[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• People and their regenerative Energy Sources...

Like solar panels, you mean? The 9x9 farm I described above with all of the harvesters and automation infrastructure, not to mention automation for fertilizer/hydration/weed-ex as well as breeding/cropnalyzing, produces less energy than if you pulled up the plants and just replaced them with cheap solar panels. Shouldn't the player be rewarded for larger, more complex builds?

• Like solar panels, you mean? The 9x9 farm I described above with all of the harvesters and automation infrastructure, not to mention automation for fertilizer/hydration/weed-ex as well as breeding/cropnalyzing, produces less energy than if you pulled up the plants and just replaced them with cheap solar panels. Shouldn't the player be rewarded for larger, more complex builds?

You know, IC² Crops are not suited for Energy Production at all. Why not making a vanilla Wheat Farm? All you need is Pistons, Water and a bunch of Dispensers for the Seeds.

• Is this ONE turbine ? Why does one have 1 machine in and the other 2 into the MultiBlock Structure ?

My guess is it's not a fixed structure and you can change the power of the generator by making it bigger and using more machines in the structure.

Will there be generators for other fuel sources (fuel, solids, magic stuff)?

On industrial scale coal fired plants actually pulverize the coal before burning it. Perhaps have a big coal plant that uses coal dust and turns it to (much?) more than 4k EU?

• On industrial scale coal fired plants actually pulverize the coal before burning it. Perhaps have a big coal plant that uses coal dust and turns it to (much?) more than 4k EU?

CoalFuel ? ^^
    And BTW, he already told that he will probably add one MultiBlok version of each generator he implemented.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Is this ONE turbine ? Why does one have 1 machine in and the other 2 into the MultiBlock Structure ?

No, there are two Turbines, but I wasnt able to show both of the opposite Sides in a single Screenshot. And it is a fixed 3x4x3 horizontal Generator.

The Concept is simple: You have Input/Output/Dynamo/Maintenance/Muffler/Energy Hatches, which you can place depending on the Multiblock inside certain Slots, similar to the Fusion Reactor. These Hatches are the Interface for either Automation or Maintenance. Certain Hatches can only be placed on fixed Positions, like the Dynamo Hatch (Energy Output for Generators), which can only be placed centered on the opposite Side of the Turbine Rotor.

• How about multiblock solar/wind/water generators?
    Same style as the ones that are going to be implemented, but slightly modified.

Water :
    The turbine facing must be adjacent to water, will "drain" 1 water block from the farthest upwards block possible (256 blocks max) every second to generate 5000 EU per block.
    This does NOT cause block updates when draining. This means it can and will drain an entire ocean for energy.

Wind :
    There are two turbines, just like IC² windmill, that generates EU equally to the IC² windmill formula, multiplied by a value, defined by casings and other stuff used (rotors).

Solar :
    Don't have any idea, instead i could just spam small buffers in an array.

• Today I tried to make a GregTech patch for my own texture pack. After peeking around for 5 minutes, only finding numbered images and purple squares in half these images, I decided to give up. Then I saw you pasted a troll face picture in these files. It reflected all my feelings. Thanks Greg.

On a serious note: With 1.6 hitting stores soon, will the GregTech files change their names to a more descriptive name, following vanilla MC style? (that means ruby_block.png instead of 4.png) The current namestyle is annoying to work with.

• The turbine facing must be adjacent to water, will "drain" 1 water block from the farthest upwards block possible (256 blocks max) every second to generate 5000 EU per block.
    This does NOT cause block updates when draining. This means it can and will drain an entire ocean for energy.

u_u ... how would you justify it to CONSUME water when IRL it just convert potential mechanical energy into kinetic (still mechanical) energy then into what you want ? Water does not disappear like that ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Wind :
    There are two turbines, just like IC² windmill, that generates EU equally to the IC² windmill formula, multiplied by a value, defined by casings and other stuff used (rotors).

Why not something with a large MultiBlock Tunnel, or something less exploitables that IC² windmills ? :) (as an example, making a limit at 120 would be great, so you couldn't exploit it with these uggly towers :evil:

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Why not something with a large MultiBlock Tunnel, or something less exploitables that IC² windmills ? :) (as an example, making a limit at 120 would be great, so you couldn't exploit it with these uggly towers :evil:

Thats simple, make them require a much larger space (that has no obstructions), with much higher penalty per block around, and there you go, no ugly towers, but higher profit per multiblock windmill to compensate.

• u_u ... how would you justify it to CONSUME water when IRL it just convert potential mechanical energy into kinetic (still mechanical) energy then into what you want ? Water does not disappear like that ^^

My justification : You also consume lava to produce energy, instead of just cooling it (by heating water and turning it into steam).
    Make Geothermals produce obsidian per lava cooled, then its "valid".

Minecraft is a simplification of reality, not an exact reproduction of it.
    Also, how else you can make those water turbines not exploitable nor unworthy?

Another idea would be :
    Water =\= Rain Water

Rain water is collected via huge multiblock structures (the more blocks facing the sky, more it collects), stored into it (depending on how deep and large the structure is), then released to water turbines right adjacent to it, producing enormous amounts of energy (to compensate the HUGE structure it may require). I'm going to develop my idea further and post it in the suggestion section.

• Water :
    The turbine facing must be adjacent to water, will "drain" 1 water block from the farthest upwards block possible (256 blocks max) every second to generate 5000 EU per block.

Far better would be to require an actual height difference in determining how much power per moved block the generator generates. Also obviously force the player to deal with the water you "pump" though the generator (dump it in the quarry holes? :D). Now THAT would be awesome generator :)

Obviously this would require the game to not use infinite water.

Only problem with this is if you have a mod that can put water source blocks back into world you can probably generate a simple infinite energy loops by pumping water back up. To prevent that one could destroy the moved water blocks but imho that would remove much of the awesomeness of the generator.

• Did you know that you can no longer automate IC²-Watermills? And you can easyly guess that I will not add a Water consuming Generator (Water consuming in the sence of Water = Profit, not in the sence of Cooking Water to Steam to make Energy of that)