[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Chemical or Biological would be much better for area denial than radiological (or at least more realistic).

Chemical and Biological agents can stay in the environment for very long times (possibly tens of decades or more), as in the biological case they are self repairing and can stay dormant for long times, and for the chemical case they can be very stable chemicals which do not decay naturally.

Radiological denial systems will only last for about 20-40 months as a serious threat, then will cause minor illness for a few years. This is as the most lethal isotopes have half lives on the order to 10s or 100s of days, and will quickly drop below externally lethal levels. The minor illness cases will last a bit longer, and are mainly a threat if ingested.

• .... MULTIBLOCK BLACK HOLE WEAPON?
    Also, what you would want is actually a radiological bomb. It doesnt make THAT big of an explosion but cuases a ton of Nuclear fallout within a few miles, making the area completely uninhabitable due to near-instant death on breathing in the Fallout. Or a Biological bomb that spreads from Animal to animal and kills everything like in the Time Riders series.

Hmm, I like the idea of a biological bomb. Kills all plants, passive mobs, and turns dirt to gravel (cracked sand, if ExtraBiomesXL is installed), ensuring nothing will ever grow there again.

• Talking about energy storage, values above 2 billion doesn't exceed integer?
    Making technically impossible energy storages above that? Or you can use a "hack" to make it nearly "infinite" (2^31 * 2^31) [4.611.686.018.427.387.904] ?
    Maybe even 2^31^3 [9.903.520.314.283.042.199.192.993.792] ?

There is the long data type which can store values from -2^63 to 2^63-1 (-18,446,744,073,709,551,616 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• If we're getting an LHC class particle acceperator I want to be able to make a black hole weapon. Screw nultiblock nukes, lets make sections of land permanantly unihabitable. (my thought is something continous, like red matter, except non expanding, because destroying the server is fucking stupid).

Would you please stop talking about that black hole nonsense. By now they may have created a hole and it collapsed right afterwards. It is impossible to create a stable hole with the LHC!

• Would you please stop talking about that black hole nonsense. By now they may have created a hole and it collapsed right afterwards. It is impossible to create a stable hole with the LHC!

Hence "Weapon" Its meant to be mass Destruction, crazy expensive, but super destructive.
    Like Multi-Multiblock nuke crazy.
    With particle Effects
    And shit like that
    boom
    wub wub
    *sucks in planet*
    i iz black whoal noaw

• lol @ particle effect, yeah.. Greg needs to add another rule
    11. NO Particle Effects!!

But Particlez are coolio :3

• Want a blackhole?
    Get ICBM Red Matter explosive and enjoy your endless world destroying killing everything near (even if you are fully armored) black hole with fancy particles.

• I just thought of an idea.... Maybe you could use particle accelerators to make stargates out of black holes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tipred3: Shortened the post to make it sound less weird. ().

• After I suggested it to him on the CiderBoats Addon thread, RichardG decided to implement Electric Boats after he integrates CiderBoats. CiderBoats adds rubber and carbon plated boats

• I just thought of an idea.... Maybe you could use particle accelerators to make stargates out of black holes.

And with those stargates, we can efficiently move items/people/etc. from place-to-place, only requiring approx. 512 EU/t to keep the gate open, and [insert near-infinite number here] EU to open the gate. Theoretically.

• And with those stargates, we can efficiently move items/people/etc. from place-to-place, only requiring approx. 512 EU/t to keep the gate open, and [insert near-infinite number here] EU to open the gate. Theoretically.

There you go, your electric mystcraft portal.

• So we finally got the Fusion plant up and running totally legit, but we've run into a problem. The superconductor wire seems to transfer energy just fine (you can blow up EV cables by attaching them to it), but the Supercondensators doesn't seem to be doing anything. We have it attached to the Superconductor wire, careful to make sure it is facing the right way, but no power is emitted. The HV transformers get no power, and even a directly attached Matter Fab loaded with Scrap remains idle. We've tried sending redstone signal to it and not (it should not be redstoned according to the wiki, but we were spitballing) and no matter what we do the thing doesn't seem to want to emit power. We even tried attaching the supercondensator directly to the output facing of the reactor--tricky to get it facing the right way, but a block of dirt made it possible. No joy.

Is there some trick to making Supercondensators work?

We are on Mindcrack v8.2.0 except that we've removed the Advanced Solars mod. The Gregtech version is 2.81a.

• So we finally got the Fusion plant up and running totally legit, but we've run into a problem. The superconductor wire seems to transfer energy just fine (you can blow up EV cables by attaching them to it), but the Supercondensators doesn't seem to be doing anything. We have it attached to the Superconductor wire, careful to make sure it is facing the right way, but no power is emitted. The HV transformers get no power, and even a directly attached Matter Fab loaded with Scrap remains idle. We've tried sending redstone signal to it and not (it should not be redstoned according to the wiki, but we were spitballing) and no matter what we do the thing doesn't seem to want to emit power. We even tried attaching the supercondensator directly to the output facing of the reactor--tricky to get it facing the right way, but a block of dirt made it possible. No joy.

Is there some trick to making Supercondensators work?

We are on Mindcrack v8.2.0 except that we've removed the Advanced Solars mod. The Gregtech version is 2.81a.

IIRC the dot of the Supercondensator is always the output, no matter the redstone state. Check on a creative world though, I may be wrong.

• So it's backwards from regular Transformers? Nice. That's also not what the Gregtech Wiki says?

One more thing that's not clear to me. Supercondensators output 8192 EU packets. Are they limited to a single packet per tick? Normal transformers are not, but the FTB Wiki seems to think that they are.

The post was edited 4 times, last by jandrese ().