[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, can you add an electric horse armour? (crafted with Iron Horse Armour, energy flow circuit and a magnetiser).
    It allows horse wearing the armour to be magnetised on Iron Fences.

• Greg, can you add an electric horse armour? (crafted with Iron Horse Armour, energy flow circuit and a magnetiser).
    It allows horse wearing the armour to be magnetised on Iron Fences.

I was actually going joke around and bug Player about that lol.

So I started my LP Series on Episode 2 exploring and having fun also taking my time + the forced taking my time thanks to Greg btw I love it a lot anyways.

Tell me if this looks wrong or right to you guys? Also is there a easy or simple repair system like using the file on say the sword to make it useful again I assume not besides the vanilla anvil stuff that just takes way to many resources low level in the game.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Kane, before actually starting the series I'd suggest looking up a BC oil spawn in water and see if it has flowing or non-flowing oil on the surface level. There is/was a MAJOR bug in Forge that caused a ton of issues with liquids that was fixed about 1-2h ago. Also the current BC version doesn't support picking up oil with buckets.

I'm in process of recompiling both Forge and BC to contain the fixes as i write this. It'll take a while as I also need to set up workspaces for them :)

• Kane, before actually starting the series I'd suggest looking up a BC oil spawn in water and see if it has flowing or non-flowing oil on the surface level. There is/was a MAJOR bug in Forge that caused a ton of issues with liquids that was fixed about 1-2h ago. Also the current BC version doesn't support picking up oil with buckets.

I'm in process of recompiling both Forge and BC to contain the fixes as i write this. It'll take a while as I also need to set up workspaces for them :)

Hmmm, This might suck a lot for me LOL, I mean I be willing start over can you tell me what to check like oil looks normal besides when lighting hits it and catches on fire :P

• Well, considering both BC and Forge got their fixes within ~8 hours and none have gotten any releases since then it's guaranteed that you have those problems :D

Assuming I get them compiled I can give you the binaries. I'm not sure if you need to reboot the world or not to get the oil fixed. I should get BC recompiled soonish to see if I can pick up the oil in buckets and see if the underwater oil is actually oil or just water. If it has turned to water then you'll need to reboot for sure (if you want to have the oil, at least) :)

• Well, considering both BC and Forge got their fixes within ~8 hours and none have gotten any releases since then it's guaranteed that you have those problems :D

Assuming I get them compiled I can give you the binaries. I'm not sure if you need to reboot the world or not to get the oil fixed. I should get BC recompiled soonish to see if I can pick up the oil in buckets and see if the underwater oil is actually oil or just water. If it has turned to water then you'll need to reboot for sure (if you want to have the oil, at least) :)

Okay thanks. 2nd episode I forgot to go full screen ffs so I might as well only hour wasted lol.

This what my oil looks like though:

• Good news, everyone!
    I apparently blew the problem a tad bit out of proportion due to forgetting that fluid-eating-fluid only worked between flowing blocks, not source ones :D

I also made that bucket problem to be a far bigger issue than it was due to not realizing it probably still worked with pumps. Sorry for that! Everything should be working just fine with latest public releases as well, you'd just not be able to pick up oil (and fuel) with buckets. If you do want to have that either wait for next public release or get the attached BC version.

• Good news, everyone!
    I apparently blew the problem a tad bit out of proportion due to forgetting that fluid-eating-fluid only worked between flowing blocks, not source ones :D

I've attached the recompiled BC with the bucket fix. I also made that to be a far bigger issue than it was due to not realizing it probably still worked with pumps :D

If you know how make diff's you should submit it on github :)

Also yeah I was testing before the fix and so far it was working just fine:

• If you know how make diff's you should submit it on github :)

Sorry for not being clear. I didn't change a single piece of code in BC, I just pulled their latest changes and compiled a version on my own. The fix was made by viliml

The liquid-eating problem is mostly cosmetic but could also cause performance issues.

• Sorry for not being clear. I didn't change a single piece of code in BC, I just pulled their latest changes and compiled a version on my own. The fix was made by viliml

The liquid-eating problem is mostly cosmetic but could also cause performance issues.

Oh I get it you had to recompiled it again against forge :P Btw do you know about nallars site?
    http://nallar.me/buildservice/job/Buildcraft/

• Yeah, I do know about it. I just assumed it lagged behind somewhat and didn't have the latest version. So, without checking it I just went and set up BC dev env for myself. Took a while but I can't complain for having it :D

Hello, Not a issue there was only saving you time but doing what your doing you are actually learning something and not being a mindless drone like me ;)

Thanks anyways I think I'm going start fresh period I screwed up episode 2 not fullscreen... I don't feel like crop rendering it lol.

So any tips while starting out...

I assume go wood to stone then work on either iron or bronze pick to get rare things like diamonds and just keep using stone for a while maybe make quartz tools if I go to the nether.

Any tips around them lines ;)

Another reason to start over I had this damn oil enabled:

# Set to true if you do not wish for Galacticraft oil to generate.
    B:"Disable oil Gen on Overworld"=false

• Can some1 tell me if Gregtech ores are automatically added to IC2 miner list or not? And is S:valuableOres config even useful?

They are and I also think he adds other mods into it too not 100% sure on it.

• I generally get a few stone/flint picks and a ton of torches and go caving for three quartz dusts. Once I have those I get the AE hand-grinder. If you use oregen that adds a ton of tin/copper to world (IC2) then I'd go straight to bronze tools saving iron for initial machines.

For machines I go for plate bender ASAP to save half of metals when crafting plates. I'm not quite sure what I'd get next. Extractor is nice but once you get even a single rubber tree sapling setting up a big enough farm is easy. Assembly machine is also good but I'd need ind. electrolyzer first to get silver.

• I generally get a few stone/flint picks and a ton of torches and go caving for three quartz dusts. Once I have those I get the AE hand-grinder. If you use oregen that adds a ton of tin/copper to world (IC2) then I'd go straight to bronze tools saving iron for initial machines.

For machines I go for plate bender ASAP to save half of metals when crafting plates. I'm not quite sure what I'd get next. Extractor is nice but once you get even a single rubber tree sapling setting up a big enough farm is easy. Assembly machine is also good but I'd need ind. electrolyzer first to get silver.

Frack, Thanks to you I totally am going remember the AE Hand grinder.. I was just smelting my ore away it was sad. And the flint tool what can it mine?

• And the flint tool what can it mine?

Flint tools are just stone tools with twice the durability. I like them as they save quite a bit of wood and inventory space early game.
    Also, for the tools I go with hammer->file->saw for obvious reasons.

What oregen have you enabled, btw? I feel like IC2 has WAY too much copper and tin and going pure GT seems a bit excessive considering how using BoP makes it far from easy to find the proper biomes for their equivalents..