[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

Historically, there have always been recipes like this in GT.

Redwheat! All those hours spent trying to breed Redwheat for the renewable source of Redstone and hence Chrome....
    Also, for the last half a dozen worlds I've created, I've aggressively built up a large town of villagers surrounding my base, despite the lag implications.
    Why? Because those Fusion Coils didn't just need Chrome - they needed Iridium Neutron Reflectors too...

1.33b
    Be-Cells now have a use in thick Neutronreflectors instead of Copperplates.

32 Coils, 32 Iridium Neutron Reflectors, 256 Thick Neutron Reflectors, 256 Be-Cells - that's either 4,096 Ender Pearls or 2,494 Emeralds.

And now, for no particular reason, I have a deep-seated need to be within easy reach of stupid quantities of Emerald....

Anyway, for the Helium-Neon, I just had a Steel Compressor sat directly over a Titanium Centrifuge - managed about 32,000 L in a weekend, I think.
    Be aware though - they mix 1L Helium plus 1L Neon to ***1L*** Helium-Neon - half what I was expecting.

• I always thought that it was quite hilarious that by the time you could afford to make the fusion reactor, you didn't need to make the fusion reactor.

• I always thought that it was quite hilarious that by the time you could afford to make the fusion reactor, you didn't need to make the fusion reactor.

This is because you tend to spend a lot of time creating renewable/easy energy sources instead of using cheap/fast energy sources, such that, by the time you can afford it, you already have a monstrous system to do the same thing. If you stuck to coal the whole time, you'd be hurting, but the reactor would be much nicer.. :)

• On Forestry support, honeydew needs to be convertable into straight honey. In a forestry squeezer, both honey and honeydew produce the same amount of liquid honey. True, you do have recipes for most things for both honey and honeydew, but when needing to make scented paneling, the only method to do so is the forestry carpenter which only uses liquid honey. Not being able to use honeydew for this greatly increases the amount of time needed to get the honey. Because of all the honey drops needed for analyzing bees and trees, actual honey drops are in short supply. Right now, I only have 2-3 stacks of honey drops, but over a dozen stacks of honeydew despite most of my bees producing normal honey drops.

• On Forestry support, honeydew needs to be convertable into straight honey. In a forestry squeezer, both honey and honeydew produce the same amount of liquid honey. True, you do have recipes for most things for both honey and honeydew, but when needing to make scented paneling, the only method to do so is the forestry carpenter which only uses liquid honey. Not being able to use honeydew for this greatly increases the amount of time needed to get the honey. Because of all the honey drops needed for analyzing bees and trees, actual honey drops are in short supply. Right now, I only have 2-3 stacks of honey drops, but over a dozen stacks of honeydew despite most of my bees producing normal honey drops.

So uhhm, why exactly don't you breed Bees dedicated for making Honey? Also as far as I know, Honey Dew can also be used in an Analyzer, I didn't test that recently, but it was possible in the past. Honey Dew will continue to turn into a Honey Dew Fluid, I will not change that.

• So uhhm, why exactly don't you breed Bees dedicated for making Honey? Also as far as I know, Honey Dew can also be used in an Analyzer, I didn't test that recently, but it was possible in the past. Honey Dew will continue to turn into a Honey Dew Fluid, I will not change that.

Well Greg, you are right. I don't know how I missed this with using forestry for years, but honeydew drops work just as well with the beealyser. I always thought is was only honey drops that worked. Never mind entirely then. Forget my request entirely.. Forget it ever existed.. :whistling:

• Hello! I'am little confused. I need titanium, but i don't know where to find it. I saw in config it will spawned on height from 10 to 40, but when i dig 4 chunks from ground to bedrock i don't find any titanium. Where is titanium ore? Or what is best way to get titanium?

• Hello! I'am little confused. I need titanium, but i don't know where to find it. I saw in config it will spawned on height from 10 to 40, but when i dig 4 chunks from ground to bedrock i don't find any titanium. Where is titanium ore? Or what is best way to get titanium?

I assume you don't yet know how gregtech ores generate. Every 3x3 chunks area generates a vein (a big vein, up to hundreds of ore blocks). Vein type is chosen randomly, depending on WorldGeneration.cfg (every possible vein has weight (bigger weight - generates more often) and may not be available in all dimensions). Ores replace various stones, sand, gravel, but not air or water. So in some cases a vein will be empty (like fully in water or fully above ground). An efficient way of finding veins is "prospecting" by vertical shafts (start on a center of known vein, then dig down (carefully) every 48 blocks). In my opinion, that is not fun - I prefer caving.

Now about titanium. If you can't find rutile vein, sluicing crushed ilmenite (from bauxite veins) for rutile byproducts is a decent alternative. Bauxite veins are quite common.

• I assume you don't yet know how gregtech ores generate. Every 3x3 chunks area generates a vein (a big vein, up to hundreds of ore blocks). Vein type is chosen randomly, depending on WorldGeneration.cfg (every possible vein has weight (bigger weight - generates more often) and may not be available in all dimensions). Ores replace various stones, sand, gravel, but not air or water. So in some cases a vein will be empty (like fully in water or fully above ground). An efficient way of finding veins is "prospecting" by vertical shafts (start on a center of known vein, then dig down (carefully) every 48 blocks). In my opinion, that is not fun - I prefer caving.

Thank you for information, you best!

Now about titanium. If you can't find rutile vein, sluicing crushed ilmenite (from bauxite veins) for rutile byproducts is a decent alternative. Bauxite veins are quite common.

I find a lot ilmenite, but i don't now how to get titanium from it. I will only have rutile dust or niobium dust, there are no titanium dust at all. I don't see how i can get titanium with it in NEI. What's wrong?

• The Titanium bearing ores all yield Rutile now instead of pure Titanium.

You will need a Smelter to make Molten Rutile, then a Mixer to mix it with either Sodium or Magnesium.

I got most of mine from Yellow Sapphire, next most from Ilmenite, then only traces from Bauxite.

Good luck!

• Molten rutile + magnesium dust in a mixer -> molten titanium. That recipe was hard to find for me. Rutile can be melted either in a smelter, or in a crucible. Now to take rutile out of crucible... You need some fluid container which will not melt. Like universal fluid cells (from IC2; and that is sort of cheaty). Cheapest way using GregTech would probably be tungstensteel drum, but I didn't test that yet.

P.S. mixer can output molten titanium directly into a mold. That is not some kind of exception, molds just accept molten metals or other things if they can solidify them into something.

• The Titanium bearing ores all yield Rutile now instead of pure Titanium.

You will need a Smelter to make Molten Rutile, then a Mixer to mix it with either Sodium or Magnesium.

I got most of mine from Yellow Sapphire, next most from Ilmenite, then only traces from Bauxite.

Molten rutile + magnesium dust in a mixer -> molten titanium. That recipe was hard to find for me. Rutile can be melted either in a smelter, or in a crucible. Now to take rutile out of crucible... You need some fluid container which will not melt. Like universal fluid cells (from IC2; and that is sort of cheaty). Cheapest way using GregTech would probably be tungstensteel drum, but I didn't test that yet.

P.S. mixer can output molten titanium directly into a mold. That is not some kind of exception, molds just accept molten metals or other things if they can solidify them into something.

Thank you all!

• How do you recycle your old machines and recover the metals? The machines contain more material than what will fit into the crucible.

• How do you recycle your old machines and recover the metals? The machines contain more material than what will fit into the crucible.

Shredder can do that, though it will often round down (look at mechanical safe for example) and will not give circuits back.

6.05.01: (Not released yet)
    [planned] Trees, yes Trees, worldgen, nothing that is required for anything ofc, but rubber trees are going to be amoung them.

2 questions Greg:
    Will these trees have more growth stages than sapling and fully grown?

Will you have your own versions of the Pam's trees, TFC trees, Forestry trees?

• It is just some additional Trees that I gonna add, they are like the vanilla Tree Stuff. And they are likely of the small kind. No complicated Tree breeding or anything, just simple Trees, some of them being similar to IC2 Rubber Trees.

Put them in the shredder.

So with GT battery boxes, you can set their output current to multiply the total eu/t going into a machine. Since they output voltage right in the middle of the tier, why doesn't that mean the only two useful current settings are 1 and 2? So why can they go higher? Wouldn't any higher setting overpower the machine?

• Greg, I know you said you didn't change the sluice juice to distilled water recipe, but it did get changed. The first screen shot is from GT 6.04.14, and the second is from GT 16.05.00. The recipe changed from 256 GU to 1600 GU. This slows the process down considerably.

The post was edited 1 time, last by netmc ().