[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Just a small question, can your pipes directly interact with BC pipes? [direct output/input of both items and liquids, without covers or intermediary block]?

AFAIK they can. I tried it with several BC pipes. Namely emerald wooden and golden item pipes.

• Sorry, but I don't see annotations in general. And the connection might have been a Buildcraft Bug back then.

Ok, I accept your apology (I think that was an apology, but I can never tell with you :P)

Sad about AE, but that means I can try GT automation. Looks to be an interesting challenge.

• I have thoughts about Oredict Unification.

First, I love it.

Second, could you make something like a button or hotkey to trigger it instead of periodic checks? I use R to auto-sort my inventory almost every time I look at it, so I might hotkey T if I had the option.

Third, is there a way to make it work with chests or (I'm sure more difficult) AE storage?

• Second, could you make something like a button or hotkey to trigger it instead of periodic checks? I use R to auto-sort my inventory almost every time I look at it, so I might hotkey T if I had the option.

Third, is there a way to make it work with chests or (I'm sure more difficult) AE storage?

Hmm, I haven't tried it with a quarry yet. Unification should get interesting once everything is being pushed into AE or something else.

Greg, we need a block that we can pump items into and out of that unificates for us. And it has to be fast :)

• Hmm, I haven't tried it with a quarry yet. Unification should get interesting once everything is being pushed into AE or something else.

Greg, we need a block that we can pump items into and out of that unificates for us. And it has to be fast :)

level552 is correct. All Gregtech machines automatically unify. An electric sorter or an electric buffer will do the job.

• My Industrial Blast furnace blew up and I'm baffled.

I have a CESU outputting to a transformer (for powering 32/t machines) and the crater that was my blast furnace. I switched the transformer to upconvert to disable that wing of machines (so I can run the 120/t blast furnace). No power inputs to the low sides of the transformer, so no additional dwarves should have been squeezing into the line that also goes to my blast furnace. The only input to that line was the CESU.

Why did it explode?

• Meh, yours are still better :P
    http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…xpansion-3-preview.33536/
    Mostly as they have a form of covers, which was always annoying when using TE stuff in the wall.

Most people will still use TE's because its much cheaper and easier :P
    Although, Greg, you need moar sorting machines :P

• I enjoyed the changes to recipes in the FTB Unhinged pack that balanced TE stuff. Wouldn't there logically be similar configs to make cost:benefit equal so as not to make everyone use TE stuff again?

• Although, Greg, you need moar sorting machines :P

And better explanation of it. I'm pretty sure its the automation GUIs that are hardest to understand, are least used/opened and least documented :|

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• My Industrial Blast furnace blew up and I'm baffled.

I have a CESU outputting to a transformer (for powering 32/t machines) and the crater that was my blast furnace. I switched the transformer to upconvert to disable that wing of machines (so I can run the 120/t blast furnace). No power inputs to the low sides of the transformer, so no additional dwarves should have been squeezing into the line that also goes to my blast furnace. The only input to that line was the CESU.

Why did it explode?

Transformer has an internal eU buffer equal to input eU/t (128 eU for LV one). When you reversed it, it fired it's charge into the line destroying your IBF. Guess how I figured it out? I dewired input from MV transformer to insert some machine on MV line and stuff it with transformer upgrade.

• Transformer has an internal eU buffer equal to input eU/t (128 eU for LV one). When you reversed it, it fired it's charge into the line destroying your IBF. Guess how I figured it out? I dewired input from MV transformer to insert some machine on MV line and stuff it with transformer upgrade.

That is highly unintuitive... real transformers do not store energy. Furthermore, this upconvert-to-disable practice worked fine in 1.5 (I presume because dwarves now fuse into larger dwarves, rather than walking side-by-side).

While this is probably WAI due to packet-based energy transfer, I think it violates the spirit of a semi-realistic representation of power. I am cheating myself a replacement blast furnace, as I don't have the patience to wait an hour for another half-stack of steel to smelt in my bronze blast furnace.

• That is highly unintuitive... real transformers do not store energy. Furthermore, this upconvert-to-disable practice worked fine in 1.5 (I presume because dwarves now fuse into larger dwarves, rather than walking side-by-side).

While this is probably WAI due to packet-based energy transfer, I think it violates the spirit of a semi-realistic representation of power. I am cheating myself a replacement blast furnace, as I don't have the patience to wait an hour for another half-stack of steel to smelt in my bronze blast furnace.

It is needed for you to convert the EU up or down. For example, An MFSU which outputs 2048eu/t only outputs if it has 2048 eu stored (so 2047 EU would not output) otherwise you wouldn't have a set voltage amount.

• That is highly unintuitive... real transformers do not store energy. Furthermore, this upconvert-to-disable practice worked fine in 1.5 (I presume because dwarves now fuse into larger dwarves, rather than walking side-by-side). While this is probably WAI due to packet-based energy transfer, I think it violates the spirit of a semi-realistic representation of power. I am cheating myself a replacement blast furnace, as I don't have the patience to wait an hour for another half-stack of steel to smelt in my bronze blast furnace.

I still had the same problems with transformers in 1.5.2. When you reverse them they seem to always send out the Max E/U that the transformer can handle on any side connected to a machine.

So as a rule... I now keep all Redstone signals away from my transformers. :thumbsup: After my last mess I had. ;(