[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Supercondensator, aside from a crafting material to boost the expensiveness of a recipe, is another GT item with unknown use..

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• It seems pretty necessary if you're going to run a Fusion Reactor. It's obviously useless for long distance energy transmission because the Superconductor wires are so outrageously expensive, but it does at least have a use, unlike the Scrapboxinator or the Refinery.

• If you're going to run a fusion reactor, you can directly connect the superconductor wire to HV transformers, well actually it might have a use as a capacitor..

• HV Transformers can takes 8192EU/p no problem, but the Fusion Reactor ouputs 1,000,000EU packets (hilariously, only once every 1.5 seconds, a relative eternity in the IC2 world) that will cause the HV transformers to go up in a large explosion. The Supercondensors are necessary to transform that packet down to 8192, which makes their weird backwards behavior all the more troubling. I'd also like to know if 1 is enough (it would be if it acted like a normal IC2 transformer block) or if I need 4 to handle the 32768 EU/t the Fusion plant is outputting.

• Nope, I've just tested it with the HV transformer and quantum generator and matter fabricator, it can only accept up to 2048 eu/p, now you ask me why your HV transformer won't blow up when you connect it to a condensator? I seriously don't know why.. Sorry, I was being derpy there and mixed upthe HV cable and HV transformer lol..

Some old pictures of my old test with fusion reactor and HV transformers:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/82370710.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/39105207.jpg/

The post was edited 3 times, last by noskk ().

• I just assumed that Greg tweaks the base IC2 HV transformer to allow it to accept up to 8192EU packets.

Those pictures are of the old Fusion plant. The new one would explode all of that after about 1.5 seconds.

• Suggestion: Flux Absorber mode for Magic energy absorber.

It drains and destroys flux of nearby nodes at the cost of energy.
    Also if there is nearby wisps/firebats it will drain their magic, killing them, while the mode is active.

• @Greg, every time you complain about CC sending packets:
    FYI, CC does NOT send the entire terminal contents whenever a program prints a letter, it only sends the changes.
    It is true that it sends it to every player on the server.
    Also let's not forget about YOUR bug which is just as annoying, where machines look like advanced machine blocks and crash when right-clicked.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• Want a blackhole?
    Get ICBM Red Matter explosive and enjoy your endless world destroying killing everything near (even if you are fully armored) black hole with fancy particles.

If you put 4 red matter explosives near each other, and set the all off at the same time, they will suck into each other unevenly and begin to move sideways eternally at a constant speed, destroying everything in its path (including oceans, which looks awesome XD)

FYI, CC does NOT send the entire terminal contents whenever a program prints a letter, it only sends the changes.
    Also let's not forget about YOUR bug which is just as annoying, where machines look like advanced machine blocks and crash when right-clicked.

you mean like this? well yeah, annoying as hell

My Bug might be slightly annoying (fix it via Leftclick), but the CC-Bug can cost people IRL-Money, what is the case for me (it has already cost me 5€, what is 25% of my Internet!). And you know those Programs, which have animations in the middle of the Screen like Progress Bars or even just ON/OFF-Statusses? Many of them are in fact sending the whole Screen every Program-Tick, even if nothing changed, to all Players causing craptons of Connection Lag. People can even use it to easyly grief launch attacks against Servers, with no effort, especially as they can just download it from Pastebin, what is very often enabled on Servers, or they just Ctrl+V it into the Screen, what is afaik possible!

That CC-Bug is serious. I even considered detecting, when too much of these Packets per Minute are incoming, and sending a Chat-Message containing a Lag-Warning and the Coordinates of the Computer, and if configured, even automatically deleting the lagging Computer from the World, when not being shut down after a few seconds.

Also the crash itself (not the texture) is NOT my Bug. Its a Forge Bug, as it was fine before a certain Forge Version. Maybe they fixed it during the overhaul of 1.5.

If you put 4 red matter explosives near each other, and set the all off at the same time, they will suck into each other unevenly and begin to move sideways eternally at a constant speed, destroying everything in its path (including oceans, which looks awesome XD)

And then they "decide" to move upwards into the Sky and do nothing but lagging the Server.

• If you put 4 red matter explosives near each other, and set the all off at the same time, they will suck into each other unevenly and begin to move sideways eternally at a constant speed, destroying everything in its path (including oceans, which looks awesome XD)

And then they "decide" to move upwards into the Sky and do nothing but lagging the Server.

I'm currently finding a way to push one black hole slowly horizontally, without moving up/down wards. may take some time =D.
    Already crashed my minecraft several times as instead of moving slowly, i made some black holes move insanely fast, eating oceans on its way and lagging like hell.

• Obviously you would never do this on a server ;-)

• Also the crash itself (not the texture) is NOT my Bug. Its a Forge Bug, as it was fine before a certain Forge Version. Maybe they fixed it during the overhaul of 1.5.

Well, if there's no other mod that give you that crash then, it's exclusively and definitely GT bug. but as said, left click fixes them..

• Also the crash itself (not the texture) is NOT my Bug. Its a Forge Bug, as it was fine before a certain Forge Version. Maybe they fixed it during the overhaul of 1.5.

Are you sure it's not your bug which was masked by a Forge bug before the certain Forge version?

So anyway, when are you going to fix it?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Are you sure it's not your bug which was masked by a Forge bug before the certain Forge version?

So anyway, when are you going to fix it?

It's not a serious Bug. Also I have a special unique Texture for failed Textures, so if you click it then its your fault :P

I fix it when Minecraft itself decides to make an easy Client->Server Update, like worldObj.addBlockEvent currently does Server->Client.

Progress on the 1.5-Update, 62 Textures splitted, over 9000 to go...