[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• It seems that any and all animations that are hit what? every tick and mobs every 3 or something like that. Anyways each time this happens the entire texture sheet gets reloaded....

Wait, what? Is that vanilla behavior or did actually some modder came up with an idea as horrible that I couldn't even have dreamed possible? Avoiding stuff like that is taught as the very basis of any kind of graphics programming.

On the other hand if this is vanilla and even with sheer stupidity like that the vanilla manages to have relatively similar FPS than 1.4 series then they certainly must have made a massive improvement to other parts of MC. If that gets fixed we actually could get a reasonable FPS increase.

• Animations are vanilla. And they only lag in HD. And no, they dont reload the Texture Sheet. It gets loaded once and that's it.

So they still somehow let CPU to handle the textures somehow? If it was done properly on the GPU I can see no reason why would going from a 16x16 to even 512x512 would lag anything unless it was some really ancient GPU doing the heavy-lifting.

• They switched back to an old System, which doesnt have the Lighting fix, so guess what happens when I got to the Nether...

Not true. https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-13206

After doing some profiling something really nasty was showing up... As much as I'm an idiot I knew something fucked up was happening. And yes the more mods you add with more textures the bigger the sheet gets right? That will get loaded more then once :P

<+Corosus> i think they know about it and have some possible ways to resolve it, where only part of the texture sheet for animations only will get updated, less intens

<@Grum> soooooooo we're solving it later
    <Kane_Hart> Pfft ;) Solve it when I make a big stink about it :p
    <@Grum> nope
    <@Grum> maybe for 1.6
    <@Grum> well likely for 1.6 :p

1.6 is the rendering overhaul >.<

Now you seeing what I'm getting at :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Then they broke the Lighting Engine in a diffrent Way. I get much more Lightglitches than before and the infamous Nether Lag of 1.3.

Also, Games are not about Graphics, Games are about F.U.N.

• Then they broke the Lighting Engine in a diffrent Way. I get much more Lightglitches than before and the infamous Nether Lag of 1.3.

Also, Games are not about Graphics, Games are about F.U.N.

That they are.. I like to do my LP Series and with my rendering quality + 16x it gets a bit rough. I'm more worried about my viewers. Also like I said it adds up more mods I do and I wanted to bum fuck a ton of mods for 1.5. Now my biggest worry is actually when you add to many textures it starts causing feel lag at really high FPS even. At 60+ FPS you will have the shuttering feeling of like 10 fps.

It adds up and this is why I been making a big stink because I want to Enjoy the game and shit 16x I will live with it if most people don't mind. My issue here is more about a week into it the lag.

Anyway's I'm going to bed but trust me Greg at this point it's like Getting my balls put in a grip but at the opportunity to play GregTech and at this point that is a hard choice ;)

NIGHT!

PS Greg: Any recent newer mods you recommend me checking out?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Also, Games are not about Graphics, Games are about F.U.N.

It's not really all that fun to have the game running at <10FPS on i7 laptop with quadro GPU even without any texturepacks.

[edit]
    funny thing is many relatively new and demanding games run vastly better on the thing than MC :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• Ah, right. Good point. I somehow thought it was regular gasoline.

But regular gasoline is made of hexane C6H14, heptane C7H16 and octane C8H18, which are medium hydrocarbons. Methane CH4, ethane C2H6, butane C3H8 and propane C4H10 are light hydrocarbons - they are gaseous at room temperature.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• funny thing is many relatively new and demanding games run vastly better on the thing than MC

That's because Java is a fucking awful programming language that runs like shit without giving a single fuck about your specs. I can play say TF2 almost with no fps drops even on my ancient PC (but almost nothing new since my GPU doesn;t support pixel shader 3) but I run MC with 5 FPS on average.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• That's because Java is a fucking awful programming language that runs like shit without giving a single fuck about your specs. I can play say TF2 almost with no fps drops even on my ancient PC (but almost nothing new since my GPU doesn;t support pixel shader 3) but I run MC with 5 FPS on average.

its not completely javas fault, there are many mc clones which run 500fps on my pc, but minecraft has 25 fps, i looked and compared the sources of the thigns and many clones have better graphics code which is moremoptimized for the graphicscard, minecraft is mroe for cpu...

• I mostly play MC on work laptop (Lenovo W510) as I generally have that with me. It has i7 CPU at 2GHz/3.2 with turbo, 8G of RAM (soon 16, darn all those virtual machines!) and quadro FX 880M GPU (roughly equivalent to desktop GeForce GT 220).
    My stationary PC that I use for more GPU-heavy stuff is running an ancient Q6600 at default 2.4GHz (used to have at 3.6 but as I don't do much heavy lifting with timelapse creation any more it's not needed), 8G of RAM and NV 560 GTX.

So basically I have a laptop with rather fast CPU and slowish GPU and a desktop with much worse CPU and vastly better GPU. Of those two MC runs VASTLY better on the laptop and pretty much anything else runs better on the desktop :)

Java itself has absolutely nothing to do with how inefficient use of resources MC has. It's all in how you program in it and you can quite definitely write code in Java that doesn't perform much slower than equivalent C/C++ stuff. In extreme cases (not counting stupidity) it's something like 30% slower but there are cases where it's faster. Properly-coded MC should run several times faster than it does at the moment. It's mainly bottlenecked by communication between CPU and GPU.

• My specs:
    Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz
    2.50 GB
    Radeon X600 pro
    Windows 7 32-bit

Can anyone give me advice how to run stuff better? I thought upgrading my GPU to something like GTX 650 will help but I'm not sure.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• For MC get any kind of core2 duo/core2quad CPU (assuming you have socket 775 instead of 478. You'll see a MASSIVE improvement, especially if you OC the CPU a bit. Going from 3.2@4GHz Pentium 4 to c2d 1.8@2.9GHz was so massive difference it wasn't even funny.