[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Did you know that you can use a knife to cut not only grass but wheat and other crops too, and they would automatically go into your inventory.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Hello:

Is there any cover that can connect/disconnect a pipe when providing/losing a redstone signal?

GT5 has that feature. but I can not find that in GT6 :)

• In the new version, am I supposed to destroy the entire world by holding sneak+rightclick with a magnifying glass on my hand?

Uhhm what? I did that for the small pickupable (uppickable?) Rocks. Simple, non-sneak rightclick = tells you what the Rock is, sneak rightclick = picks it up. That way you don't have to switch to another Item in your Hotbar. ;)

• Greg, how would you go about playing a pack that revolves around your mod nowadays? Bear's Den hasn't been updated for a while and I don't know of any other pack. Should I just build a pack myself by picking from your list of compatible mods?

• Greg, how would you go about playing a pack that revolves around your mod nowadays? Bear's Den hasn't been updated for a while and I don't know of any other pack. Should I just build a pack myself by picking from your list of compatible mods?

Bears Den Packs are still updating about weekly, its just that Curse is so fucked up that they dont let Bear do any Packs anymore. Try going to https://bearsden.overminddl1.com

• Greg, in your patreon post you mentioned trying to change chisel recipes.

Here is an old attempt of mine to fix chisel having cobblestone textures mixed in with its "bricks" and vice-versa, among other things.

It might still sort-of work. (It never more than sort-of worked.)

I looked through this and according to it, my Code should work fine, but it doesn't at all. I don't trust its API anymore especially not if you need to do such a huge complicated thing for registering stuff.

• Maybe I got really lucky then? I've only found a few diamonds ( used the last dust to make a T1 extruder ), but I did manage to get a flawless to make the shredder pretty early.

• I really need a Log for that, sorry, because I couldn't find where that happened without it. Please replicate the Issue.

It's been a few days so I just thought I'd let you know I haven't been able to replicate the issue. It may have been caused by another mod in my pack (possibly Inventory Tweaks). If it happens again I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I had an idea for a storage block. The Storage Drawers mod has something called a Compacting Drawer that functions similarly to what I have in mind: A compacting drawer has 3 compartments. Let's say you put gold nuggets into one of the compartments. One of the compartments now displays gold nuggets. Then, the compacting drawer realizes you can convert between 9 nuggets and 1 ingot, so it displays gold ingots in another compartment. It then realizes you can convert between 9 ingots and 1 block, so it displays gold blocks in the third and final compartment. You can then place any of these three items in the drawer. As items are placed in the drawer, internally it crafts smaller items into their larger sizes to maximize storage utilization, crafting them back into their smaller sizes on player demand. This is pretty handy seeing as how I frequently convert to and from piles of varying sizes in GregTech, but the fact that it's limited to 3 compartments while there are up to 5 sizes of dusts (Blocks of Dust, Dusts, Small Piles of Dust, Tiny Piles of Dust, 1/72 Piles of Dust) is somewhat sub-optimal.

GregTech already has Item Barrels / Mass Storages and Dust Funnels, but what I'm proposing would be a hybrid of the two (possibly replacing the Dust Funnel): a Dust Storage. Imagine a block with an interface similar to a mass storage, but with functionality from both:

• The display would indicate how many units of dust are stored inside, and using a screwdriver on the display would cycle between the size it displays (e.g. blocks, 1/4 piles, etc).
    • The item preview would display a unit pile of whatever dust it stores / is configured for regardless of how much dust the storage actually contains.
    • Right-clicking the buttons would take out a single dust of the indicated size. For the button labels, I was thinking B, U, S, T, and 72 (for Block, Unit, Small Pile, Tiny Pile, and 1/72 Pile) would work.
    • Internally, it would store dust similarly to a crucible (material + long for amount)
    • The dust storage could accept items from any side just like the mass storage and dust funnel.
    • For any side but the front, you could use a monkey wrench to cycle between openings of various sizes similar to a dust funnel, or not have an opening (the default). When a machine attempts to pull from an opening, a dust of the appropriate size is pulled from storage if enough is available.
    • SHIFT+right-click the top with a monkey wrench to toggle automatic input from the top (makes the dust storage behave like a dust funnel / hopper). Turning on automatic input makes the top opening as large as possible, turning it off reverts to the configured opening size.
    • SHIFT+right-click the bottom with a monkey wrench to toggle automatic output from the bottom. The size of the dust outputted depends on the size of the opening configured on that side.
    • Use a plunger to empty the storage (as you would with a tank).
    • Soft hammer resets settings as it does with mass storage

Anyway, that's my suggestion. I think it'd be a nice addition to GregTech, so please give it some consideration. It doesn't need all the automation features, that's just something I thought of while I was writing this up. Primarily all I'm concerned about is having a more convenient means to convert between dust sizes.

• GregoriusT What about the some flammable dusts block are not supposed to be explosive even though the tooltips says flammable (NOT EXPLOSIVE). Because I died of one.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction