[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• BC has basic automation and power generation, based on engines, which are different from EU generators and fits some players style. TE uses its energy network.

Don't forget the Filler and the Builder. These two are the only things, which are really unique for Buildcraft.

FZ has high-range lightning system (wrath lamps) and cheap item storage (barrels), keeping it alive, for now. Soon other mods will replace them, like GT already did with the barrel.

Who uses Factoryzation at all? It's useless, and the Wrath Lamps are only something decorative.

MFR has big-scale, cheap farms that accepts all three most popular energy (EU, MJ, J), making it a good alternative to automate farms, although it is a bit OP.

MFR has the Problem that some Concepts are very close to the very overpowered Mods. Creating Mobs out of other Mobs is one of these Soulshard alike Features, which can easyly be exploited by just attaching a vanilla Spawner to it, or by using the many Slimes other Mods add.

If Rotarycraft (RC is the acronym for RailCraft already) has no new feature, it will die anytime just like Factorization is going to.

I agree on that one.

GT machines could theorically run on any power source, given upgrades.
    EU by default
    MJ with pneumatic upgrade
    Steam with Steam Engine
    J with default energy converter (UE has it by default and GT included, but it is buggy atm)

PS: If you intend to make your mod work along GT, DO make a set of recipes based on it, by config, as the majority of GT users dislike cheap OP stuff.

UE Energy is actually working properly, Cub just didn't reenable it after it was broken a few Months ago. And UE Energy doesn't even need an Upgrade to work as it is electricity.

Also I dont nerf that many things of other Mods than IC²
    Buildcraft: Just the Quarry Recipe to contain Diamond Drill. That is very logical as how would the Quarry drill the Blocks away without a Drill?
    Forestry: Just the Bronze Recipe. Nothing else.
    Universal Electricity: Changed the Plate Crafting Recipes to use Plate Bender (and even Hammer in the later releases). Also added automated Blast Furnace requirement for Steel (and some other Metals, while I was at it) after seeing the way how UE gets its Steel.
    Buildcraft: Added Config so that people can disable the BC Pump if they want. The Pump is still enabled per default.
    Redpower: Added Config so that people can change the Recipe of the Blockbreaker to be more expensive. The Blockbreaker keeps its normal Recipe per default.

These are the only nerfs I have made to other Mods than IC², and you people still think I nerf every single Mod. Look at that, it's just three things I nerf per default and you people complain about me nerfing all of the Mods? This is ridiculous!

• Those of you who want the cheap ass bronze can use the forestry worktable, it gives 4 bronze from 3 copper and 1 tin. Works regardless of gregtech settings apparently.

Question about the new turbines, the gas one generates same amount of power from single methane cell as the smaller version right?
    (Modified by the rotor efficiency of course)

Also what exactly will happen should one neglect the maintenance.

• Question about the new turbines, the gas one generates same amount of power from single methane cell as the smaller version right?
    (Modified by the rotor efficiency of course)

The small Gas Turbine got nerfed to have 75% Efficiency in comparsion to the larger one.

Edit: At least he has a Machine/Block doing that, so that one cant "craft" it anymore using vanilla.

• @Greg I think the people are so stupid as they think that you nerfed mfr and powersuits too (they're using gregtech recipe if you enable it) and I think a few other mods have things like that too. So let them cry, as long as they're too stupid to handle configs... :P

• i've read all about that glitches, and ic2 its the only mod that i keep outdated, and actually we're using r#374 as u said some pages before, and to be honest i dont have so much problem with this buggy thing, as we're playing on server, but when im alone i just cant get my single player reactor to work, i tried to see if another mod is could be causing this, but it's pretty strange, i removed railcraft and worked once, but after a restart the bug was there again, then i tried removing mffs and it happened again... im very confused

Check for steam outputting reactors in the ic2 config. That thing, if set to true, makes reactors utput steam instead of electricity.

• Who uses Factoryzation at all? It's useless, [...]

One thing: Routers.
    Nothing handles machine arrays (mainly Centrifuges) as good (Redpower and Thaumcraft work too, but have its problems). Though if you could make Centrifuges/Electrolyzers work with Liqiud Hydrogen/Deuterium/Tritium i would happly replace them.
    And while you are at it could you add a GUI Button to have each output slot in the Centrifuge/Electrolyzer have its own side or make Adv Conveyor Covers that target specific slots? Right now automating Centrifuges with Conveyor Modules is a nightmare when there is no space for sorters.

• I dont particularaly care about Forestry forcing its 3+1=4 bronze, since i shall just disable it anyways. Buuuut, greg, you could always force rename Forestries to "Latten Bronze" so it doesn't mess with your stuff.

Also, what is the nerf to RP Block breakers? Steel pick instead of iron?

• You cant rename Items anymore. Thats not possible since 1.5s Icon System. Many Mods use getUnlocalizedName() in the Filepath of the Icons.

Added Info to when I begin to update to 1.6 to the OP. That will probably also be the time I leave cubcraft until it updates to 1.6 as well, because I hate playing with outdated GT Versions.

The nerf to RP Block breakers is basically using a Grinding Head.

• You cant rename Items anymore. Thats not possible since 1.5s Icon System. Many Mods use getUnlocalizedName() in the Filepath of the Icons.

Added Info to when I begin to update to 1.6 to the OP. That will probably also be the time I leave cubcraft until it updates to 1.6 as well, because I hate playing with outdated GT Versions.

Can you rename the Ore Dict?

• I won't replace or detect Items in Forestry Machine Recipes. If he wants to create exploits then I will let him.

I mean you may replace item in Item.itemsList, and recipes will catch it up automatically, because ItemStack uses references to itemsList. And so you can use any name you wish.
    UPD. By the way you may replace original IC2 cells so it will be able to pickup oil directly from world when you right click on oil block, like with water and lava.

• My IDSU currently outputs 8192eu/t per the new standard. I have also upgraded every machine I can to support 8192eu/t. However, I have run into a problem, the charge-o-mat refuses to accept transformer upgrades and it only accepts up to 2048eu/t. My old way of transforming, the AESU seems to no longer work as it only supports up to 2048eu/t. So how would I transform the IDSU's output to 2048eu/t?

• As the Charge-O-Mat is no longer a supported machine it would be better to not use it. Else you could just use 4x HV transformers attatched to your 8192 line.

• That doesn't really help me. How do I down transform from 8192eu/t to 2048eu/t? I have no clue what 4x HV Transformers mean. They only support a maximum input of 2048eu/t no?

• Well, thanx for the point of wiev. I coud react with anger for some of your words... No. Time will judge us all.
    And if you so much center of the world, please, stop stealing the russian weaponry design - invent something your own... Such a genious people just have to)))))o

It seems u dont understand my words correctly.
    As for me,I think Russian,like many other countries,is also one of the great countries,and the modernist should have the general knowledge that any of us aren't the only beloved of God.

I am never feel even just a bit proud of the stupid ideas of ancient Chinese when they considered the rest of world arrogantly.
    And in fact Chinese have paid a very very heavy price for that in past 150 years.
    The history tell us anytime we should learn to understand the rest of the world,but not just tend to be separated because of the disputes and differences in the culture,the faith,or the value.
    Just like European try to forget the geocentric theory and dont believe that the God should favour the earth where we live in very much.
    For now Chinese also learn to be part of the whole world,but not the center of it.(modestly and confidently,at least the most do like this).

In China,the younger generation try to go after their dreams but get confused facing the huge change of the whole society.Many of them lost their confidence when facing other countries.The government is anxious to achieve quick success and get instant benefits.So much "made in China" but only few "designed in China".But we are trying to change that and put our effort on it.We just dont have such a wish that the history become to be a "invisible and heavy shackles".
    And thx for your reply.

• GregoriusT

How about to use the new localization system just like the IC2 did,then u could included the language files in the mod.
    I think that will be helpful to the people use ur mod in other language.
    A new localization sys also can help u change the strings easily without editing the java every times,such as the words in the computer cube.