[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I just have to write "for (int i = 0; i < 96; i++)" and a generic Folder Path (which also contains said Constant above) to put the Icons into a Array.

Why not have a mapping during start up that maps names to numbers? Yeah, it's a bit of extra work but would be needed just once per texture and would have no overhead during run time.

Only overhead would be the development time to implement it. Benefit would be less-whiny texture pack creators :)

• I would not need to change it for 1.6 at all. I was intelligent enough to put the Filepath into a seperate Constant, so I would basically only have to change one single Name. Not to mention that copypasting File Names into Code is a real Pain. Guess why I took the Number route. I just have to write "for (int i = 0; i < 96; i++)" and a generic Folder Path (which also contains said Constant above) to put the Icons into a Array.

To me it looked like a remnant of the 1.5 update, and you didn't had time to change the names properly.

But why are you the author of the only mod I've seen that went a number route?

• Why not have a mapping during start up that maps names to numbers? Yeah, it's a bit of extra work but would be needed just once per texture and would have no overhead during run time.

Only overhead would be the development time to implement it. Benefit would be less-whiny texture pack creators :)

Yeah, that would result in the same amount of stupid work, as making them into the Code.

But why are you the author of the only mod I've seen that went a number route?

Do you see these tons of Textures I have? Guess why I used Numbers after splitting Textures for the 1.5 Update. It's much faster to use Numbers, than to have to name every single File, and adjust every single Filepath. I wonder why nobody else got that great Idea.

Also there is a very simple System to the Numbers. For example every Ore has 6 Textures, that means every 6th Texture is another Ore. For the Items its even simpler, just take the damage Value of the Item and you already got its Texturefile. I even made subfolders for certain Textures to keep it a bit more sorted.

And why do you complain about some simple Numbers? It's not like you wouldn't have to change all the Textures for a Pack anyways.

• Do you see these tons of Textures I have? Guess why I used Numbers after splitting Textures for the 1.5 Update. It's much faster to use Numbers, than to have to name every single File, and adjust every single Filepath. I wonder why nobody else got that great Idea.

Also there is a very simple System to the Numbers. For example every Ore has 6 Textures, that means every 6th Texture is another Ore. For the Items its even simpler, just take the damage Value of the Item and you already got its Texturefile. I even made subfolders for certain Textures to keep it a bit more sorted.

And why do you complain about some simple Numbers? It's not like you wouldn't have to change all the Textures for a Pack anyways.

I have a pc to weak to both run GIMP and Minecraft at the same moment. I got lost in the mess of texture files you had. I know you have a lot of textures. A lot of modders do. They also invested their time to convert their files instead of hacking around. I'm making a guide, hope it helps people.

OK lazy man, you will hear from me. I'm out

• Yeah, that would result in the same amount of stupid work, as making them into the Code.

Not quite, you'd still be able to use simple loops for iterating them. It'll just need a one-time time investment to add the mapping in only one place.

I know it would be tedious to add this, I've had the pleasure to be forced to rename about 1000 files manually before myself. I'm just trying to see if there would be a way to make texture artists more happy without having you spend too much time and effort on it.

As for gimp+MC being too heavy on your machine, how much RAM does it have? You could just have a bareboned install of absolute minimum mods needed + limit RAM usage for MC. If it's paused MC doesn't really consume that much CPU either.

• T

There is somewhere a List for that in my GregTech_API.java.

Thanks, I had been removing large chunks of terrain with WorldEdit to find the ore out, but couldn't find them :D. Finally I found Tetrahedrite ore in the Swampland biome and Cassiterite in TaigaHills.

• Thanks, I had been removing large chunks of terrain with WorldEdit to find the ore out, but couldn't find them :D. Finally I found Tetrahedrite ore in the Swampland biome and Cassiterite in TaigaHills.

Use mcedit analyze functionality instead, far easier. It also helped me to diagnose the problem with oregen that Greg fixed :)

• The GregTech Texturing Guide is coming along nicely, but what is the function of the block in the tile.Ore_Nether, End and Stone for.

And are the 6 different textures randomly applied or are they on a per-side base?

• what is the function of the block in the tile.Ore_Nether, End and Stone for.

This is for special Textures in said Areas. Like the Netherrack Ore Texture in the Nether, the Endstone Ore Texture in the End etc. I am well aware, that not every Texture is actually updated to that as I am indeed very lazy, but the Functionality is there.

And are the 6 different textures randomly applied or are they on a per-side base?

Randomly applied based on Coords.

• This is for special Textures in said Areas. Like the Netherrack Ore Texture in the Nether, the Endstone Ore Texture in the End etc. I am well aware, that not every Texture is actually updated to that as I am indeed very lazy, but the Functionality is there.

Can I make a conclusion that the ores that do not have the specific background are pretty much unused?

• I'm trying to set up a thermal boiler so it can generate steam. I've already made it work with lava, but when I use water instead it won't even start (I used exactly the same setup I had used when fueling it with lava). I read the tutorial book in-game and I couldn't figure it out :/.

• JustHEV they are a feature that is not quite done, kindof. Copy the ores from the stone folder into the default folder and then texture them

• JustHEV they are a feature that is not quite done, kindof. Copy the ores from the stone folder into the default folder and then texture them

I'm making a guide for general purposes. What is the plan with these?

• I can see these items in NEI, but when I click on them I can't see the recipe for them, and when I add the correct parts in the crafting table to craft them, the finished product won't show up. I can craft most Gregtech items, except for AESU, Lightningrod, Lesu, Lesu blocks and Charge-o-mat. Running Minecraft 1.5.2, forge 734, Gregtech 3.09g. Started from a new world. Anybody had these issues? If so, how did you fix them? I would really like to use especially the AESU.

• I'm trying to set up a thermal boiler so it can generate steam. I've already made it work with lava, but when I use water instead it won't even start (I used exactly the same setup I had used when fueling it with lava). I read the tutorial book in-game and I couldn't figure it out :/.

You need both lava AND water.
    83.3 mB/t of lava and 6 mB/t of water to be more accurate.

• Can I make a conclusion that the ores that do not have the specific background are pretty much unused?

They are just not used in said Environments right now.

I can see these items in NEI, but when I click on them I can't see the recipe for them, and when I add the correct parts in the crafting table to craft them, the finished product won't show up. I can craft most Gregtech items, except for AESU, Lightningrod, Lesu, Lesu blocks and Charge-o-mat. Running Minecraft 1.5.2, forge 734, Gregtech 3.09g. Started from a new world. Anybody had these issues? If so, how did you fix them? I would really like to use especially the AESU.

Try looking up the Blocks with a MetaID larger than 16. You likely clicked on the old Blocks. The LESU and the Charge-O-Mat have both been disabled due to being depricated.

I'm trying to set up a thermal boiler so it can generate steam. I've already made it work with lava, but when I use water instead it won't even start (I used exactly the same setup I had used when fueling it with lava). I read the tutorial book in-game and I couldn't figure it out :/.

Uhhm, you use Water INSTEAD of Lava????? The Water is not "hot" enough to generate Steam. This is NOT a Watermill...

You need one Input Hatch with Water and another Input Hatch with Lava. After that use two Output Hatches, and set one of them to "Steam only", while the other has to be set to "output Items and Liquids". After that you have one space free for Maintenance and another for the Main Block

• I've searched this thread and the TC thread but have found nothing about what I've discovered, though I may have missed something.

While using GregTech 3.08g and Tinkers Construct 1.3.6.7, I cannot create certain items from TC. I also updated GregTech to 3.09g and Tinkers Construct to 1.4.dev.18 and the issue still exists.

While trying to create stone items from TC to create tool item casts, these seven stencils will produce a GregTech item instead of the desired TC item:

Tough Tool Rod (14279:14) --> Ender Eye Dust (31992:1)
    Large Plate Pattern (14279:16) --> Data Control Circuit (31990:1)
    Broad Shovel Head Pattern (14279:19) --> Shows unknown item texture, no text (31989:1)
    Large Blade Pattern (14279:20) --> Deuterium Cell (31991:1)
    Hammer Head Pattern (14279:21) --> 60k NaK Coolant Cell (31988)
    Full Guard Pattern (14279:22) --> 180 NaK Coolant Cell (31987)
    Arrowhead Pattern (14279:25) --> Portable Scanner (31985)

Obviously, removing GregTech lets the Tinkers Construct items be created with no problems. Also, if an item is created this way, the material cost for the stencil is used up. Example, creating Ender Eye Dust with the Tough Tool Rod Pattern (Material Cost: 3) will remove 3 cobblestone for the cost of the Ender Eye Dust. All of the GT items created this way have the correct material cost from TC taken away. Thus, you can exploit this by creating 180k NaK Coolant Cells for the low cost of only 3 cobblestone.