[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• which function do you use for multiblockstructures like blastfurnace?

I have the Interface IMachineBlockUpdateable for Machines, which need a Machine Block Update. The Function in there gets called, whenever a Machine Block gets placed or removed from the Map. All my MetaTileEntities and the regular Machine Casings cause said Updates (GregTech_API.causeMachineBlockUpdate(x,y,z)) when being placed.

When you then receive the update in your TileEntity, set a boolean variable to true for checking the casings in the next Tick, because if multiple updates happen during one tick, then your Machine doesnt scan all Blocks everytime.

• As everyone is talking about java code already, I want to pitch in my own question. I wanted to make a collection of mods (once all of them are updated to 1.5.1) with a Steampunk/Arcanepunk theme, and I wanted to include TE for its liquiducts and some general machinery. TE ore processing would totally break the balace in this the mod configuration though, there would be no reason to use the Infernal Furnce from Thaumcraft 3 anymore for example. So I went ahead and asked KingLemming if he would consider making a config option to deactivate ore processing in the Pulverizer and Induction Smelter (many other recipes already have such an option), or if he is unwilling to provide such a config if he would tell my how to change it manually. He didn't see fit to answer at all though, so I decided to look into the code myself, which is easy enough, as TE isn't obfuscated. With my almost total lack of understanding for java I can't seem to identify the lines I'm searching for though. I thought it would be fine to just tune down the primary output of these machines to 1 dust/ingot per ore, so that it would be balanced with the other mods. Anyone have an idea what I need to be looking for there? Since "nerfing all the things" is always appreciated in this threat I thought someone might be willing to give a helpful answer.

• You know TE has a Config for disabling every Machine?

You need Induction furnace for Hardened glass.

• I think there was a Xycraft recipe for it.

I can't find one, maybe you confused it with Xycraft glass viewers? And yes, the problem is that since there will be no IC² and no other mod that includes the ability to pulverize obsidian the pulverizer is necessary, as is the induction smelter to make the hardened glass, which, as you know is needed for liquiducts. That's why just disabling the machines isn't an option. I'm gonna see if I can find any way around it, but nerfing the recipes would be the optimal way.

Edit: confirmed that disbling the machines in the config doesn't change the recipe for hardened glass, nor is there a config option to do that. So apparently KingLemming didn't make a way around that. You are either stuck with his overpowered oreprocessing or you can't use large parts of his mod at all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Podi ().

• I can't find one, maybe you confused it with Xycraft glass viewers? And yes, the problem is that since there will be no IC² and no other mod that includes the ability to pulverize obsidian the pulverizer is necessary, as is the induction smelter to make the hardened glass, which, as you know is needed for liquiducts. That's why just disabling the machines isn't an option. I'm gonna see if I can find any way around it, but nerfing the recipes would be the optimal way.

Edit: confirmed that disbling the machines in the config doesn't change the recipe for hardened glass, nor is there a config option to do that. So apparently KingLemming didn't make a way around that. You are either stuck with his overpowered oreprocessing or you can't use large parts of his mod at all.

If you have railcraft you an pulverise obsidian with the Rock Crusher.

• Any chance I can get a download for 2.01a? I'm using industrialcraft-2_1.115.289-lf (because that's actually COMPATIBLE with other mods for 1.5.1) and I'd like gregtech back.

• Any chance I can get a download for 2.01a? I'm using industrialcraft-2_1.115.289-lf (because that's actually COMPATIBLE with other mods for 1.5.1) and I'd like gregtech back.

2.01a? Of Gregtech? LOLTHATSOLD
    Is that even compatible with 1.5.1? :

• Drop this file into ic2/api in ic2 jar file with replacement.
    It's TEMPORARY fix! Fix any crashes with mods that still used old API.

• 2.01a? Of Gregtech? LOLTHATSOLD
    Is that even compatible with 1.5.1? :

That's what the irc told me, then mistaqur came in and said 3.01

basically I just need to keep my IC2 compatible with, you know, ALL THE MODS THAT USE ITS API.

• Why didnt RichardG just leave a tiny piece of Backwards compatibility, at least for a week, so we can prepare for it.

On a completly unrelated Note: BEHOLD, the Solar powered Aqueous Accumulator!

:O
    BETTER THEN TE
    WHY?
    COVERS

• Why didnt RichardG just leave a tiny piece of Backwards compatibility, at least for a week, so we can prepare for it.

On a completly unrelated Note: BEHOLD, the Solar powered Aqueous Accumulator!

That's pretty awesome, and mistaqur's fix worked, he's awesome like that

• I could have upgraded that thing to act like an 100 Million Energy Storage in addition to that, lol. But 10 Energy Orb Upgrades, 2 Transformer Upgrades and one HV-Transformer Upgrade are expensive, you know.

The "Infinite Water"-Part wouldn't work with my Infinite Water Fix as it requires a Drain Cover (which can drain any Liquid right in front of it) connected to a regenerating Water Block.

• If you have railcraft you an pulverise obsidian with the Rock Crusher.

True, I forgot about that, but that would still leave me with the Induction Smelter, as that would still more than double the metal you get from ores, which would be balance breaking in my planned mod setup.
    Nobody with a bit of java knowledge that would be willing to help out? I just need to know how the fuction defining the output of the machines looks like, so I can change it. Shouldn't be too hard once I figured out how that part of the code works.

• There was quite an uproar in modding community against RG's miscperipherials that was doing somewhat similar poking in the internals of other mods that ended up with him getting rid of tons of features in the mod. Might be a good idea to work with the original mod authors directly to avoid possible problems.

[insert generic rant about MC modding community destroying itself from inside out]