[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Gregtech 6 have some problem when I use customoregen, the gregtech ore aren't generate in the right place. For example, their are some coal ore in stone, it must be the ore(Stone) right? but I got some other ore, they are NOT the Stone ore, they are sandstone ore. It let me very confuse. (Ore sands have same problem) MinecraftSheep MinecraftSheep MinecraftSheep

another question is all gregtech books aren't in the gregtech.lang :( MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid

• Gregtech 6 have some problem when I use customoregen, the gregtech ore aren't generate in the right place. For example, their are some coal ore in stone, it must be the ore(Stone) right? but I got some other ore, they are NOT the Stone ore, they are sandstone ore. It let me very confuse. (Ore sands have same problem) MinecraftSheep MinecraftSheep MinecraftSheep

Custom Ore Gen modifies GT Worldgen, what did you expect? That their Default doesn't do anything to your World? Well too bad that I can't do anything about it.

another question is all gregtech books aren't in the gregtech.lang :( MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid MinecraftSquid

They aren't there, that is correct. Technical reasons.

I just flooded my mines under ocean... I survived, but... that was FAST.

Yep, Ocean mining is more exciting now. ;D

• Im trying to install gregtech 6 (latest version) into the direwolf 20 1.7.10 pack (newest version). but when it tries to load, it comes up with mod sorting cycle error. I looked this up and it said to delete the cofh folder out of all the mods .jar files except for cofh core. I did this, but it still gives me the error. anyone have a solution for this?

• Im having another crash (I read the faq more carefully this time and I didn't see this one). it crashes during the game loading period.

• hello,
    just updated to 6.04.08, created new world, got spawned in the midst of ocean. Sand/gravel/probably other fallable blocks are not behaving properly. They remained in the air for some time (around 2 mins) after the block under it was removed, then - they fall like normal.

I kinda think it's because of ocean conversion process, but after it ends, the issue still in place, only blocks staying in air for much less time (10-15s).
    After some time issue dissapeared completely, but after ocean water starts it's conquest again, so starts the issue.

Also found that normal water also don't create streams during that process.

Loaded only IC2 + gregtech and issue are still there.

PS. In last attachment water stays in that state almost for a minute.

• If you really created a new World then it is NOT the Ocean Water that causes this. It is Worldgen in general that causes it.

This is what people commonly refer to as World Generation Lag, which makes the World slow. And if you start in the middle of an Ocean then you move around a lot to find a Landmass, meaning you generate a lot of World in a very short period of time, meaning that the tickrate is very slow during that process.

• Would the drain and its pipes still need to be chunkloaded when connected to ocean water? Or would it be like the 'Long Distance Electric Wires' so only the drain and the end point needs to be loaded(or perhaps only the endpoint)? The nearest ocean in my world I found is rather far, which makes me worry that I need to have a lot of loaded chunks.

• If you really created a new World then it is NOT the Ocean Water that causes this. It is Worldgen in general that causes it.

This is what people commonly refer to as World Generation Lag, which makes the World slow. And if you start in the middle of an Ocean then you move around a lot to find a Landmass, meaning you generate a lot of World in a very short period of time, meaning that the tickrate is very slow during that process.

if u say so.

I'am just never experience a lag, where only blocks like water and sand were affected. Mobs behave like they should during that time, machines from thermal expancion work without lag, and the issue only appears on latest (6.04.08) version of Greg, previous versions didn't have it under same circumstances.

• whenever I discover new areas in the world then everything lags, especially the world itself. I did test it and I saw the same lag you saw when discovering new areas. And the logs did say that Ticks were skipped because it couldnt keep up during worldgen, meaning machines do not work during those times where sand doesnt fall and water doesnt spread.

• So, if you have some tips with smelter/mixer/drums or something like this i'd be gratefull ;) (allow smelter doesn't exists anymore in GT6)

Hello!
    Small automatisaton:
    Smelter (put the right ingredients)-> mixer (wait) -> fluid pipe (back side + monkey wrench auto fluid output, watch the temperature!) -> mold (auto input on, and/or redstone signal)

Full automatisation:
    mod Applied energistic 2 + extra cell addon ;)

• I don't think that the Twilight Forest has any Ocean or Beach Biomes, and also no "Mushroom Island Shore" Biomes.

As for the Stainless Steel Setup, Why ddin't you just place the Mold Adjacent to the Mixer, instead of letting a Pipe run through?

• As for the Stainless Steel Setup, Why ddin't you just place the Mold Adjacent to the Mixer, instead of letting a Pipe run through?

Molds for more than one, for example. Long rod, plates, ingots...

• I do not use the forge biome dictionary, its a list of vanilla biomes.

Okay, I wasn't expecting that.
    However, I think that means that Biomes O Plenty Kelp Forest and Coral Reef biomes wouldn't get ocean water either, correct? The same might also apply to the BoP-overridden version of Ocean biome, depending on how you check for it.