[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• YES! I wish an EU-using aqueous accumulator existed in 1.4.7 :(
    MJs are super annoying to store, requiring that energy cell which takes a lot of stuff.............. and junk.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I have the Interface IMachineBlockUpdateable for Machines, which need a Machine Block Update. The Function in there gets called, whenever a Machine Block gets placed or removed from the Map. All my MetaTileEntities and the regular Machine Casings cause said Updates (GregTech_API.causeMachineBlockUpdate(x,y,z)) when being placed.

When you then receive the update in your TileEntity, set a boolean variable to true for checking the casings in the next Tick, because if multiple updates happen during one tick, then your Machine doesnt scan all Blocks everytime.

very clever, saves a lot of lagg I assume :D I decompiled gregtech but it seems like big parts are obfuscated, as example i see the word "aPlayer" very often, is this obfuscacion or a variable? decompiling purely for learning purposes :D in which class are you introducing the ic2 api? I'd like to learn about it w/ code ;)

• What program are you using?

Eclipse, im trying to just open the Class File directly which is probably a huge mistake :P

• I used JD-GUI which worked fine. Which file did you try to open?

GT_MetaTileEntity_Wiremill.class

let me try JD-GUI
    EDIT: Oh wow, thx ^^
    Also, how do i Compile it back into the Gibberish .class to put back into the Gregtech mod folder?

• I decompiled gregtech but it seems like big parts are obfuscated, as example i see the word "aPlayer" very often, is this obfuscacion or a variable?

That is a Parameter. I have the system, that I add the prefix "a" to Parameters, "t" to Variables, "r" to returned Variables, "s" to static Variables and "m" to the Member Variables of an Object. And static finals are usually in Allcaps.

The IC²-API and all other APIs are mostly used inside GT_ModHandler. Note that the RC-API inside GT_ModHandler is currently not properly updated in 3.01b, as CJ made more use of the new Systems in 1.5.1 and Forge, than me.

• are some parameters in some classes called par 1/2/3/4 etc. on purpose or obfuscation? also, is a parameter a optional argument or what?

• If a Parameter is called par1 or similar then its usually original Minecraft Code, or copypasted MC-Functions. And if you dont know if a Parameter is optional or not then I would read a book (or internet Site) about Java. There are many of them out there.

• On a serious note. Who here likes CPW Solar Panels here better because its a constant even plain of upgrades where the other mod is pretty easy and cheap and even worse for people who just build second tier solar panels and leave it at that like on my other server? I always loved CPW because its as hard from the start as its to the end. The only maybe diff is between the tier upgrades but if you make it hard then more people just play you know 64x solar panel down rather then 512 ones. This must be also kept in mind for server admins.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I always liked the simple compact solar panels never made more than one or two 512 ones and that was just because I could. For my portable miners use three of them to a batt box then to the miner and pump works slick
    ..... :Solar Panel:
    :Solar Panel: :Batbox: :Miner: :Personal Safe:
    ... :Solar Panel:

• V3.01c:
    Fixed several things.
    Added Liquid and Item Meters as Covers.
    Added Solar Panel Cover. Yes you can place them on the Side too, but that is very retarded.
    Added Drain Cover, which can suck adjacent Liquid Blocks in.
    Added Item-Valve Cover for making transfer of Items, Liquids and Energy in one Line.
    Added Machine Box. It's just a Box, nothing else. Even if it makes special Effect Noises, when a certain Sponge is in it.

• I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to learn to make mods (besides the obvious learn java part... which I am doing). I'm asking here because gregtech seems to be good in the "attention to detail" part of modding.

Just too much fun... GregTech...

• I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to learn to make mods (besides the obvious learn java part... which I am doing). I'm asking here because gregtech seems to be good in the "attention to detail" part of modding.

All I know is if you can't program in normal java and make some simple games and programs and try to mod you will be only hurting yourself and ruining your process of education. Lot of people do that thinking they will learn lots of java from just the modding part but actually cause more harm then good.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.