Version.

• Ok, so did some creative mode testing and found more badly behaving pipe clues. As I said before, 4 bronze boilers going through bronze pipe into a steel turbine and centrifuge does not work. Interestingly, it does work with steel pipe, yet not large bronze pipe, which supposedly has even higher capacity than steel. Adding a fifth boiler makes it work with either pipe. Most strangely, with just the 4 boilers and the steel pipe, if you add one more section of pipe off to the side, with no openings in it, the centrifuge stops.

I think there are some rounding peculiarities with the pipe balancing code that cause the steam flow rate to sometimes be a little higher and sometimes a little lower. When trying to operate at just the minimum steam rate, this causes the machine to run one tick when it gets a bit above the minimum, then stop on the next when it goes just below. This jitter in the flow rate seems to depend on the type of type and configuration of the network. I suggest that the machines be changed to not shut down on the first tick where the input falls just shy of the required amount. Rather if say, up to a maximum of 5 ticks go by with the input still more than 80% of the minimum tier required before going back up, the machine should keep chugging along.

• Well, since I figured 5 bronze burners would correctly run the sluice juice through the centrifuge, I went back to my survival world and build one and got that going. Was happy for a few minutes until KABOOM. I used a section of small bronze pipe for the last bit going to the fifth boiler since that one pipe should be able to carry all of the steam from the one boiler and dump it into the larger trunk going past the other 4 boilers. Apparently due to another quirk in the way the fluid pipes work, this was not the case, and the fifth boiler exploded, taking out 4 of the 5 burning boxes, a pipe or two, and all of the charcoal. I called bullshit and cheated it all back in, and upgraded that last piece of small bronze pipe to regular bronze and it now seems to be working properly and very slowly producing small chromium dust, at a huge energy expense.

Ok, so did some creative mode testing and found more badly behaving pipe clues. As I said before, 4 bronze boilers going through bronze pipe into a steel turbine and centrifuge does not work

Just did a dozen tests of this. 10 of the 12 tests worked as expected, the centrifuge started, produced output on
    a 64 RU/t recipe, and remained stable longer than I could be bothered to watched them. The other two times the
    centrifuge worked briefly, then reset. Just to rule out a North-South/East-West bug, I tried both orientations.
    I had one failure on each orientation.

My guess is that you got unlucky with a run that was alternating between 144 and 240 steam every other tick.
    Shutdown, empty the pipe, count to 10, and then give it a re-try.

I wonder if there is some significance to the order in which the boilers and pipes tick, leading to a different
    volume of steam in the pipes when they distribute their contents? E.g. a pipe that distributes after receiving
    steam from both the pipe to it's left and the boiler underneath it will have a higher internal volume and pass
    a higher volume to the right than a pipe that distributes before the boiler has ticked. By the time the next
    tick comes around each will have received the same amount in between ticks, but have different amount left
    over from the tick before. I'm guessing that one of these is a figure that happens to balance out to a steady-
    state, while the other causes swings of high and low output. The 2 in 12 failures would then just be a result
    of bad luck - lighting the burning boxes on the wrong tick?

EDIT: just plastered the whole pipe network in Fluid-O-Meters. As expected, some pipes had stable values,
    some pipes fluctuated between two values, and one pipe had a complex cycle of 4 different values, I guess
    as some kind of super-position of the fluctuations in the pipes flowing into it. Some values were 192 higher
    than expected, I'm guessing because the meter ticks before the pipe. Crucially, two of the tests had the
    pipe directly connected to the turbine fluctuate by as much as 0 L - 384 L. When the bandwidth was limited
    to 200L/t by 2 Small Invar Pipes these stalled. However, if the pipe directly connected to the turbine was
    stable, then the system continued to run after limiting with 2 Small Invar Pipes. In other words - sometimes
    your pipes give you 192 steam/t, sometimes your pipes give you an alternating output higher and lower than
    this, and only averages to 192 steam/t.

EDIT2: attached picture: two identical set-ups, one stable, one not. I think that, without the addition of valves
    or restrictor pipes, precise steam management is basically a case of rolling dice until you get lucky.

• Hi Greg,

Minor observation - there is a small chance that your White Tallow Candle recipe
    is 144 times more generous than you intended it to be...
    (Recipe gives 3 candles per L of molten tallow, rather than per unit.)

• Is there any way to identify crop type/quality other than the crop-o-lyzer? I'd really like to get into some crop breeding but am not yet in the electrical age. I tried, and the magnifying glass doesn't do it.

• Is there any way to identify crop type/quality other than the crop-o-lyzer? I'd really like to get into some crop breeding but am not yet in the electrical age. I tried, and the magnifying glass doesn't do it.

Well, you can recognize crop type by visual identification (sometimes only at late maturation stages).

I'm not aware of any way to identify seed bags except remembering where you got them, or growing them.