[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hopefully Greg adds planet dimensions reachable through space rockets, the moon and mars?
    So we may "fly" to the moon using space rockets ?

My suggestion is :
    Space rocket is able to fly 250 blocks per second to the sky. Once it reaches a certain Y value (about 15000) you will get "teleported" to the moon at Y 15000, facing downwards.
    Once in the moon, you must use air cells or you will drown (out of air). Quantum suit auto-uses aircells. Air cell should only be obtainable with water (or byproducts).

If mars gets added, steve must make Space Rocket Mk2 (speed is 350 blocks per second) in the moon, then "fly" to there the same way he did to reach the moon. (Reach Y 30000)
    Space rocket Mk1 is Earth <-> Moon, while Mk2 is Moon <-> Mars.

If you are insane enough, you can try reaching 15000/30000 Y with gravisuit or any flying device, but you will run out of energy (or get bored).

• I've said it before and I say it again, she is pretty much a female and silent version of flowerchild in terms of how childish she is.

I would count the silence as an advantage in her favour at least. Nobody needs FC's verbal diarrhea. Also I'd say she is still more cooperative than him, even if just barely. I still like RP2, despite the unfixed bugs, but the worst part of RP2 is Eloraam. If she'd just loosen up a bit and take herself a little less and other a little more serious, the mod could still have a bright future ahead, but as it is right now I see it dying a slow and painful death.

Right now I'm looking for good replacements for all the different functions of her mod for future Minecraft worlds and possibly a server if I find the time and dedication to set one up. Some of the GT automation could replace the RP one, but I still find it lacking in some parts and also extremely expensive, so it is really only feasibly to build GT automation on a larger scale once you have a large amount of resources and a good power supply. I've looked into AE a little bit, and I like some of it's concepts, but I kinda miss the engineering you need with many other automations, as it is essentially inexplicable transformation of matter into energy/data and transmission through magic wire. I do like Railcraft for more realistic transportation over distances (more realistic than pipes or magic wire at least). Are there any other automations that I'm unaware of? I don't really want to resort to Buildcrash pipes and OP Factorisation routers.

• I've discovered a bug with the magic energy absorber in SMP when using an enchanted item to provide EU. Firstly it doesn't consume the enchantment of an item, it just provides unlimited power. Secondly, it spams the server log, every few seconds it will say:
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: by.a(I)Lcd;
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at gregtechmod.common.tileentities.GT_MetaTileEntity_MagicEnergyAbsorber.onPostTick(GT_MetaTileEntity_MagicEnergyAbsorber.java:89)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at gregtechmod.api.BaseMetaTileEntity.g(BaseMetaTileEntity.java:277)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at yc.h(World.java:2153)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:680)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    2013-04-10 19:02:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

Please check this out as I dont want to destroy my server with massive log files.

• Hopefully Greg adds planet dimensions reachable through space rockets, the moon and mars?

If you'd want to be realistic then before getting to the Moon you should get to LEO and GEO. There is a HUGE difference in difficulty in getting to each one of those. Also it would make far more sense to build the Mars ship in GEO/HEO than inside a gravity well of the Moon. Being able to do it in orbit would allow you to construct things you normally couldn't when you have gravity messing things up.

Though that doesn't mean you could get from LEO/GEO straight to Mars, there should be something on the Moon that you'd need for the trip (massive amounts of H3?).

Are there any other automations that I'm unaware of? I don't really want to resort to Buildcrash pipes and OP Factorisation routers

Tesseracts and water flow :-P

As for AE, yeah, it does have "magic wires" but thanks to that it is pretty close to lag-free. It's nowere near as taxing on system/network as any sort of pipe network. Turning off animations (blinking lights on any sort of update in the network) will make it completely lag-free.

• Greg can't handle space ;)

http://micdoodle8.com/

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I wont add Space Rockets. I will very likely add Stargates and Wormhole Drives somewhen, but not that kind of Rockets.

Got any ideas of possible destinations (rather than the solar system) ?
    Someday everybody will forget the earth and go for space mining with GregTech!
    If gravity could be changed somehow it would be nice. Maybe Jump Boost/Speed/Slowness on different planets.

• ... and planets with acidic atmosphere requiring you to shield everything with special covers and yourself with advanced armor :)
    Higher-gravity or lower/higher temperature/atmosphere pressure planets making (some?) machines less-efficient or requiring extra cooling/heating would also be interesting.

• @bove I am pretty sure that Black Holes are something very usefull, however, they aren't required to go forward in time.

-_-
    Fine, not time travel, Super slow ageing :P

• the problem with trying to do orbital mechanics in minecraft is that the world is flat, gravity is unidirectional, and the atmosphere extends forever. the best I can think of is just reaching a certain altitude, but that breaks down when you have more than one thing you are trying to reach.

• Tesseracts and water flow :-P

As for AE, yeah, it does have "magic wires" but thanks to that it is pretty close to lag-free. It's nowere near as taxing on system/network as any sort of pipe network. Turning off animations (blinking lights on any sort of update in the network) will make it completely lag-free.

Oh yes, the good old water flow XD Well I guess from 1.5 onwards you could also count vanilla hoppers, droppers, dispensers, etc. for fully automatic systems.
    Tesseracts are just incredibly lame and OP. Well I guess Ender Storage enderchests are too and I do use those for convenience so I can access and drop off items while I'm not at my base.
    And for AE, the lag-freeness is probably one of the most attractive things about it, and I might actually use it, most likely in combination with GT automation. I think I'll still miss RP automation if I get rid of RP at some point. Anyone have an idea how best to automate apiaries without BC or RP? GT automation would be both really expensive as well as bulky for that I'd think, since the electric sorter can only direct item flow into two different directions and I would need three, so I'd need two sorters in a row.

• To be honest I can't imagine automating bee stuff without apiarist pipes.

I'm doing it with RP sorting machines right now, works out pretty good. But if bad comes to worse I could still fall back on BC for that. Even though I will probably hate it.

• Not quite a bug report but just a notice for others:

I started using the bytecode-fixed version for 1.4.7 and noticed there are two industrial centrifuges: ID 702:11 and 702:62 with first one being almost solid gray looking, haven't tried to place it in world yet. The crafting recipe for it creates the second one that works perfectly. Problem is some recipes still require the first one to create. One such is the distillation tower.

I guess I'll just use cheat mode to spawn two "wrong" ones, delete the proper ones to get it crafted.