[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• There are two distinct items with the same user facing name: "Iridium Plate." This is a bug. One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. The other, however, is a much more elaborate GT recipe involving four of these vanilla Iridium Plates and other ingredients in a rolling machine, resulting in a GT item called an [Iridium Alloy Ingot]. This is a rewrite of a suppressed IC2 crafting recipe, the one that takes iridium *ore* and other ingredients, and produces a vanilla iridium plate. In GT, you then take the [Iridium Alloy Ingot] and process it in an implosion compressor, to make a new item that is *also* called an [Iridium Plate]. This one is completely distinct from the vanilla IC2 item of the same name; the two cannot be interchanged in any recipe.

The right way to resolve this, as far as I can tell, is simple: GT should use a different name for the result of running an [Iridium Alloy Ingot] through the implosion compressor. I suggest "Iridium Alloy Plate" would be ideal. :)

This approach has the happy property of not having to change *anything* except the user-facing names. All of the block and item IDs etc can remain unchanged.

• Applying a wood plate to a machine face makes it look like oak planks, but can we get different flavors? Actually, does the obscurator work on machine faces? I should probably test that out before asking questions, but I'm already here :P

There are two distinct items with the same user facing name: "Iridium Plate." This is a bug. One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. The other, however, is a much more elaborate GT recipe involving four of these vanilla Iridium Plates and other ingredients in a rolling machine, resulting in a GT item called an [Iridium Alloy Ingot]. This is a rewrite of a suppressed IC2 crafting recipe, the one that takes iridium *ore* and other ingredients, and produces a vanilla iridium plate. In GT, you then take the [Iridium Alloy Ingot] and process it in an implosion compressor, to make a new item that is *also* called an [Iridium Plate]. This one is completely distinct from the vanilla IC2 item of the same name; the two cannot be interchanged in any recipe.

The right way to resolve this, as far as I can tell, is simple: GT should use a different name for the result of running an [Iridium Alloy Ingot] through the implosion compressor. I suggest "Iridium Alloy Plate" would be ideal. :)

This approach has the happy property of not having to change *anything* except the user-facing names. All of the block and item IDs etc can remain unchanged.

The current approach is the same thing Golden Apple does, two different items, one name, just colored differently. I think the Iridium Plates work quite fine as they are, though I do not object to calling them Iridium Alloy Plates.

• There are two distinct items with the same user facing name: "Iridium Plate." This is a bug. One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. The other, however, is a much more elaborate GT recipe involving four of these vanilla Iridium Plates and other ingredients in a rolling machine, resulting in a GT item called an [Iridium Alloy Ingot]. This is a rewrite of a suppressed IC2 crafting recipe, the one that takes iridium *ore* and other ingredients, and produces a vanilla iridium plate. In GT, you then take the [Iridium Alloy Ingot] and process it in an implosion compressor, to make a new item that is *also* called an [Iridium Plate]. This one is completely distinct from the vanilla IC2 item of the same name; the two cannot be interchanged in any recipe.

Its actually the iridium plate made from iridium alloy which is the vanilla IC2 item. The iridium plate made by bending an iridium ingot is an item added by GT. Because Greg can't easily change the names of items from other mods, theres no way to rename the iridium plate to iridium alloy plate, unless Greg overrode that item completely with his own item, thereby deprecating the original IC2 iridium plate.

• Greg, tell me something. Why should mDiyo go out of his way to support you (especially when you're blaming him for a crash you generated and added - I don't care if you consider it an 'exploit' or not, the game works fine and there is no reason to crash the game - a warning works just as well.) when you don't care about supporting him?

• Greg, tell me something. Why should mDiyo go out of his way to support you (especially when you're blaming him for a crash you generated and added - I don't care if you consider it an 'exploit' or not, the game works fine and there is no reason to crash the game - a warning works just as well.) when you don't care about supporting him?

Well the issue at hand is that Greg added a change to vanilla plank recipes, and mDiyo appears to have deliberately overridden that change. So it's not a matter of mDiyo going out of his way to support Greg, it's a matter of mDiyo appearing to have gone out of his way to NOT support Greg.

He actively destroyed one of my Features with full intention, by adding the Crafting Recipes after I nerfed the vanilla ones, what is impossible for him without hacks. And that Feature was even fully Configurable. I can expect more "attacks" of him, so I needed to detect if he continues that shit, and if it does so, I cause a Crash. That is why I did that.

• Its actually the iridium plate made from iridium alloy which is the vanilla IC2 item. The iridium plate made by bending an iridium ingot is an item added by GT. Because Greg can't easily change the names of items from other mods, theres no way to rename the iridium plate to iridium alloy plate, unless Greg overrode that item completely with his own item, thereby deprecating the original IC2 iridium plate.

Right; as I said, "One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. " That's fine; the IC2 iridium plate and iridium ingot can and should be left alone. You need to make vanilla IC2 iridium plates in order to make other stuff. The "iridium alloy ingot" is *not* an IC2 item, though; that's a new GregTech item, as is the new thing that results when you put one into an implosion compressor. Since they're both added by GT, he's free to handle the naming however he wants. I'm arguing that the best and simplest thing to do is just rename the implosion-compressed one "Iridium Alloy Plate" and *poof* -- all the NEI and player confusion goes away!

-c

• So Greg, now that you've added your own copper and tin ores, how long would you say until you become completely independent of IC2?

Personally I am more curious about when/whether GT will become independent of Railcraft. :)

• Greg doesn't seem to make many friends in the modding community. mDiyo, immibis, Sengir...

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have a massive bug together with my redwheat farm. The redwheat is auto harvested with GT devices so I'm unsure how the bug was triggered.
    The farm was running nicely a few days and all of a sudden the game crashed repeatedly.
    It keeps crashing every time a redwheat is being harvested, I can only recover by using a older version of my world (before first crash)

I'm unsure what causes this, the redwheat and/or the GT crop harvestor. I also have a stickreed farm that runs much longer and never caused any conflicts.
    Also never seen such behavior when manually crossbreeding.

• the problem with being in California is that I'm not in the right time zone to be in a lot of the discussions...

But besides that you need liquid gold for the casts in the smeltery -> then a liquid metal for the tool because stone can't mine worth stuff then more liquid iron for the tool station (iron blocks) and for all that you need lava.

Aluminum brass. From TConstruct. 3 Aluminum (ore) 1 copper (ore) = 4 ingots/casts worth. Burn 3 iron ore in a vanilla furnace to get a bucket, and you've got your lava and you're good to go.

But I think you understand my point in all the discussion. Vanilla and Tconstruct are same op, a few things are more op but it's because it's a mod who want to be special besides vanilla. (Otherwise why should you use it).

The simplest thing about why TC tools are OP is the comparison of how much cheaper they are than vanilla tools (1-2 ingots, from 3), how much more you can do with them than vanilla tools (durability, enhancements), and the fact that they are completely unbreakable. What I like about TConstruct: the idea of modular tool construction. What I don't like about TConstruct: the ease of getting a tool that I'll never have to replace for the rest of that world. It's actually why I've stopped using TConstruct in my more recent world generations. As has been mentioned, the IC/GT electric tools are also unbreakable; to that I point out that unless you're deliberately bringing extra batteries along (sacrificing inventory space), a Batpack (sacrificing armor), or are wearing a Modular Powersuit (expensive), those tools really don't last that long in the field, and in the end in order to make and maintain them you need a bit of industrial infrastructure (especially if you're using GT, with its Steel tools). Vanilla IC2 stuff isn't that expensive, but that's compared to GregTech pricing. All the IC2 tools are still more expensive than anything functionally equivalent in Vanilla.

But I don't get why some many people are here, crying about tconstruct and balance but still using the most op part of ic2 + gt + vanilla -> lava to do most of their stuff.

Nether lava pumping is laggy as all hell. I don't have time for that, and I know that it's an unbalanced feature. As you mention somewhere else, mining turtles and quarries. F*** CC turtles. Anything that is that inexpensive and that capable, and whose only restriction is that you need to google a bit of code to use it, clearly has no place in my worlds. Quarries, I actually don't have that much of an objection to, because I feel that the energy required to run one coupled with the infrastructure required to both build one (Diamond drill anyone?) and handle its outputs make it worth the convenience you get from a massive automining installation. CC Turtles? Stripmine a continent for a bit of stone and redstone. Not k.

• Where are these 'hacks' in his mod, Greg? I don't see them in his code, but if they are there, I would genuinely like to know where - I don't like to be uninformed and really don't like making false accusations.

Here's his GitHub - maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or something.

https://github.com/mDiyo/TinkersConstruct

Oh, that stuff is OpenSource, I didnt know that. But here is how I found it out.

1. I had an old Version of TConstruct so I needed to update it to the latest Version to see if it really adds such a Recipe.
    2. I saw said Recipe being added. And this Recipe if added normally can not be overseen by my Recipe Replacer as TConstruct always loads before GregTech and I scan at the latest possible Time in the Postload Phase.
    3. I added an additional Crash condition to the Game when said Recipe of TConstruct is detected at the first Ingame Tick. That one failed, because that Recipe hasn't been added at that time, what means it hasnt been added before the Game started.
    4. I decided to delay my Check by 100 Ticks after the Game started, to cause a Crash then, and it successfully crashed after detecting the Recipe.
    5. I confirmed that TConstruct does hack the Recipes into the Game after it has been started.

I looked a bit through his Code and found the Location where he adds his Recipes. Strangely enough there is no Recipe Located which does Wood -> 4 Planks. Wouldn't work anyways if he added it there as my Recipe Replacement Code gets executed after that. More suspicous is that File, which is a Timer without any Functionality. You need a Timer for adding Stuff after the Game started.

Edit: The Crash above is a Problem of the Redwheat. That has nothing to do with my Crop Harvestor.

• Greg, I just downloaded the most recent version and tested the advanced drill and saw, the saw works as it should, but the drill still isn't working on some blocks.

Edit: The Crash above is a Problem of the Redwheat. That has nothing to do with my Crop Harvestor.

ok thx, I'll see if i can make an ic2 bugreport

• Greg, I just downloaded the most recent version and tested the advanced drill and saw, the saw works as it should, but the drill still isn't working on some blocks.

Which Blocks in particular? I have added checks for Materials, but said checks would invalidate the Tool Tiering when being used on Ores.

• TimeTicker is mentioned in common/TProxyCommon.java and client/TProxyClient.java, but it's commented out. The client version has reference to TClientTickHandler, which mentions oreberries and some texture stuff. The suspicious file appears to be innocent right now. I'll keep digging too.

• Which Blocks in particular? I have added checks for Materials, but said checks would invalidate the Tool Tiering when being used on Ores.

It doesn't work on, stone bricks of any kind, bricks, any stone stair, nether brick, endstone, cobblestone and moss stone walls, netherbrick fence, spawners, stone pressure plates, obsidian, glowstone, and nether quartz ore and blocks.