[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• FFS STOP WHINING! DON't BOTHER! If you don't like it, DONT USE IT! YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO USE IT!

• FFS STOP WHINING! DON't BOTHER! If you don't like it, DONT USE IT! YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO USE IT!

I actually liked GT, it added stuff to the end (actually gave me a reason to actually kill off the stupid dragon) advanced IC2, and added a level of complexity to it. but this is honestly getting stupid. it's almost as if Greg hates the players who have to start their worlds over, which will include most people in a month or so.

Also I did not make the choice, I gave up trying to keep the 70+ mods I used straight with the ever changing IDs and what not, I found this little surprise when our 1.4.7 server threw up (bad ram, fixed now) and we decided to see what's changed by getting the FTB beta wgt after a few weeks, it updated and updated our server and I started to get to the tech processing.

So I really want to know WHY he feels that we have to spend a stack of iron just to get started?

• So are buggy ore textures going to get fixed soon? I'm okay with hidden facings but when ores are placed or isolated or sometimes just how they spawn they show the ugly color texture thing.

Also, is Gregtech going to add its own steam production or is it going to remain partially dependent on RC? Thanks.

• I actually liked GT, it added stuff to the end (actually gave me a reason to actually kill off the stupid dragon) advanced IC2, and added a level of complexity to it. but this is honestly getting stupid. it's almost as if Greg hates the players who have to start their worlds over, which will include most people in a month or so.

Also I did not make the choice, I gave up trying to keep the 70+ mods I used straight with the ever changing IDs and what not, I found this little surprise when our 1.4.7 server threw up (bad ram, fixed now) and we decided to see what's changed by getting the FTB beta wgt after a few weeks, it updated and updated our server and I started to get to the tech processing.

So I really want to know WHY he feels that we have to spend a stack of iron just to get started?

is there any problem ? iron is fairly common, one mining tour and i have 5 stacks, and also, as you said it's jsut to get started, so it's only once and i don't think that's a problem.

• I think an EasyMode config would be funny to add that just disables GregTech from ever loading.

That way we can answer "It's too hard!" with "Set EasyMode=true in your config" instead of "Don't like it, don't use it". I was called a sycophant, a cry baby, an ass-kisser, and told to jam that argument up my ass on Reddit earlier today, and that all was from just one asshole.

• I feel like installing GregTech, you are subscribing to the GregTech standard difficulty level.

This is actually a problem for me now; the fact that I started on GregTech so early in my Minecraft experience means that there are so many mods out there that I'll just never be able to play right, because the tech progression is so much faster and I run out of things to do. In other words, they're too easy.

• Hey Greg,

I'm still getting that missing texture block on running turbine blades on 3.08d.

Here's my game log in case that helps:
    http://pastebin.com/MvNueup6

Seems like this is the relevant portion:

• That must be the Problem. I have no animation txt for these Files. But it works fine for me. Strange, that it doesn't work for you.

@Sirus: I found the Problem. The Machine Casing doesnt cause Updates on the Machine, you need to either relog, or place the Turbine Block itself last. Oh, and in front of the Turbine has to be a 3x3 of Air, I forgot to add that to the Book.

• This is actually a problem for me now; the fact that I started on GregTech so early in my Minecraft experience means that there are so many mods out there that I'll just never be able to play right, because the tech progression is so much faster and I run out of things to do. In other words, they're too easy.

I made it a point to start off with Forestry/Thermal Expansion this time for that exact reason, progressing from clockwork engine to combustion, which I had mistakenly thought would be good to run my GregTech machines on with pneumatic upgrades (I changed the info in the community wiki regarding those a few days ago, btw. It correctly states 1:1 ratio), but now I dump all my fuel into a liquid fueled boiler.

I have bees that make alvearies now, and I'm coming close to breeding the last of the base trees (before Binnie gives us more!) and will soon cross breed some trees specifically for power generation, only after I've collected them all. All the while I'm building up a small processing plant before I start a proper mining operation.

I did a lot of hand mining in my first week specifically because at the time, only one bronze came from four ingots unless you had an alloy smelter (I heard that's been fixed? I hadn't checked, I got a freaking alloy smelter asap), and that extended the lifetime of my Forestry progression.

I think by giving yourself power limitations, you make for a far more fun game. I've mentioned before, I've still not generated a single packet of EU, and if I can get away with it, I'll continue to use steam until I've got a proper fusion reactor. Some people will just limit themselves to not using renewable lava sources for power. I only pumped lava to dump my spare MJ's into some overclocked centrifuges so I could dismantle my combustion engines without wasting all that precious fuel.

This is something I love most about Minecraft, even if it gets boring with GregTech installed, just impose some arbitrary limits and it'll be fun again.

• This is something I love most about Minecraft, even if it gets boring with GregTech installed, just impose some arbitrary limits and it'll be fun again.

Yup, but when you're playing PvP on server ... others mods just has to be nerfed ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• My server is crashing with 3.08d on start, ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 32000

I've checked my configs with find -name "*" -exec grep -Hin "32000" {} \;, but nothing seems to be assigned to that ID.

Do you have something set to 31744, because of the retarded 256 offset thing?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Do you have something set to 31744, because of the retarded 256 offset thing?

Well donk, I forgot about the offset thing. I in fact did add one to the ID for gregtechmod.api.items.GT_SolderingMetal_Item before my power went out yesterday, because it conflicted with forestry.storage.items.ItemBackpack in my configs x|

Thanks for pointing that out!

• What version of Forge are you using Greg?

737 as of now.

V3.08e:
    Fixed Multiblock Updating Bug
    Fixed Animated Texture, by adding the forgotten animation File. (I wonder why it worked for me without that Animation File)
    Added Battery Alloy (not obtainable for now, due to lack of Antimony, but it will get useful soon) and made RE Battery Recipes require Plates (configurable)
    Fixed some Turbine Rotors being uncraftable.
    Added Info about the 3x3 of Air you need to have in front of a Turbine to the Book.