[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg,
    What's with all the mods that say;

[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/example/textures/items/redmatter_hoe.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

It makes booting up my MultiMC instance take aaaages.
    Is there any way that I can stop it?

• Greg,
    What's with all the mods that say;

[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] TextureManager.createTexture called for file mods/example/textures/items/redmatter_hoe.png, but that file does not exist. Ignoring.

It makes booting up my MultiMC instance take aaaages.
    Is there any way that I can stop it?

Yeah you could try to get rid of said Mods, or you could bug the Mod Authors to fix dat shit.

• It's not the fact that textures are missing that makes it take longer, it's the fact that textures are split into individual files. This issue is actually the fault of default behavior in ImageIO and not anything specific in Minecraft. The issue is known and will be fixed in Vanilla, but no one's gotten around to fixing it in Forge yet.

• It's not the fact that textures are missing that makes it take longer, it's the fact that textures are split into individual files. This issue is actually the fault of default behavior in ImageIO and not anything specific in Minecraft. The issue is known and will be fixed in Vanilla, but no one's gotten around to fixing it in Forge yet.

Hey Vaht,

The freeze is only happening on the textures that aren't found. All of the 'found' textures are super fast at loading.

Greg,

Why did you nerf the TE Induction Smelter Bronze recipe to 1 Bronze? I can understand nerfing the crafting, but the TE recipe, that's just uncalled for.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Greg,

Why did you nerf the TE Induction Smelter Bronze recipe to 1 Bronze? I can understand nerfing the crafting, but the TE recipe, that's just uncalled for.

Not to mention that it hacks past the TE config setting of not allowing recipe overloading from other mods...

• Dungeon chests

Can the printing factory make them?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• Not to mention that it hacks past the TE config setting of not allowing recipe overloading from other mods...

Is it now a race to see which mod can boot last? and have the final say.

EDIT:

immibis! You're from Wellington?

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Is it now a race to see which mod can boot last? and have the final say.

Just an idea but what stops someone from having their mod "fix" therecipes, say, a minute after the game has loaded completely bypassing the mod load order? Sure, it might not be easy to hack around there once things are initialized but I see no reason why it would be completely impossible.

Or in other words, there is absolutely no defense against recipe-tinkering.

• immibis! You're from Wellington?

Yes.

Just an idea but what stops someone from having their mod "fix" therecipes, say, a minute after the game has loaded completely bypassing the mod load order? Sure, it might not be easy to hack around there once things are initialized but I see no reason why it would be completely impossible.

Or in other words, there is absolutely no defense against recipe-tinkering.

Inb4 arms race between GregTech and Omnitools.

Edit: Also a wrench nerf in GregTech which can't be turned off because "unlimited durability wrenches are exploitable".

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Agreed, the wrench thing is kind of silly. We have some tools at home that are older than I am... and I've held a fulltime job for the past six years, after finishing university. MinecraftCreeper

And aside from being in dire need of some polishing, they still do their job perfectly fine...

• Is there really no way to make the advanced pump work any faster? I tried feeding it with 512EU/t and attached two quantum tanks directly to it with the pump covers. Only one of those tanks got filled at around 1 bucket per second. Plain-old BC pump gets a bucket per tick when fed enough energy.

"Build more pumps" would be the obvious solution but I hoped I could avoid it.

• Set something on fire near the portal entrance. I heard lava could do it.

I also noticed that if I tried pumping water in test world the adv. pump drained blocks from under the surface ("drill" head reached 2 blocks below surface). I now have a river covered with floating water: http://i.imgur.com/UdNpFjg.png

The post was edited 3 times, last by hoho ().

• Is there really no way to make the advanced pump work any faster? I tried feeding it with 512EU/t and attached two quantum tanks directly to it with the pump covers. Only one of those tanks got filled at around 1 bucket per second. Plain-old BC pump gets a bucket per tick when fed enough energy.

"Build more pumps" would be the obvious solution but I hoped I could avoid it.

One solution that I tried was throwing a battery upgrade of some sort (I used an Energy Crystal upgrade) and trying it then, and that seemed to work (although I wasn't looking too closely at it).

@archan: Usually, I wind up finding a random steel ingot in a dungeon chest somewhere, and break that up into nuggets and work from there.

• One solution that I tried was throwing a battery upgrade of some sort (I used an Energy Crystal upgrade) and trying it then, and that seemed to work (although I wasn't looking too closely at it).

I had lithium battery upgrade that doubled the energy storage in pump but it didn't seem to have absolutely any effect. I'm quite sure that the pump was getting enough power, the 200k internal storage filled up fast and didn't ever drop.

• ... greg?
    If you want to edit the reactor system, will it be configurable to work side by side with the original one or turned of to leave the original one?
    Because I use Advanced Reactors and don'T want to have too many incompatibilities there.
    - Shadow

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Not to mention that it hacks past the TE config setting of not allowing recipe overloading from other mods...

Uhhhm what? I did nothing in regards to these two. I dont hack into the TE Config and I also don't nerf TE Bronze Recipes. Especially not to 1 Ingot per 3Copper 1Tin.

@Wrench: I needed a better System than implementing stupid Interfaces, so I made my own one. And since my System lets the Machine damage the Wrench it works only if it actually damages the Wrench.

@Flint&STEEL: Either use other burnables like Lava or get yourself a GT Blast Furnace, which doesnt require any Netherwork. Not to mention all that Steel in Dungeon Chests.

• Not to mention all that Steel in Dungeon Chests.

protip - one can "smelt" the steel armor/tools in regular furnace to get all the steel needed. I was able to build 1700K blast furnace and several tools before actually producing a signle piece of steel by myself.