[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I'm not sure if this is a Gregtech bug or Thermal Expansion bug/feature, but the recipe for the Machine frame and Lead energy conduits use dirt (id 3) with an unusual name instead of glass.

• Hey Greg, I'm writing an addon and have a question: how do you decide whether material should require a blast furnace or usual one is enough? I mean if I plan to add some new materials.

I have a large List of Materials, which contain also the values for the Blast Furnace smelting. Take a look at the gregtechmod.api.enums.Materials.java for more detailed Information. Normally just telling me the Heat Requirement (and ofcourse the Name) of your Material is more than enough for that. Also useful for me would be if you could tell me how it is created, which Color it has and which elemental Materials your new Material consists of.

I'm not sure if this is a Gregtech bug or Thermal Expansion bug/feature, but the recipe for the Machine frame and Lead energy conduits use dirt (id 3) with an unusual name instead of glass.

The Dirt thing has been fixed several Versions ago. And the Name is getting changed to make sure it is visible.

• I have a large List of Materials, which contain also the values for the Blast Furnace smelting. Take a look at the gregtechmod.api.enums.Materials.java for more detailed Information. Normally just telling me the Heat Requirement (and ofcourse the Name) of your Material is more than enough for that. Also useful for me would be if you could tell me how it is created, which Color it has and which elemental Materials your new Material consists of.

Rare earth elements, exact list is:

First column is atomic number or whetever it is called.
    Last column is melting point.
    The only material I'm currently sure is Scandium: is basically a metal with a slightly yellow color. So it can produce plates and other normal metal things. For others I'm still looking for information.

• The Color is not THAT important. It is only really important for transparent Materials, which can be cut into a Lense.

Edit: I added the Materials with your Properties to my List, and set the Blast Furnace requirement to true for all of them.

Edit: In order for a Blast Furnace Recipe to be created you just need to register your Materials as "dust" + [Material] and have a fitting Ingot registered as "ingot" + [Material], during the @Init or @preInit Phase of your Mod. All regular vanilla Furnace Recipes, which are smelting this Dust into an Ingot will get auto-removed to ensure that a Blast Furnace is used. In case the required Temperature of the Blast Furnace is below or equal 1000 (not in your Case, but good to know) it will also get added to the RC Blast Furnace in addition to that.

• Somewhen after the [insert the Mysterious Version Number] Edition of GregTech. Anyone putting bets on how I will name the last 4.04 Release? You will win something! And this something is called nothing!!!

• Somewhen after the [insert the Mysterious Version Number] Edition of GregTech. Anyone putting bets on how I will name the last 4.04 Release? You will win something! And this something is called nothing!!!

4.04α (alpha)?

• 4.04 Letter not found?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Here is a prize http://www.something.com/

Why do I feel bad things are happening in the background of this website?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Аа Бб Вв Гг Дд Ее Ёё Жж Зз Ии Йй Кк Лл Мм Нн Оо Пп Рр Сс Тт Уу Фф Хх Цц Чч Шш Щщ Ъъ Ыы Ьь Ээ Юю Яя

• Look at the OreDict.log for more Information about which Mod added the Original "orePeridot".

ProjRed|Exploration -> gemPeridot uses a deprecated Material and is getting re-registered as gemOlivine
    ProjRed|Exploration -> oreRuby
    ProjRed|Exploration -> oreSapphire
    gregtech_addon -> oreOlivine
    ProjRed|Exploration -> orePeridot uses a deprecated Material and is getting re-registered as oreOlivine

It seems - PR:RED

And there are many errors there - look yourself on to a full version of file Oredict.log

• The Color is not THAT important. It is only really important for transparent Materials, which can be cut into a Lense.

Edit: I added the Materials with your Properties to my List, and set the Blast Furnace requirement to true for all of them.

Edit: In order for a Blast Furnace Recipe to be created you just need to register your Materials as "dust" + [Material] and have a fitting Ingot registered as "ingot" + [Material], during the @Init or @preInit Phase of your Mod. All regular vanilla Furnace Recipes, which are smelting this Dust into an Ingot will get auto-removed to ensure that a Blast Furnace is used. In case the required Temperature of the Blast Furnace is below or equal 1000 (not in your Case, but good to know) it will also get added to the RC Blast Furnace in addition to that.

Thanks.

• I'm curious about this after looking in the configs

there's false=false and true=true

Last time I recall... and forgive me this was about a year ago I remember seeing configs with true or false being just =false or =true

What's with the change?

• The Default of the Config is Part of the Config Name. This makes sure, that if I change the Default everything gets set approciately, so that it ignores the old Default.

4.04 Letter not found?

That was the closest guess, please continue.

And there are many errors there - look yourself on to a full version of file Oredict.log

There are not that many Errors, just the "stoneRod" thing and the few depricated Materials. The Hardcode things are just there to say "Hey if you, the Mod Dev, read this, there is a bit room for improvement". And the Record thing is getting fixed in the next Version.

Btw. I am now working on a better OreDictUnification Config so that every Mod is supported and not just a bunch of chosen ones.