[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hi I want to ask, if you can add to your amazing mod some little thing. It’s about Grinder. It can recieve water directly from some pipes (like liquiduct) it’s usefull I dont have to use water cell. But in some recipes is needed Mercury (Sheldonite). However Grinder doesn’t support recieving Mercury from pipe (I must still use cells). Can you please modify Grinder to recieve Mercury liquid from pipes? Thank you very much.

And sorry for my english.

• Sorry, after removing and placing grinder again it started to work.
    It takes water in, but does not use it... will play will it in creative later and maybe would be able to find that's wrong.

Can you read?

Hi I want to ask, if you can add to your amazing mod some little thing. It’s about Grinder. It can recieve water directly from some pipes (like liquiduct) it’s usefull I dont have to use water cell. But in some recipes is needed Mercury (Sheldonite). However Grinder doesn’t support recieving Mercury from pipe (I must still use cells). Can you please modify Grinder to recieve Mercury liquid from pipes? Thank you very much.

Ahem, thats already possible in the 1.6.2 Version.

• Can you read?

Yes, it fills itself nicely after you place it (does not show it, yes), but then i put ore in it it does nothing but if i add water cells it works normal.
    Or it should not process items w water taken from drain?

• Yes, it fills itself nicely after you place it (does not show it, yes), but then i put ore in it it does nothing but if i add water cells it works normal.
    Or it should not process items w water taken from drain?

Found the Problem. I copied the Code of the Centrifuge and the Electrolyzer for the Fluid Stuff, but these two have Liquids as primary Slots, while the Grinder has them in its secondary Slots, making it check for the Liquids in its primary (Ore) Slot instead of the secondary one.

-----

Is there any way of getting Adventure Mode without having to start the World in Cheat Mode? If not then I will add a Config to force people to Adventure Mode after they joined the game, as long as they are not in Creative Mode, ofcourse defaulting to false. Could be useful for Server owners as well, so they dont need Command Blocks for that.

• Is there any way of getting Adventure Mode without having to start the World in Cheat Mode?

NEI has options for setting the adventure mode. you could probably "borrow" the code from there.

• NEI has options for setting the adventure mode. you could probably "borrow" the code from there.

I know how that works. I meant if it was necessary to add such a Feature, as in, if it's already there in vanilla and I overlooked it.

either command (cheat or block) or NBT edit. No other way afaik.

Then I will add a Config for forcing any Survival Player into Adventure Mode. Can be useful on Servers.

• Then I will add a Config for forcing any Survival Player into Adventure Mode. Can be useful on Servers.

I just wonder what is the difference between survival and adventure if you can still break all the blocks, given tools.

Command block in world generation?

• The difference is that you MUST use the Tools. You can't just punch a Tree, or Dig out Dirt by Hand. And there are several occassions where people dont use Tools, but punch stuff with their Hands.

Also I made sure that every vanilla Block has the correct Tool to break it, so it's definetly possible.

• You are supposed to start w bonus chest and axe in it

Not quite. The Axe inside is random. But most of the time, there is more than enough Wood inside to make a Workbench and an Axe, and for the rare case if its not enough, you can still restart.

Edit: Added a Config to give anyone, who gets set to Adventure a Flint Axe.

• Regarding the Greg-Tech-Hardmode:

sinde GT adds it's own Copper and Tin, I'll deactivate them from IC2 and any other mod that adds them. I'll plan on playing with these mods (as far as world gen is concerned):

IC2 + Greg Tech
    Railcraft
    Buildcraft
    Forestry

Is there anything else I should deactivate for "Hard Mode"?

Configs I am planning on using:

*Harder Stone
    *Stacksize = 16
    *Adventure Mode

*Forestry on Hard with Insane Bee-Mechanics.

Any Ideas? I want it to be as hardcore as possible :P
    --------------

Quoted from "SirusKing"

But how do you make said tools if you can't punch wood?

You are supposed to start w bonus chest and axe in it

You don't actually need the bonus chest. You can just raid a village and hope for some tools.

We have not enough minerals! ~Executor

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

• You can play on actual hardcore setting :)

Biomes'o'plenty is another rather nice mod but it adds insane amount of biomes and it makes villages significantly rarer. It also has some biomes that could be considered somewhat OP (volcanoes with tons of above-ground lava)

[edit]
    Since when are obsidian, block of iron and bricks equivalent for making coal chunk for industrial diamonds? o_O

The post was edited 2 times, last by hoho ().

• /gamerule naturalRegeneration off (You have to make regeneration potions or golden apples)

Reducing stacksize is way too hardcore in my opinion, but thats up to you anyway.
    Does reducing stacksize affect the stacksize inside inventories (aka the distillery that requires more than 16 cells for example).

Now that grinder supports liquids (other than water), implement that feature for centrifuges, electrolyzers, distillery and any other block that has liquid usage/processing.