[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• It's perfectly normal, she will be back when we all upgrade to 1.5.2 or 1.6.0.

About steam, IIRC you can transfer more steam/t (as in more than liquid/t) with liquiduct, and spwnX, again it's 5 bucket of steam for 1 MJ

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• It's perfectly normal, she will be back when we all upgrade to 1.5.2 or 1.6.0.

About steam, IIRC you can transfer more steam/t (as in more than liquid/t) with liquiduct, and spwnX, again it's 5 bucket of steam for 1 MJ

How sure are you? The last time she was MIA it was 9 months. A lot of people who hung around her and knew her well have lost contract with her for a while now. Even their puzzled with her last tweets then MIA. Someone might have angered her to the point where she gave up or maybe RL issues came up but they were getting easier or so she said.. Maybe she was fired who knows..

But one thing I can tell you is RP is obsolete. You guys are seeing all the critical bugs and issues coming up. It's time for us to move on.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Not too sure, the same as I'm not sure when 1.6 MC+full mod support will be released, but I'm sure she won't be back until months, I don't use much RP2 anyway, the only critical bug I found was with project table and shift+w shortcut..

EDIT: I only install RP2 because I haven't tried it before, (started playing mod after 1.3.2), and it's pretty fun to have easy CaCO3 from marble dust, or free diamond dust from nikolite, as you said it's obsolete..

The post was edited 2 times, last by noskk ().

• Suggestion: Tier 2 lightning rod. It would be a ridiculously hard to make multiblock structure requiring tons of supercondensators to handle the 10m EU packets. It would generate 1 billion EU per stike (here it says each strike produces 1 billion joules of energy: http://www.realclearscience.co…-as-an-energy-source.html) and last 1/2 a second, otherwise you would lose energy. I know 1 billion EU sounds like a lot, but it requires TONS of supercondensators to fully harness the energy.

The article also says it's "completely, utterly unfeasible to use lightning for electricity". So that gives you the idea that we should get more energy from lightning? If anything it would imply that even a normal lightningrod would need more advanced technology to even make this power accessible.

• The article also says it's "completely, utterly unfeasible to use lightning for electricity". So that gives you the idea that we should get more energy from lightning? If anything it would imply that even a normal lightningrod would need more advanced technology to even make this power accessible.

Are matterfabricators and IESUs possible in real life? No, but they are still in the mod. Gregtech is all about making super advanced machines and adding things that aren't possible in real life. So why not add a very-advanced lightning rod, since lightning is awesome? I think it would make the game more fun, and really the point of the game is to have fun. I guess that's just my opinion though.

• How sure are you? The last time she was MIA it was 9 months. A lot of people who hung around her and knew her well have lost contract with her for a while now. Even their puzzled with her last tweets then MIA. Someone might have angered her to the point where she gave up or maybe RL issues came up but they were getting easier or so she said.. Maybe she was fired who knows..

But one thing I can tell you is RP is obsolete. You guys are seeing all the critical bugs and issues coming up. It's time for us to move on.

my main uses of RP2 are for frames for moving things (mainly aura nodes) around and the circuits (though computercraft does the logic more easily). Is there any other mod that can be used to move the crystal core + totems around?

• Are matterfabricators and IESUs possible in real life? No, but they are still in the mod. Gregtech is all about making super advanced machines and adding things that aren't possible in real life. So why not add a very-advanced lightning rod, since lightning is awesome? I think it would make the game more fun, and really the point of the game is to have fun. I guess that's just my opinion though.

I guess you're right, it just struck me as weird that you would cite an article that basically says "lightning is not a feasible power source" as a reason why lightning rods should give more power. I do think for an advanced lightning rod (or even any lightning rod at all) you should have to use something other than iron fence. I guess you can imagine yourself what lightning would do to a long iron pole.

• It's definitely 5 bucket of steam/t.. you can't produce anything with 5 mB/t, and that water is 1 mB water for 160 mB of steam (maybe came from the fact that water density is around 170 times higher than steam density)

It is 5 mB/t = 1 MJ/t.
    There's no way you can move 5 buckets per tick (100 buckets per second!) with liquiducts or pipes. Golden waterproof pipes max out at 40 mB/t IIRC.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Well that's really helpful you fixed it in 1.5, too bad we will probably have to stay in 1.4 for a while. (*ahem* RP2 *ahem*)

Anybody who let RP2 do worldgen was asking for this, Eloraam is not exactly known for timely releases.

Yeah, those are kinda op, but try making a large scale Frame bore Legit. a 10x10 one costs over 400 iron :P

That's an incredibly tiny amount of iron.

Ermm, the limit of steam in liquiduct is 2080 mB/t, but yeah it's correct that 5 mB/t = 1 MJ/t.. I truly apologize :wacko:

I've pushed just shy of 4800 mb/t of steam (confirmed with steam turbines EU output) through a single liuquiduct. There is a limit, but it varies form liquid to liquid and steam is set high (I've heard 5000, but never confirmed).

• Well that's really helpful you fixed it in 1.5, too bad we will probably have to stay in 1.4 for a while. (*ahem* RP2 *ahem*)

Whose fault is it that you use RP2?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Red Power 2 is a mod that people struggle to return back into vanilla mechanics when it's missing. it was a pain (resource wise) to make a BC sorting system before and, in terms of Shrine Runner, it was a nightmare working with vanilla Redstone again, knowing I could compact it latter. I also use frames over pistons in most scenarios purely because you can make things more compact. I do hope Eloraam hasn't given up yet or at the very least, if she has, it would be nice to see someone else take over for her while she takes a break. I'm all for mod devs quitting after a while in order to move onto other project, all that I ask is that they could at least consider allowing other people to either help or take over to help ease the stress. Eloraam knows a lot of mod devs, who I assume she trusts, im sure they would be willing to help with her mod while she is away. Red Power has the best Redstone system in Minecraft in my opinion, that alone is a mod. for her to go out and make machines, world gen, power gen, computers and more in is a blessing. I'll admit that Red power has it's bugs but I dare you to find ANY mod that doesn't have a single bug in it, that includes bugs that can be exploited. I believe that Eloraam, LIKE MOST MOD DEVS AT THE MOMENT, is working on porting Red power to 1.5. I just used one of the recent IC2 versions and the latest Greg Tech, as of yesterday, and I could see that there are still several problems with it (unless Greg has intentionally swapped all the textures for his blocks to troll faces). No one knows the status of Red power, we can assume it's dead or we can assume its still being worked on. From what I have seen, it will take a lot for Eloraam to quit. I know from experience that the Shrine Runner map has become almost like a son made up of blocks to me now. I'm willing to believe that Eloraam is still working on it, and I will keep believing until she sais otherwise.

• Seriously? It isn't an April Fools joke or a bug...Didn't you guys read the change log? Greg put SteveofDoom's avatar on all of the textures (Troll Face). Greg, who is SteveofDoom and why did you put his avatar on all of the textures?

• Seriously? It isn't an April Fools joke or a bug...Didn't you guys read the change log? Greg put SteveofDoom's avatar on all of the textures (Troll Face). Greg, who is SteveofDoom and why did you put his avatar on all of the textures?

I think Greg mentioned about the reason, try to search it in this thread (top right corner with the "Search Thread" box)

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• Considering that greg mentioned that the fix was to set the computer's date to something other than april 1 or april 2, It probably is related to an april fools joke, either it is, or greg's "fix" is.

• Thank you for removing the version from the download link again. I know you had that there temp and it was really annoying not being able to guess the version or cracking the jar and checking the version file ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'm all for mod devs quitting after a while in order to move onto other project, all that I ask is that they could at least consider allowing other people to either help or take over to help ease the stress. Eloraam knows a lot of mod devs, who I assume she trusts, im sure they would be willing to help with her mod while she is away.

Having watched a few streams from forgecraft there have been numerous cases where devs there were asking other devs how dared they do anything to provide interoperability with RP2 stuff without eloraams consent. There were cases similar to even having saplings from her trees be used in automated farms or those xycraft growing blocks. She is draconian beyond belief and I'm almost certain when she does decide to stop developing RP2 she'll rather remove all traces of it from the internet than allow ANYONE besides herself to touch the code.

I'll admit that Red power has it's bugs but I dare you to find ANY mod that doesn't have a single bug in it, that includes bugs that can be exploited.

Of course there are bugs but I haven't seen a single mod claiming to be not released before it's "perfect" and/or bug-free and then come out with completely broken auto-ID resolving mehanism that doesn't work at all and even worse, clashes with any sort of other auto-ID resolving mechanism.

Also biggest problem with RP2 is not even that kind of bugs but sheer incompatibility with TONS of stuff and explicitliy disallowing other people to even try to provide it. E.g EBXL is not allowed to make RP2 plants grow on their biome. Her excuse has been "she has plans of her own to make it possible". Those plans are well over a year old and I'm sure we'll first see fully working official mod API than anything from Elo to make problems even as simple as plants in non-vanilla biomes go away.