[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Railcraft Sulfur and Saltpeter are biome-dependent ores. Sulfur only spawns near lava lakes under Extreme Hills, and Saltpeter only spawns in deserts (or the like), in very rare but very large (regenerating!) deposits, just below the surface.

edit: I have encountered RC Sulfur many times... but I still have yet to actually find a Saltpeter deposit.

• I was turning off all the GT nerfs but I couldn't find how to turn off the bronze and scaffold nerf. Anyone know how?

Yes, i do. You can't for scaffolds, for bronze see posts below.

• I was turning off all the GT nerfs but I couldn't find how to turn off the bronze and scaffold nerf. Anyone know how?

Isn't the bronze nerf B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true ?

Two nerfs that GT does not allow configuration:

• Scaffolds produce 4
    • Tin can no longer make Buckets
  • Hi Greg, I couldn't reach 3000 K with ind. blast furnace (the maximum I could reach was 2880 K that's with 34 advanced machine casing+2 lava buckets), is this a bug or... there's something else to be done to reach that number.

The post was edited 4 times, last by noskk ().

• Hi Greg, I couldn't reach 3000 K with ind. blast furnace (the maximum I could reach was 2880 K that's with 34 advanced machine casing+2 lava buckets), is this a bug or... there's something else to be done to reach that number.

According to the FTB wiki, having 34 Advanced Machine Casings and two lava buckets would make it reach a heat of 3900k, enough for Tungsten.

• According to the FTB wiki, having 34 Advanced Machine Casings and two lava buckets would make it reach a heat of 3900k, enough for Tungsten.

Unless he was using the beta of GregTech, where advanced casings only give 70 capacity per, instead of 100 capacity. You need to upgrade your blast furnace with heating coils in order to squeeze out that last bit of heat capacity.

• Yeah I was using GregTech Beta. Ah ok, so that's how you get that number... thanks :D

EDIT: ok that's a big buff to industrial blast furnace, don't even have to make any advanced casing anymore for it since 34 reinforced machine casing +2 lava source+2 upgrades with each of kanthal and nichrome heating coil give a total of 3200 K..

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• Yeah I was using GregTech Beta. Ah ok, so that's how you get that number... thanks :D

EDIT: ok that's a big buff to industrial blast furnace, don't even have to make any advanced casing anymore for it since 34 reinforced machine casing +2 lava source+2 upgrades with each of kanthal and nichrome heating coil give a total of 3200 K..

I don't get what you had to do. What do you mean upgrade the Blast Furnace?

• You right click the industrial blast furnace while holding kanthal coil/nichrome coil, install the kanthal coil before nichrome coil.

• Is there any chance to make both of the blast furnace inventory slots be able to get filled from top? For some reason when I use the ME interface to make steel it only inputs to the top slot and not to the bottom one. It surely would make automating steel production with AE a whole lot easier if I won't have to figure out how to force the coal dust to get to bottom slot and refined iron to top :)

I'm sure I could use something like inventory manager but for something so basic as steel it seems like a massive overkill.

[edit]

A little note to others trying to upgrade blast furnace with coils:
    you need to have (at least) four of them in your hand to be able to do it. Took me a while of derping to understand why I wasn't able to do it with just the ones I got from a single run of rolling machine :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• I'm a noob at Java and want to learn how to make mods in Minecraft. I'm just curious, how did you learn to code Java? I'm thinking about attending this camp, but it's really expensive and I feel like I could get the same experience by teaching myself.

I learned it at University, even though only the first three Semesters, then they thought "Hey lets add some nonsense to the Lecture Plan, and remove the good things like Computer Game Programming, because we are out of Professors for that kind of Lectures".

For the Bronze Nerf of Forestry: I nerfed it even more by returning only 1 Ingot instead of 2, because I added the Alloy Smelter.

• Is there any chance to make both of the blast furnace inventory slots be able to get filled from top? For some reason when I use the ME interface to make steel it only inputs to the top slot and not to the bottom one. It surely would make automating steel production with AE a whole lot easier if I won't have to figure out how to force the coal dust to get to bottom slot and refined iron to top :)

I'm sure I could use something like inventory manager but for something so basic as steel it seems like a massive overkill.

You should be able to use the Advanced Buffer for that. If I understood it correctly you should also be able to use it as energy input in the current beta if you put a transformer upgrade onto it. Haven't tested that myself, as I still play the last stable (call me a wimp if you want for not wanting to wreck my world with an unstable beta XD).

• Wow, 1 instead of 2 bronze.. I have a feeling that FTB will decrease the difficulty of GregTech in their modpack. (or else even more users will hate GT). Well, IMO alloy smelter should have helped with the default IC2 yield and not making GT machine the default.

• Wow, 1 instead of 2 bronze.. I have a feeling that FTB will decrease the difficulty of GregTech in their modpack. (or else even more users will hate GT). Well, IMO alloy smelter should have helped with the default IC2 yield and not making GT machine the default.

I mean the Crafting Table Recipe with the Ingots. The Alloy Smelter and everything else is still 2 Bronze from 4 Dusts.

• Greg, the bug I found was miss-interpreted by you. Noskk made a better effort at explaining the error. Please read and try and fix this.

After some tests:

1. can't make Iridium Plate if both configs are false, MMI appeared to be uncraftable, and there's only 1 recipe to iridium plate which is via implosion compressor (from MMI)
    2. if DifficultIridiumPlate is true and MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine is false, you can craft MMI in vanilla crafting table and iridium plate in implosion compressor
    3. if DifficultIridiumPlate is false and MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine is true, you can craft iridium plate directly in rolling machine

I think what TonyMoney wanted was the IC2 vanilla recipe with crafting iridium plate directly at the vanilla crafting table (without MMI).