[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like to set nuclear energy to 5 times normal output in the config. It makes for a nice stepping stone between normal generators and the fusion generator. We could use some more advanced cooling components though, especially with plutonium cells.

• I don't think this Config would work at all. :D

I currently plan some compatibilities with Magic Stuff (see the IC-Wikipage in the section of Generators, which I updated 8 hours ago), while doing so I will add Thaumcrafts Nuggets to the unification Targets (Note that I didnt play with TC3 myself until now, but watched some other Players using it), ofcourse as long as they use a valid Nugget-Convention (9 Nuggets = 1 Ingot is pretty much all it needs).

Hey Greg! Just noticed that the mod updated, and this section of the config was updated to include a Thaumcraft option. Unfortunately I'm still not getting the correct nuggets when trying to gather up my research items. :S

Am I doing it wrong or is there anything else that I need to add to the configs to select the correct nugget recipe?

This is my default config:

Code
    1. unificatortargets {
    2. B:Forestry=false
    3. B:Railcraft=false
    4. B:Redpower=true
    5. B:Thaumcraft=true
    6. B:ThermalExpansion=false
    7. }
  • It have been posted into the suggestion forum but i'd like to see it in GregTech as a low-tier machine :

Here's an idea, Potato-Tron E52-A87, you give it potatoes, it gives power.

In computer cube Potato-Tron information maybe could have some portal 2 reference?

• As pointed out by this guy, should you be able to pump liquid mercury into an Industrial Grinder?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• It have been posted into the suggestion forum but i'd like to see it in GregTech as a low-tier machine :

In computer cube Potato-Tron information maybe could have some portal 2 reference?

i have 1000000 taters.
    YES

• As pointed out by this guy, should you be able to pump liquid mercury into an Industrial Grinder?

Far as I can remember greg hasn't added the ability to pump in a lot of liquids that are used as an alternative for grinding down ores or smelting dusts yet. No idea if he has any plans to do so... I don't feel like reading 20 pages back in the thread since this thread has hit over 300 pages :P :whistling: Right now we're all stuck using the cell forms of the liquids for that which doesn't prevent you from using a system with tanks from any of the major tech mods to auto-refill the cells and send them down the line to the machines which once used get sent back to the tank to be refilled.

• Funnily enough if you have a crapton of cinnabar ore from Thaumcraft 3 and smelt it down to get quicksilver you can take that quicksilver and craft it with a empty cell to get a mercury cell.

• Funnily enough if you have a crapton of cinnabar ore from Thaumcraft 3 and smelt it down to get quicksilver you can take that quicksilver and craft it with a empty cell to get a mercury cell.

What did you expect as quicksilver is just a different name for mercury (Hg) ?
    It is GT other-mod interactions =P

• I just noticed that there is a Railcraft rolling machine recipe for dense copper plates.
    Is there any way we can disable the traditional IC2 compressor recipe for dense copper plates so we can instead make copper blocks that way like all other storage blocks?

• What did you expect as quicksilver is just a different name for mercury (Hg) ?
    It is GT other-mod interactions =P

which I totally love, though I have a question for greg. Is it accurate that you can centrifuge Deep Iron dust and Shadow Iron dust into Steel dust from Metallurgy 2? I can only assume this one another greg tech other-mod interactions as well.

• A silly question: Translocator handles only full stacks?
    My layout: Centrifuge making making methane cells - Adv. Translocator - Gas Turbine.
    Centrifuge prodused four cells so far and nothing happened ...

• You're right: There are much easier ways to get high EU per tick than nuclear reactors. But, with very few exceptions, nuclear reactors are the best way to get high EU per fuel.

1 bucket of BC fuel in diesel generator (ignoring cost of refining): 384,000 EU

1 bucket BC fuel in RC steam boiler (assuming max boiler size and max temperature, ignoring cost of refining): 1,363,636 EU

1 refined uranium ingot in max efficiency nuclear system: 86,509,629 EU

Step 1: Make 8 near-depleted uranium cells
    Step 2: Put them in a breeder (after applying 8 coal dust) to make 8 re-enriched uranium cells
    Step 3: Put the re-enriched cells in an Industrial Centrifuge to make 3 near-depleted cells, 1 plutonium cell, and 4 thorium cells
    Step 4: Put the 3 near-depleted cells back in the breeder (after applying 3 more coal dust) to make 3 re-enriched uranium cells
    Step 5: Take those re-enriched cells and keep repeating steps 3 and 4. This will obviously not work if you only have 3 cells; I'm assuming you're doing this on a fairly large scale (e.g., if you start with 10 refined uranium, you'll have 80 cells in Step 3 and 30 cells in Step 5). Basically, every time you repeat the process, you get 3/8 of your re-enriched cells back:

8 + 3 + 1.125 + .421875 + .158203125 + ... approaches a limit of 12.8 cells. This means, for every refined uranium you put into the system, you get 1.6 plutonium cells and 6.4 thorium cells.

Step 6: Put those 1.6 plutonium and 6.4 thorium into Efficiency 7 (EA*) reactors (quad cell surrounded by iridium neutronreflectors, with cooling vents, etc.). These are the most fuel-efficient reactors possible. The thorium variety is fairly easy to build, and there are a bunch of different designs. The plutonium variety requires a mod like Nuclear Control to keep it from overheating; it's going to be Mark V no matter what you do, so you have to run it for a minute, then turn it off for a minute, etc. An Efficiency 7 thorium reactor generates 7,000,000 EU per thorium. An Efficiency 7 plutonium reactor generates 28,000,000 EU per plutonium.

28,000,000 * 1.6 = 44,800,000
    7,000,000 * 6.4 = 44,800,000
    Subtotal = 89,600,000.

Subtract the cost of centrifuging 12.8 re-enriched uranium cells. It costs 100,000 EU to centrifuge 8, so it costs 160,000 EU to centrifuge 12.8.

Subtotal = 89,440,000

Subtract the 800 EU it costs to compress the uranium in the first place:

Subtotal = 89,439,200

Finally, you'll need 25.6 coal dust to breed/enrich 12.8 cells. Subtract the cost to macerate 25.6 coal into dust: 20,480 EU. Also subtract the opportunity cost of not using that coal for something else (best use is coal coke + creosote in RC boilers): 2,909,091 EU

Total = 86,509,629 EU

This ignores the small amount of energy you generate from breeding. It also ignores the fact that you need one uranium cell to run the breeder. But overall, this is pretty close to what you can get from a single uranium, if you take the time to set up a good system for it. It doesn't generate a huge amount of EU per tick, but it does last a very long time.

• Well, it's MAGIC! Yes, I added those few Centrifuge Recipes.

XD so true, I'm actually glad they are there since if one can't find coal the player can opt to use some of the other materials he has and transfer it into something else. In this case I had a very bad time getting a supply of coal to grind down into dust so I could turn my refined iron into steel via the industrial blast furnace. I was smart enough to look in the centrifuge recipes and saw that deep iron and shadow iron can be centrifuged to get steel dust. Which works out perfectly since I had a spare supply of both, though shadow iron always seems in higher supply for me lol Basically I was still able to get steel to use for several important things :thumbsup:

• Far as I can remember greg hasn't added the ability to pump in a lot of liquids that are used as an alternative for grinding down ores or smelting dusts yet. No idea if he has any plans to do so... I don't feel like reading 20 pages back in the thread since this thread has hit over 300 pages :P :whistling: Right now we're all stuck using the cell forms of the liquids for that which doesn't prevent you from using a system with tanks from any of the major tech mods to auto-refill the cells and send them down the line to the machines which once used get sent back to the tank to be refilled.

Actually, in case you don't know, all the liquids and gases that are found in the cell form in GT are part of the Forge Liquid Dictionary, so you can change them to it's liquid form and put inside your generator! You can put Gaseous Methane in a tank to store it and just pump out some liquid to your Gas Turbine anytime you want!

• Hmm, you can do that? so Greg has implemented that?

EDIT: tested and worked; ok that's cool..
    EDIT2: too bad you can't pump mercury/sodium persulfate to grinder.. or tritium, deuterium to fusion reactor..

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• Why the hell is distillation tower refining so freaking expensive??? 2kk energy per process?? Screw that I ll use my astro-technological diamond-geared refinery.
    by the way, you forgot to add a recepie for crude oil (from same mod as oil sands)
    and 1 oil sand = 1 oil can is a bit of overkill, as a small trip can give 5-10 stacks of oil sands easily

• Hmm, you can do that? so Greg has implemented that?

EDIT: tested and worked; ok that's cool..
    EDIT2: too bad you can't pump mercury/sodium persulfate to grinder.. or tritium, deuterium to fusion reactor..

Yeah. It would be cool to pump mercury in the I. Grinder :/